Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
1. Zombieland Saga: I have never watched an idol show before this, and my expectations were that it was going to be terrible. I only watched the first episode because of how bizarre the premise was, but was quickly sucked in by the excellent writing and humor. I really hope that there will be a second season for all of us to cheer on Franchouchou.

2. Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku: An anime about adults! A refreshing romcom! I enjoyed this enough that I now own all the manga and am anxiously waiting for more.

3. Yuru Camp: Peaceful outdoor fun took me back to childhood. Encouraged my wife and I to get back into hiking. If you are looking for a low stress anime to relax to, look no further.

4. Cells at Work!: Edutainment at its best. Clever design, good voices and a unique premise. After seeing the anime, I recommend watching Dr Hope's Sick Notes YouTube channel where he as of now has discussed the medical science in the first five episodes.

5. Umamusume: Pretty Derby: My favorite sports anime of all time. It was great fun watching with my wife and it actually got us to watch the Kentucky Derby this year. I highly recommend this to anyone who is a fan of sports anime. Also, I suppose this might kind of count as an idol show because of the strange concept of the top three winners putting on an idol concert but that was never really the focus of the show.

Honorable mentions:

Slime: This would have been the top AOTY for me but it is apparently a 2019 anime by thread rules. I'll probably be back to gush about it next year then, and if I'm not that'll be great news because then I'll have found 5 anime that I like better!

Skull Faced Bookseller Honda-san: An 11 minute show that never overstays its welcome. I was worried the animation style would get old but it works surprisingly well. Warning, contains some cringe worthy English and presumable cringe worthy other languages in a couple episodes.

How to Keep a Mummy: A nice simple show. It only exists to be cute, and it is not afraid to acknowledge this. However, it isn't nearly as rewatchable as anything else on this list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

How did I get so close to other people by voting for one show that no one else did

Long story short Idolish7 has to go somewhere on the map as a vector, and it being your only choice it got counted as a first place, putting you farther out along its axis. The others are all stuck between their favorites that where those vector sums just happen to land near you.