Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Fangz posted:

The 2018 ADTRW AOTY chart, with my annotations!

I'd really like to know what you use to make these.

Weights were 5 to 1 for first to last? Any chance you can run it with logarithmic weights; just convert with log(weight+1) to take all the #1s down a bit?

I can see my #1 and #2 choices dominating the rest and I don't think I was alone in being able to flip them freely. I'd like to see what the rest of the choices do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Fangz posted:

The 2018 ADTRW AOTY chart, with my annotations!

Happy to be holding down the comedy flank.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i guess me and nephytys are the same person

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Ranzear posted:

I'd really like to know what you use to make these.

Weights were 5 to 1 for first to last? Any chance you can run it with logarithmic weights; just convert with log(weight+1) to take all the #1s down a bit?

I can see my #1 and #2 choices dominating the rest and I don't think I was alone in being able to flip them freely. I'd like to see what the rest of the choices do.

I do these in R and yeah you're right. Running with log weights would be a bit different but not to my eye in any terribly interesting or systematic way.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
not surprised i ended up adjacent to beato believer since pripri is one of my favorite anime

dogsicle posted:

i just always spin too many plates when it comes to seasonal anime and don't have any real reminder system or calendar so i miss new episodes and lost my place etc

then I'm in a weird limbo where i feel like i watched enough of a show recently enough that i should be able to resume but also uncertain if i should rewatch up to that point to be sure I'm getting a real grip on the show

i just use the senpai.moe calendar to remind me what shows im watching and/or am behind on, i usually finish most or all of the shows i pick up a given season unless they just utterly collapse to a degree i cant even hate watch them like juuni taisen did

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Fangz I'm going to need you to make it really clear where I am

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Namtab posted:

Fangz I'm going to need you to make it really clear where I am

in the pile with squark, where people who voted for only one thing went

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

dogsicle posted:

in the pile with squark, where people who voted for only one thing went

Ah, I see it.

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

So, I have to find Erg and get them to recommend me stuff?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Incidentally, I am reassured to see that Karen's power has been restored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fangz posted:

The short version is that the Biplot is a 2D representation that just best preserved the variability in the dataset, so you have to go somewhere, even if it doesn't make total sense. In your case, note that *not listing* any of the more popular shows is interpreted as a choice, so you are grouped together with a bunch of other people who only gave one pick and it was a pick no one else chose. E.g. Namtab and Ibraham Gaunt with Slow Start and Killing Bites.

In an earlier version I had you guys listed as the bad taste zone but I thought maybe that was too mean

I prefer to think of us as independent spirits.