Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Another Person posted:

my definition of isekai is 'gamey nerd poo poo which is clearly influence by videogames' and i dont care about turbonerd strict definition boundaries. goblin slayer is that. send me to anime prison for my genre crimes because who gives a gently caress when it comes to gamer fiction.

I mean you can define an orange as "a sweet, crunchy, red or green fruit that makes great pies" if you really want to and no one is going to throw you in fruit nerd jail, do what makes you happy, nothing has any meaning anyway I suppose, etc etc.

I guess I can take this posting opportunity to vote.

Worst anime that I actually stuck with for 3+ episodes:
Amanchu! Advance: This season made a hard turn from the last one, and left me confused and disappointed. I wish we just got more cool sea diving and relationship development between the MCs and chill SoL comedy and stuff.

Dishonorable Mention to Mitsuboshi Colors for having the backgrounds in many shots just being straight-up photographs with a crappy photoshop filter over them. Also the director made it too slow-paced, so it lost a lot of comedic snappiness from the manga which you can read through at a blistering pace and that seems right for the jokes.

Most Avoided (no particular order):
Goblin Slayer: Synopsis made it sound like Yet Another Shovelware Power Fantasy Anime. Reading some descriptions of the manga confirmed that, and that it's more gross than most. Not interested.
Uzamaid: Synopsis says it's a comedy about a pedophile who harasses a child. :dogout:
Backstreet Girls: Yo wtf is this poo poo. Also it's apparently entirely panning shots across still frames or something? lol great job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU