Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Yes it does I given pc friends gifts before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Farecoal posted:

Does crossplay include gifting? I have a friend on PC who might want it.

What's his name?

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Lammasu posted:

What's his name?

FullMetalJackie

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Farecoal posted:

FullMetalJackie

Done.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Thanks!

Clash should be made a 2v2 mode imo. Map is way too small for 10 gods. That or have Clash be 4v4 and Siege made 2v2, but Siege is a pretty large map for only 2 on each team.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Anyone else feel like hunters are even more out of control with this new season? Not sure what to do when I'm playing a guardian with 250+ physical protections and a hunter kills me in 4 autos

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
I don't remember the last time hunters have been out if control. Maybe hunters will finally be good but they'll be nerfed real quick if they are. Hirez hates hunters.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Auto hunters get poo poo on by high prot + nemean builds but I only play assault and arena. I've only ever finished one conquest game because one team or the other surrenders if they lose a fight around the 12 minute mark.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

dogstile posted:

Auto hunters get poo poo on by high prot + nemean builds but I only play assault and arena. I've only ever finished one conquest game because one team or the other surrenders if they lose a fight around the 12 minute mark.

Just started playing this with another goon and it's funny how much it's like League or Dota. We crushed our lane every single game (I've been playing Ymir) and our only loss came when the jungler came in for a terrible gank after we were already up like 4-0 in our lane and ragequit when he dove tower and died. All he had to do was wait 10 or so seconds for me to get back into position to combo his target lmao (it was clear my lanemate and I were backing to buy at the time). Defeat snatched from the jaws of an easy victory.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Feb 2, 2021

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
My friends and I usually only play conquest and joust. Conquests this season have almost always gone to at least 25 minutes for us. Then again we've played this game for a while, and I hear conquest with newer players is not at all fun

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Farecoal posted:

My friends and I usually only play conquest and joust. Conquests this season have almost always gone to at least 25 minutes for us. Then again we've played this game for a while, and I hear conquest with newer players is not at all fun

I think we played five matches and we had that leaver on our team and in another the enemy team had a leaver about 3/4 of the way through the match (we would've won either way it just made it faster). No successful surrender votes until at least the titan was exposed in any game and I think most of them the titan actually fell - I know it did in our one loss.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there have been times where i've considered getting back into smite, but the game has always felt like it was spinning its wheels. i dunno if this new season and whatever else has changed any of that.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Johnny Joestar posted:

there have been times where i've considered getting back into smite, but the game has always felt like it was spinning its wheels. i dunno if this new season and whatever else has changed any of that.

Smite's still pretty much the only action MOBA around, right?

Anyway, I wouldn't say things have changed drastically. Maybe wait a patch or two to play again, both for balance changes and for the new Clash + Siege combined gamemode

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Farecoal posted:

Yeah it usually drags on forever with me, just like it did years ago when I played, because nobody knows how to just push and end the game. I can only spam Attack fire giant! so many times :smith:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I'd rather they lengthen queue times than stick me and my buddy as mid and jungle (when I've never played jungle) when I'm a sick rear end Tian player and we crush our lanes together.

I think that game had three support queuers in it. If you're gonna be stupid enough to build your game around League's terrible meta at least let us play the role we want.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Feb 7, 2021

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Johnny Joestar posted:

God kits have overwhelmingly been bland with the exception of the last ~1.5 seasons. Warrior, hunter, and assassin kits continue to be formulaic but mages and guardians seem to be where their fresh ideas break out.

Game modes do not frequently change, and almost feel like downgrades when you consider some of the cash grabbing adventures they've done.

There was also a fear that the playerbase would not be large enough to sustain the game, but with crossplay, that's no longer an issue. You can play casual or be super competitive with ranked and either is fine.

That all being said, it's still a good game. Items have always been really good, and they continue to impress me with how creative and (eventually) balanced they become. There's too many good items and many build paths that are viable on multiple gods playing multiple roles. Changes are very slow, but the trade off is we see a very balanced game. Earlier seasons you'd always have the new gods being top tier because of how strong/bloated their kits are, but that hasn't been the case for the past ~2 seasons. I mean, OGs like Ra and Cupid have been top picks recently. Everybody chunks if you build or play them correctly.

So, spinning wheels but drifting sideways? But yeah, get and play this game. It's still good.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KXHLdkVPxs

Stranger Things Battle Pass coming next month. Skins for Scylla, Apollo, Bakasura and Sylvanus.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I assume they pick crossover events with a dart board

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

W.T. Fits posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KXHLdkVPxs

Stranger Things Battle Pass coming next month. Skins for Scylla, Apollo, Bakasura and Sylvanus.

God drat it? Am I going to have to start playing again? I hate getting messages that tell me how bad I am.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Lammasu posted:

God drat it? Am I going to have to start playing again? I hate getting messages that tell me how bad I am.

Just mute chat. I've got friends who can barely press buttons correctly and we just mute chat and have a blast anyway.

I also get to chase them around as Khepri playing caretaker, which is fun in its own way.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

dogstile posted:

Just mute chat. I've got friends who can barely press buttons correctly and we just mute chat and have a blast anyway.

I also get to chase them around as Khepri playing caretaker, which is fun in its own way.

They actually send me text messages though Xbox live messaging.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

What the gently caress is this matchmaking. Vulcan literally just bought boots and ran down mid trying to fight the whole match. I really tried to carry, but drat were they heavy.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Lammasu posted:

They actually send me text messages though Xbox live messaging.

Is that not something you can just turn off for non-friends or is microsoft still living in 2005?

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
When I get hate msgs xbox, they automatically go into a click to open but they might be mean category

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Hey why the gently caress did they bring back the old Joust map? I just played a match on it and it blows chunks, just like before. Who was asking for this??

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Farecoal posted:

Hey why the gently caress did they bring back the old Joust map? I just played a match on it and it blows chunks, just like before. Who was asking for this??

From the patch notes:

quote:

Joust and Duel have had many maps across SMITE history that have all had their own unique successes and failures. As a new experiment, we will be rotating in the Classic Joust map as the default map for all Normal and Ranked Joust and Duel matches.

This will provide two unique experiences. First, it’s a clear gameplay and balance change to the modes that will create new god metas and different experiences. But more interestingly, it sets the precedent for map rotation within a mode. Classic Joust has always been brought back as an additional mode, which often split the population and made it feel like a lesser mode. This time, Classic Joust will feel the realest it’s been in years!

The map fits thematically with Morgan Le Fay’s arrival, and will also be seeing a variety of balance and tuning changes. The Red Jungle Camp will have a new feature where it enhances at 10m to provide the usual bonuses plus an additional percent damage to Towers and Phoenixes to mitigate Classic Joust’s base defense issues. There will also be significant changes to the pace players earn Gold and XP to make the curve feel more natural, like other SMITE game modes.

We plan to keep the Classic Joust map as the active Joust map for multiple updates, but depending on feedback and metrics that could always change. We might even start dusting off the Season 3 Joust Map as another possible rotation.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

W.T. Fits posted:

From the patch notes:

I think it's a "lesser mode" because the map sucks. Joust is what my friends and I play the most so this change is very annoying

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Haven’t played this in a long while but have been back at it this week and forgot just how fun it can be. Nox is by far my favorite god and having a good game with her feels so good. You can pull off so many crazy plays with her kit and almost feel the frustration of the enemy player when you root them and they die when you have like 20 health left.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

RIP boots. Now all gods are just showing off their bare feet like heathens.

Also rip is easy/cheap cdr

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I got the Game Pass ultimate pack and I got some kind of coin with it. Anyone know what that's about?

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
U get the 4 gods that get skins in the battle pass and their voice packs. U don't get the battle pass or the skins tho just to specify cuz some people think they do and get mad.

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019

Lammasu posted:

I got the Game Pass ultimate pack and I got some kind of coin with it. Anyone know what that's about?

The coin is a daily deal token. In the store there are 3 skins on sale as a weekly deal, and then 2 sets of 3 items(skins, emotes, etc.) available per day as a daily deal at reduced gem costs(Sometimes it's a bundle of about 2k gems worth of stuff for 600. Sometimes it's like 1200 for 600. Its pretty variable). The token is a "free" purchase of any of those daily deals, no expiration.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Just had a fun Assault match as Cernunnos where I taught the enemy Hades the very valuable lesson of "you cannot survive diving and ulting a Cernunnos when he can just chew you up with lifesteal autoattacks before your ult finishes casting." :allears:

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Quick skim brought up nothing, here goes; I got the itch to try Smite after years, roughly since Achilles release. Where do I get the new launcher, or in general make the game even playable since they abandoned old one?

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019

GuyUpNorth posted:

Quick skim brought up nothing, here goes; I got the itch to try Smite after years, roughly since Achilles release. Where do I get the new launcher, or in general make the game even playable since they abandoned old one?

Don't believe there is a new launcher, and any new installs/start ups have to go through Steam or the Epic store.

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Hello goons

I'm just coming in here to say on a whim about two days ago I decided to finally try this out cuz of Transformers. Game is pretty drat fun. Flash forward to today and I've spent like $200 on skins :negative:

I've only played Arena so far as it scratches the Warsong Gulch itch in my head for some odd reason.

I guess that's all. The new patch and God came out today. Does anyone else play? I joined the Discord and connected with two Goons :3

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
drat it. I got free stuff again so I'm going to have to play it some more.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I got my first pentakill! It was in Joust??

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Development article for Shiva, the Destroyer

Article goes to great lengths to stress that the team worked hard to be very faithful and accurate depictions of Shiva as he actually appears in Hinduism, without any of the normal liberties they tend to take with gods in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Kinda getting into this game and playing with a handful of friends - are there other gods as annoying as Danzaburou because he's been an absolute blast to play and is that perfect mixture of elusive and aggravating. I need more like him (generally awful at melee dudes though)