Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’ve seen Hamilton 3 times 🙃

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

garthoneeye posted:

I saw The Play That Goes Wrong last night. It was hilarious, highly recommend. The premise is a small community theatre putting on a serious murder-mystery and everything coming off at the seams. Ridiculously funny.

Warning that this group’s other piece, The Comedy About A Bank Robbery, is far worse. Unless you really really love fork handles/four candles-esque puns.

The Play That Goes Wrong is loving brilliant though.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Would it be ok if I used this as the Fosse/Verdon thread?

FOSSE/VERDON RULES SO HARD

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Remulak posted:

Tour of The Play That Goes Wrong worth it?

I love this play and it’s a shame their follow-up things haven’t been anywhere near as good.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bruceski posted:

I liked Peter Pan. Christmas Carol though... I think it was the TV-based framing instead of a stage show that broke it for me. There's less of a "just roll with it" spirit.

Peter Pan is their second best thing, yeah, but The Comedy About A Bank Robbery was awful and their recent show, while it had some good jokes involving sets, repeated a lot of the same gags over and over.