Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
You're missing Hey, Your Cat Ears Are Showing!

1. Pop Team Epic

The producers for this really went all out and took advantage of the variety format; we got Hellshake Yano out of it which is just incredible to watch. It did a lot of neat things to create a unique watching experience and the dub team did a good job with the voice acting as well. Would watch again 4 times.

2. Thunderbolt Fantasy 2

This continues the trend of the first season with good puppet action, although it feels less splashy since it didn't have anything on the level of the first 6 minutes of season 1. The show also treats one of its characters in a pretty lame way, but the rest of it is good enough to make me look forward to Season 3. If it wasn't for that misstep I would rank this as tied for 1st with Pop Team Epic because the puppetry is great. I want more puppet shows!

3. Cells At Work!

A solid adaptation of the manga; David Productions did a great job breathing life into it. Hopefully they plan on adapting more of it in the future.

4. Mr. Tonegawa: Middle Management Blues

I liked the combination of Fukumoto's penchant for over-the-top, dramatic delivery/metaphors with mundane office life. The narrator's voice was also an interesting change from the usual Kaiji narrator; there's something about his enthusiasm when he says english words. The only problem with it is that you need to have seen both seasons of Kaiji beforehand to enjoy some of the humour.

5. Skull-faced Bookseller Honda

I enjoyed learning about the behind the scenes actions in bookstores and the humour was great. The animation is low-effort and there's a lot of engrish, but they both enhance the experience in my opinion.

Honorable Mentions:

Love Is Hard For Otaku: I wish I could say more about this, it was entertaining to watch.

Hey, Your Cat Ears Are Showing!: Cute and fluffy!

Golden Kamuy: The anime skipped a lot of content and had some "interesting" animation decisions, but they covered a lot of good moments. The last three episodes of Season 2 were also amazing.

Isekai Izakaya Nobu: Unfortunately it didn't live up to the art from the manga, but it was nice to see it animated.

High Score Girl: A nice adaptation, the ending of episode 3 was a punch in the gut. The 3D animation style they used worked surprisingly well with the manga's art. My main complaint is they ended it in such a weird spot of the story.

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Dec 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU