Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Shame Boy posted:

actually i cut out two of the questions because i thought they were boring but i just realized something: one was "what car have you owned" and the options were like "porsche" and "lamborghini" and... "nissan"

gosh i wonder which one it could be :thunk:

you know theres someone else out there for whom it said toyota chevy ford and aston martin and that guy had the same reaction as you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Vanadium posted:

naively I would expect that this couldn't happen, but after all I've heard about unexpected dangers in date/time handling, I wouldn't really be surprised anymore if a neglected atomic clock somehow goes critical and makes large swaths of the calendar uninhabitable

i lold

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

can’t wait for facebook to resurrect dead rohingyas i guess, seeing that they are fixing things

you say it as a joke but if facebook starting raising an army of the dead i feel like thered be some complaints about that too

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Lutha Mahtin posted:

yeah there is that old urban legend of "foreign automaker had to design visual instruction cards, because the workers in their assembly plant in the South were just too loving stupid!! lol can you get a load of this??" but it has never ever been shown to be true whatsoever

as the son of an autoworker from the north let me assure you that they were no less illiterate before

even the racist signs in the news just recently were misspelled if you remember

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Cocoa Crispies posted:

poo poo, GM cars even call the instrument cluster “GAGES” in the manual, buttons, and other in-car UI

this bothered me even when i was a kid like come on just sidestep the issue and label it "instrumentation" if you hate the correct spelling of gauges that much

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

lmao good catch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Janitor Prime posted:

but my seat preferences!

and whether the headlights come on on their own

and the door locking behavior (does it lock when i move? does it lock when i walk away? does hitting the button with the fob unlock my doors or all doors?)

and the settings for screen and instrumentation brightness

and the preference settings for what screen the display starts on or what configuration the digital instrument cluster uses or what automated features are turned on or off when the car starts

thats not even touching the 20 preferences you can set in the infotainment system itself