Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
I saw DEH in Toronto a few days after it opened, and they nailed it.

I'm still bitter that I'll probably never get a Wicked full recording with Mary-Kate Morrissey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

Senerio posted:

Stars in the Alley was today, so keep an eye onto youtube for the full performances. All the ones I caught were stellar.

In the meantime Bwayworld has highlights of all most of the performances on their twitter.

https://twitter.com/BroadwayWorld/status/1126922395552448513

I love Mary-Kate Morrissey so much.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
Taking the kids to see Book of Mormon on Sunday. To be honest, I'm going to be watching them watch the show as much as I'm watching the show. I love that show.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
DEH was great, but I'm afraid that it's going to wind up being like Rent; great music, painfully dated.

Just booked tickets for Miss Saigon when it hits Toronto in May. My kids love it, we have the Blu-ray of the London west end 25th anniversary show.

Also, I'm super stoked to be playing Pablo in a community theater production of Sister Act.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

in_cahoots posted:

I wanted to like DEH, but the more I thought about the plot the more unhappy I was with the relatively happy ending. He pulls a stunt that in reality would shatter a family, and the only real consequence is that he loses his girlfriend. If you’re going to tackle serious subject matter then don’t pander to the audience.

I think the idea is “hey kids, you can survive being shamed on social media, don’t kill yourself.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

garthoneeye posted:

Who had to survive being shamed on social media? The Murphys?

Nah, Evan.