Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Truga posted:

lmao remember when the facebook posters in this thread kept insisting how amazingly awesome and secure facebook's poo poo is

2017 was such an innocent time

facebook is pretty well secured by the standards of the internet in 2019. they obviously don't want just anyone walking away with their masses of pii

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

yeah ill believe all this information was not made available by facebook deliberately when sun rises in the West

oh, it's obviously being made deliberately available to entities of fb's choosing. they don't want any old johnny hacker getting access without their say so - that would dilute the value of the product

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

it's not like cambridge analytica had to bust open some insecure webapp, is what i'm saying

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

jit bull transpile posted:

I don't think you trust
in my
self signed web certify

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

jesus loving christ

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

spankmeister posted:

quaternions are some crazy poo poo, let alone the higher dimension ones.

If they weren't so useful I would say they are an abomination.

abominations can be useful e.g. computers

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Midjack posted:

they can still cram that in there too.

nah, blockchain is old news and no longer hip

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Grace Baiting posted:

ⓑⓛⓞⓒⓚⓒⓗ🅐🅘ⓝ

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

just serve up 128 choices between two images and have someone remember which ones they picked. ez

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

better run this application developed by a famously tricky and knowledgeable adversary as soon as it's released!

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

like, i know it will be harmless and do exactly what it says on the tin. but still, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

another advantage of having upstream blocks on nazi sites is that there's a good chance something awful will also be caught in the filter