Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
1. Devilman Crybaby

This was the first time I’ve ever watched or read about devilman and I was loving FLOORED. Suddenly so many things in anime just make sense. Devilman definitely inspired sooooo much of my favorite series that it’s just insane to me that I never really knew about it! Honestly idk what to say other than that it’s perfect. This show is so loving weird and goes places I did not expect them to and it’s only 10 episodes. What a perfect length imo. I loving loved every single character. I loving shed tears at some points as well (especially towards the end). This show is insane! It’s a must watch and nothing else came even close to touching it in my opinion. It’s a drat masterpiece. It just OOZES style with its art style and animation, music, and so much more. It’s a loving vibe. 10/10

2. Megalo Box

Another short and sweet series based on an older series I’ve never watched! At first I thought this was gonna be some enchanted exoskeleton sports anime, turns out it was but it also wasn’t. The journey you go with these characters as they rise up is just so loving good. And honestly the ending really threw me for a loop and didn’t go for the easy layup, instead it presented something so much more interesting with the decisions the show runners made as well as ending it on that epilogue. Honestly same things apply here as with devilman. There is just SO MUCH STYLE. I love the way everything looks, I love the character designs, and I love the music. Fantastic.

3. Dragon Ball Super

Listen if you’re Mexican or any sort of Latin American then you know you need to have anything Dragon Ball on your list. The tournament of power was dope and lasted forever. It had some some downtime and some bad moments. But honestly it’s hosed up that I still really enjoy watching my favorite dbz characters continue to duke it out. Super has been a weird ride but it ended so strong. It’s easy to stop caring about the bad details when you watch with friends. Enjoyed the gently caress out of it.

4. My hero academia

Show continues to be good despite the second half just being somewhat boring. I’m excited to see where it goes, but honestly I’m feeling some sort of diminishing returns with the series as it gains more popularity and I see it pop up everywhere. Idk what it is about it but it’s low key turning me off watching it. Will prob still watch the next season though.

5. Food wars!

Honestly this show is trashy as gently caress but I’m a sucker for anything that has to do with competitive cooking tv. I just really enjoy it purely on the scenes when they’re cooking or they are competing. This season was definitely weaker than previous and even then those weren’t that great either. I guess I didn’t finish many anime this year (the ones that did finish at least I guess) but I still found myself going back to this show. Comfort food basically.

I want to really watch SSSS.Gridman after seeing everyone here go off about it. It’ll prob bump off food wars from my list when I watch it.

Special dishonorable mention:

Darling in the franxx

Words can’t even begin to describe my disappointment with this show. The journey from the initial kinda interesting premise with some very weird or hosed up ideas (just how they operate the mechs at all was just the dumbest poo poo ever) just did not pan out. If anything the show actively got worse as it went on, but especially towards the second half and then the final few episodes were it just jumped off a cliff with both middle fingers in the air. This show loving sucked, I’m honestly amazed at myself for even finishing it. It seriously was just such a bummer all year.

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Dec 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU