Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

FrostyPox posted:

If someone wants to invite said alt account, LordTachankaMain, to the clan, I'd appreciate it.

Invite sent, plus a couple other people in Discord asked for invites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.
Arthur is the first new god I laugh at as I run straight at them.

How is crossplay working out. Console players getting pwned by pc players relentlessly yet?

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
It's only out for switch and xbone rn but coming to pc soon.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

WonderfulWino posted:

Console players getting pwned by pc players relentlessly yet?

I wouldn't worry too much about this.

Ideally the matchmaking should level this out. Whether there's a handicap with controller vs. KB+mouse or not, you should be placed with people around the same skill level.

It might be real bad for the first couple of weeks if TF's algorithm is kind of poo poo, but even in a worst case scenario this should be good for the player base in the long run. More players is always good.

Aborted
Aug 7, 2007

Boba Fatt
https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/super-bowl-sex-sting-hi-rez-1203128632/

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

I think I am in love.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Tyr is very fun, he was my first diamond warrior.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Tyr is really good in Clash. Lots of areas for you to blink+fearless from. And since the towers don't cover the entire lane, you can bully/zone people by flanking around a tower.

Also, Clash in general is fun now that they fixed the phoenixes from being complete bullshit turtle-fests. My only complaint is the long queue time.

Kind of sad they got rid of the unique laser damage. HiRez couldn't do math so they just decided to scrap it :hirez:

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.
So uh... I thought Hi-Rez and/or Smite was partnered with Mixer? Maybe that deal is over? Back to Twitch?

Anyway if you have Twitch Prime and link (or RE-link in my case?) your account with Hi-Rez you get: King Arthur - god, loading screen, avatar, announcer pack, and his new Deathbringer skin. Also looks like 3 more Prime exclusive(?) things to come.

https://twitch.amazon.com/prime/loot/smite

Quick edit:
In-Game Loot: Feb 26 - Mar 25
Hi-Rez Studios

Knee fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Feb 27, 2019

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

That was my impression when I saw this too. I thought Mixer was a multi-year thing. There's even a potential Cabrakan Mixer-themed skin that could come out (per potential datamining).

Maybe Smite wasn't pulling the numbers they were hoping to get and Mixer/TF pulled out of the deal? Or maybe TF worked out some kind of deal where they're not exclusive to just Mixer (they can do promotions with Twitch AND Mixer)?

Either way, hey cool free poo poo why not.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I thought the Mixer deal was just exclusive broadcasting of the SPL. They still did patch notes and community hosted streamers on Twitch.

meanieface
Mar 27, 2012

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
I'd like to clan up too, meanieface there & here.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

I keep trying to invite you but it doesn't seem to work...?

Did someone invite you already?

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008
So my impression on the assault changes is that a map change is cool but the other changes suck. The buffs and minion/tower changes make teams with a strong level 5 team fight able to push the first 1 or 2 engagements really quickly into 2 towers and an insurmountable sustain/gold/level lead. I feel like pretty much every game is 2 towers down on 1 team by 8 minutes.

They achieved their goal of making turtleing impossible. The problem is is that some teams needed to turtle for an item or a few levels to be able to fight with anything resembling a chance. If for whatever reason Assault games are intended to be shorter they should increase the gold spooling and xp gain, assault would be more fun if you could get 6 slotted in it sometimes, especially since they've essentially increased the number of items you can buy with the poots potion. I don't think assault games needed to be shorter anyway, games that took longer than 20 minutes were the exception in my match history before this patch.

Assault was designed to never really be a heavily balanced mode but these changes seem to have made it much much less fun. Even on the winning team it feels loving impossible to be greedy kill chasing hungry enough to throw your lead.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So I'm probably missing something, but I re-installed the game after ages away and clicked on the Council of the Gods section and there's... nothing there? Did I miss it?

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

What platform are you using?

I click on it, and this loads fine (I'm on PC):

Shows a bundle that's available to purchase now, and a second bundle "coming soon."

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
It works on xbone too.

sharkbeard
Jun 24, 2013

Completely Unamused
Rumor has it we'll see a double god release by the end of April, featuring everyone's favorite Egyptian arch enemies. Horus and Set.

I wonder if we'll get any references to the parts they lose in their fated battle.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
It's not really a rumor, they are coming out on the 30th.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

Anyone else been lagging more and more (like, teleporting around) and seeing more and more DCs lately?

Why is this site saying teleporting isn't a word.. that's loving with me.

sharkbeard
Jun 24, 2013

Completely Unamused
Getting yelled at and reported by my whole team for not building meditation in assault never gets old.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

It's going to take a while for people to change. I'm still seeing people pick up Blackthorn Hammer/Chronos Pendant as their first items.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

Well, big update. Haven't played yet, but the new gods read as kind of OP. Horus has Athena's ult as just an ability + heal for any and all allies near? And his ult is Thor's ult plus bring the team with you? Gonna have to go play with that.

New event, 400 gems per chapter chest: 2 items to randomly roll on at first, then 4, then all 6 items, buy them all in a chapter for an exclusive god skin.

Buy all three chapters (7200 gems) get the T5 Kukulkan skin. (I kind of want the skin but probably not gonna go and spend all that on it, just a skin in a game I rarely play :( )

You think the price of chapter chests will go up after the next one gets released?

That new Thor skin from Amazon Prime Loot is pretty legit though.

https://www.smitegame.com/news/sands-and-skies-update-notes

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
I object to calling Horus's ult anything like Thor's because with Thor, if you do it correctly you're guaranteed to hit, Horus's is so slow you can just sorta stroll out of it most of the time. Also Horus is fully on the ground until the flying spirit form lands, you can kill him before it goes off, I've done it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

cyclonic posted:

What platform are you using?

I click on it, and this loads fine (I'm on PC):

Shows a bundle that's available to purchase now, and a second bundle "coming soon."

I'm on PC too - via Steam if that means anything - and this is what I get:

Same for the other one.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

Nucular Carmul posted:

I object to calling Horus's ult anything like Thor's because with Thor, if you do it correctly you're guaranteed to hit, Horus's is so slow you can just sorta stroll out of it most of the time. Also Horus is fully on the ground until the flying spirit form lands, you can kill him before it goes off, I've done it.

I get what you're saying but just do it out of line of site of the enemy, be quick, and if you have a couple teammates with you they should be able to dash/snag the enemy before they get too far away.

But again, I haven't played the god, so I can only assume.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

Data-mining if anyone is interested (actually from April 18th, just now came across them them)

Data posted:

http://smitedatamining.com/smite-6-r4-sand-and-skies-datamining-olorun-from-yoruba-pantheon/

New Skins / Cosmetics
-Battle for Olympus Event (6 R5 patch)
--Arthur (Skin 3)
--Awilix (Skin 7)
--Bacchus
--Poseidon
--Vamana
--Vulcan
-Battle for Olympus Event (6 R6 patch)
--Achilles
--Ah Muzen Cab
--Da Ji
--Discordia
--Horus
Athena (Skin 13)
Bastet (Skin 10) – Luminous
Cerberus (Skin 6)
Hades (Skin 8)
Hou Yi (Skin 11)
--Nu Wa – Rightful Heir
--Hun Batz – Heavenly Ruler
Zeus v3 (Skin 13) (Full new model)

104 – Olorun (Yoruba pantheon)
Olorun is a supreme god and leader of the Orisha under the pantheon (or religion) of the Yoruba. Also depicted as god of the sky.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olorun

Challenge 11 – Fafnir Funderland v2
Seems like adventure 11 is similar to Fafnir’s Wonderland.

I’m not sure if it’s a new adventure or an Assault rework, as there’s hints for assault changes.

Challenge RR
Possible Multi Round Game mode

Above formatting is a little janky, but that's kind of how it was on the site, sorry about that.

Things of interest (to me at least):
The next two exclusive skins, for buying all six chapter chests in the current event going on, are Nu Wa and Hun Batz I guess?
New god and pantheon coming out, Olorun of Yoruba.
New adventure. Might be like Fafnir's Wonderland. I think I remember that one and I think it was enjoyable to some extent.
Not sure what Challenge RR means, might be a part of Challenge/Adventure 11?

Knee fucked around with this message at 01:32 on May 4, 2019

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

I'm on PC too - via Steam if that means anything - and this is what I get:

I'm just guessing, but maybe some of your textures/files got corrupted? Try checking integrity via Steam or reinstalling. Otherwise submit a ticket.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

I played Horus for the first time in Arena yesterday. I'm pleasantly surprised at how balanced he seems.

I mean there might be some fringe janky ult interactions, but I think he's pretty good.

I haven't tried Set, and the few games I played against him he seemed like a non-factor. But then again I'm also seeing some real...creative builds on him.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

cyclonic posted:

I played Horus for the first time in Arena yesterday. I'm pleasantly surprised at how balanced he seems.

I mean there might be some fringe janky ult interactions, but I think he's pretty good.

I haven't tried Set, and the few games I played against him he seemed like a non-factor. But then again I'm also seeing some real...creative builds on him.

Saw an Ares/Horus combo pulling people in in Arena. It was pretty nasty.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
May I have an invite to goon clan for Crazedkid103 please. It's my dumb bad account that I've been trying this game out to fill the void of *trying* to quit a different game. Played some coop games to mostly decent success and have been mercilessly owned in PVP so far. Will hop on the discord eventually, but my SA name and account name aren't at all related so figured i'd make a post.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

I shot you an invite last night. You will have a better chance grouping up with us through the Discord server although I believe we're more active over the weekend.

You should solo queue for a while - I mean you can still group up with us, but don't get addicted to playing strictly with goons. Some of us have been playing since beta and could artificially inflate your MMR, making solo queuing practically impossible without very long losing streaks.

Being mercilessly owned happens. It's a learning process. We all started there - I still remember the BM I got when I heart bombed a tower as Cupid in my early days. But wow from then on out I definitely learned you don't use abilities on structures!

Feel free to ask questions or anything. My best advice is to not get hung up on wins or losses, especially before hitting level 30. You're probably running into smurfs, and the matchmaking is probably trying to figure out where to place you by putting you in extreme cases.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

https://casualsmite.com/

God stats on casual modes (Assault, Arena, Clash)

RIP Set, lowest win rates in Assault and Arena, second lowest in Clash.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Admittedly I haven't wrapped my head around Set either.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Does anyone know why this game runs like absolute trash for me? It's random freezes usually lasting less than a second, and it looks like it's maxing out my cpu. I can run even notoriously unoptimized games like escape from tarkov and pubg with no issues but I can't even play smite because team fights just freeze completely.

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jun 1, 2019

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
What kind of PC do you have? Smite uses UE3, hardly the most graphically intense engine around.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Mr. Neutron posted:

What kind of PC do you have? Smite uses UE3, hardly the most graphically intense engine around.

My gpu is fine, a 1070, but I'm using an older Intel i5-4670. I can run literally any other game just fine though, so it's just smite I guess.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
That really shouldn't matter, my old PC was a 2011 i5 2600k and I had stable 60 with everything maxed. There has to be something wrong with your computer.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Mr. Neutron posted:

That really shouldn't matter, my old PC was a 2011 i5 2600k and I had stable 60 with everything maxed. There has to be something wrong with your computer.

Yeah I meant there's some kind of disagreement between it and smite. I've done all of the crazy stuff I found on reddit and googling so I'll figure out later if it works better. I used to play Smite on this exact pc so I'm confused.

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jun 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
I think I've figured Set out, and he can delete people pretty quickly, but he needs his abilities to do so and it feels like other assassins can do the job easier. One thing he does have though which I'm not super skilled with yet is built-in Blink. With good positioning of his clones he can cover a great distance and then send them all to attack, or bang one out to make a quick getaway. That's the only big advantage I'm sensing from my initial plays with him.