Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

OP, may this thread also house movie musicals because gently caress descending into CD?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I can't wait for Mean Girls to find its way to Vancouver.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm super excited to see Valentina as Angel, even if I'm very over RENT at this point in my life.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

tbh I really like the movie, it cuts a lot of the fluff-- tho losing Contact is a sin-- and Dawson and Thoms were great as Mimi and Joanne. Worst thing about the movie is the awkwardness of the original cast tryna pull off being in their 20s.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

garthoneeye posted:

I like the filmed live on broadway version because it has the whole show and keeps the best part of the movie (Thoms’s Joanne).
I'll have to check it out!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

garthoneeye posted:

I saw Waitress last night and I really liked it. It was a small story very well told. Sara Bareilles’s music was fantastic; I particularly liked the “Sugar...Butter...Flour” motif that played throughout the show. The show was funny, sweet, sad. It was one of the few musicals I’ve gone into blind (deaf?), not knowing anything about the show and also not really knowing very much about Sara Bareilles’s music either, it really made me want to check out some of her other stuff.

Waitress was lowkey an amazing movie, and I reaaaally want to see the musical. Glad to hear i t's good! I didn't even realize it was Sara Bareilles on music and lyrics, I loving love her.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I finally got around to listening to Waitress. Had been putting it off due to Waitress being one of my favourite movies, I didn't realize 'til recently that Sara Bareilles did the music and lyrics for it. I enjoy the soudtrack a lot, and I'm curious to see how they handle the story itself when the show comes to Vancouver this year.

Also goddamn is Jessie Mueller talented. She was amazing in Beautiful and I think even better in this. Shame I'll never see her in the role, or Kimiko Glenn as Dawn.

I think RENT is also coming this year, and I figure I should see it live at least once in my lifetime, or I'd be a bad theatre gay otherwise tbh

e: in fact i learned it was bareilles in this v thread lmfao

esperterra fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 7, 2019

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

f l o u r

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Mel B is a treasure

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

That's coming to Vancouver around when I'm seeing Waitress and RENT. Assuming I'm not dirt poor after them I'll def go see DEH as well.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Fosse/Vernon premiered on FX last night, and it was fascinating, with stellar editing (and of course choreography). Everyone posting in this thread should check it out.

I was all hype to watch it then got drunk after work and forgot. The good news is I'm off today and will be watchin that poo poo FO SHO!! Been really excited since they announced this. Michelle Williams is a treasure, and Sam Rockwell is lowkey genius casting for Fosse imo.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

And by lowkey I clearly mean highkey. Sam Rockwell owns.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

man I need to catch up on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Waitress owns.