Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Funimation sucks. They're always ten two key frames of animation a second shows and one popular thing they steal from someone else and make exclusive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Definitely looling forward to a feels episode next week

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Manga spoilers: for those who have read the manga, do you think this season will reach the confession?

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Noooooo boo hiss

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Raenir Salazar posted:

I never got past the first chapter initially because my first impression implied a radically different genre than what I ended up experiencing and glad I gave the anime a chance.

Holy shiiiiit and she's in second!? Is this "The Wave" being recreated!?

You'd think she should lose from such strict discipline but maybe the students of such a highly prestigious school might all be comprised of stuck ups who think the rules are for other people.

The second place might just come from her noteriety, with students not actually knowing what she stands for.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I thought it was funny. One quick line isn't some full plot that will make the episode instantly age. This wasn't the quintuplets episode of South Park, it was a fun thing you can do in an industry that has an extremely fast turn around time.

If the original company didn't like the localization because they didn't like the spirit of it that's one thing, but a big reason why the Evangelion subs are terrible now is because of a studio taking over localizations, so some freedom really should be allowed.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

MikeSevigny posted:

At the end, you can see the animators correcting one of the most unforgivable pieces of cut manga content, probably due to massive fan outrage.

Explaination?

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I'm still a bigger fan of a theme song for a rom com being all the characters pulling guns on each other, but I admit the theming fit the first half of the first season far more than the second, and now it would be completely off.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
The changed character models in Shojo land were :kiss:

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Everyone has knives out for Kaguya's dad

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

NowonSA posted:

I have faith that we're getting quite a bit more Kaguya. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if it just kept going until the manga ends, there's enough of a lead right now to comfortably do two more seasons, and even if they put out a season a year by then there would be enough manga road ahead to do a fifth.

I've only heard good things and there isn't really a good competitor that I know of in the proper "romantic comedy" vein, since so many anime veer further towards romance or comedy and this feels like it's right in the sweet spot.

The manga is indeed fantastic and continues to be fantastic but I think a theoretical season four would conclude with the arc that just started. Season 3 is definitely ready for an adaptation though, unlike when season 1 of the anime completed.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
It took a bit of time last go around.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

I was all ready to say "don't you dare bump this thread and give me hope" but

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
It's not like they acknowledge the way season 1 ended.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
There was plenty of development, but you have to remember that there are multiple main characters beyond the titular Kaguya and her paramour. The final three episodes were dedicated to the background and relationship of Iino and Ishigami, which will continue into the next season.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Raenir Salazar posted:

That ED feels like Starship Troopers got telephone game'd. :v:

No way that was just flat out starship troopers.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
They went so hard on this episode

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Olive Oil, is that you?

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

That's the secret: it's a gag show and a series where the characters grow as people.

Mother's Basement just put out a video arguing that Gag Mangas have produced the greatest animes of all time

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
A very important element of the cultural festival got mentioned (the heart).

This episode will also be a great one to go back to after the arc is over because there are a lot of easter eggs in every scene.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Still not enough time

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

Wait so most these visual gags are anime original?

I don't even know how you could convey the Resident Evil joke in a manga

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I wonder if they'll finish the frenching bit in season 4

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Looks like Peanuts to me, at least top right

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
What a catch hot drat

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Tabletops posted:

Is it a relatively short arc? After thinking about it I’d love for the entire thing to be adapted now that it’s ending soon.

If they want to include what happens to the side characters no but if it's strictly Shirogane and Kaguya it would make a fantastic one hour and 45 minute movie

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I think that's more than enough context for me

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
That is far sooner than I was expecting.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
You'd need six seasons, which I don't think is going to happen now that the anime boosts the manga boosts the anime boosts the manga cycle is over.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
AMC app says Feb 14th

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Only playing once a night for two nights here in NYC, which is too bad. Really wanted to see it but that will be impossible to get the wife and I together at the same time. Hopefully they don't drag sending it to streaming for too long

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Captain Hotbutt posted:

A very weird choice

Isn't that exactly how the manga did it?

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I can't believe they didn't put it all up at once.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
https://kaguya.love/news/?article_id=62680

Well then good news, final two episodes should come out tomorrow.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Only if it is being slotted into a season, by itself it is a little strange.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Proudly not understanding the media I refuse to actually pay attention to.

Imagine watching the first episode open with Kaguya closing a photo album with her wedding ring on and saying "this is just will they won't they again!"

Anyway, this is probably my favoite arc of Kaguya. I love the idea of the immediate follow up the the grand romantic gesture arc being actually that was really unhealthy and also unnecessary, just delaring your love in an empty nondescript park is perfectly acceptable.

Yawgmoft fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 3, 2023

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Whoosh!

For content: speaking of NGE, I liked the use of the Evangelion pastiche when going over hedgehog's dilemma.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I mean the manga also skipped both of those things and then circled back later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Editing because my meta comment on posts is too close to a spoiler for my liking.