Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_TvKH-qEJk Corden isn't my favorite late night host but I love these bits where everyone's clearly into it and having fun.

I don't get out often due to cost, and when stuff does come to Portland it's usually sold out before I even hear about it. Still I love musicals and music in general. My only disappointment was Starlight Express, and that was because my brother saw it in London where they had a track around the theater for the races. It was a travelling show out here so they couldn't do that, instead it was a video screen and 3D glasses. Just didn't compare to the image my brother had painted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

The live production of Rent is airing on Fox tonight, from 8 to 11 PM, EST.

The only part of that show I know is Seasons of Love, because when I was in Fiddler in high school the choirs were doing it as their big medley piece for the end of year show so EVERYONE was practicing it when offstage. I wasn't in choir that year and I think I still have it memorized. I'll have to check it out.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

How can someone think editing her out makes it better? Those shows can be a bit of a trainwreck when you get someone like her or Big Narstie on and you're trying to figure out how much they're in on the joke of how out of step they are, but that's the fun of it. I watch the Big Fat Quiz to see Jimmy Carr have a meltdown trying to keep people on script and those folks deliver.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

I want to see that, as it sounds like the same concept as the British group Mischief Theatre, who did Peter Pan Goes Wrong and A Christmas Carol Goes Wrong. Those are pantomime productions, so I'm not sure an American audience would care for them as much, but they were both aired by the BBC so worth hunting down and checking out at least.

e: ah, Play That Goes Wrong is also by Mischief theatre, so more than just a similar concept!

Peter Pan Goes Wrong was wonderful. I couldn't get as much into Christmas Carol though, I think leaving the one-stage format broke it for me and took me out of the visceral nostalgia.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

I love this play and it’s a shame their follow-up things haven’t been anywhere near as good.

I liked Peter Pan. Christmas Carol though... I think it was the TV-based framing instead of a stage show that broke it for me. There's less of a "just roll with it" spirit.