Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

R.D. Mangles posted:

hey assholes

bear down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

Everything is lined up for the Colts to once again break the Chiefs' hearts in the playoffs.
Not this time motherfucker. Pretty boy Pat is taking down the Caveman.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

LiquidFriend posted:

Not this time motherfucker. Pretty boy Pat is taking down the Caveman.

If the Chargers advance and get to go to Gillette instead of Arrowhead I'd be ecstatic.

Did I really just say that

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

no ones advancing past lamar "stonewall" jackson

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

If the Chargers advance and get to go to Gillette instead of Arrowhead I'd be ecstatic.

Did I really just say that
The Chiefs will be pretty hard to beat at home with Berry, Watkins, Ware and all of the actual starting Offensive Line back on the field.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I really hope Sammy Watkins is back for the playoffs because the offense only goes into nuclear mode with him, Conley doesn’t really get open and the coaches won’t play Demarcus Robinson over him

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

LiquidFriend posted:

The Chiefs will be pretty hard to beat at home with Berry, Watkins, Ware and all of the actual starting Offensive Line back on the field.

Till ol Billy 5 aces fires up his VCR.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Since I was curious:

West coast teams playing early games since 2010

53.6% Seahawks 15-13
46.9% Chargers 15-17
40% 49ers 14-21
31.7% Cardinals 13-28
31.7% Raiders 13-28

Road games in general:

50.7% Seahawks
43.1% Chargers
37.5% 49ers
37.5% Cardinals
31.9% Raiders

So uh yeah, seems to be a misnomer?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Kalli posted:

Since I was curious:

53.6% Seahawks 15-13
46.9% Chargers 15-17
40% 49ers 14-21
31.7% Cardinals 13-28
31.7% Raiders 13-28

Road games in general:

50.7% Seahawks
43.1% Chargers
37.5% 49ers
37.5% Cardinals
31.9% Raiders

I think it would be better to compare early games to late games on the east coast, since most road games they would be playing would be against their own division.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Elephanthead posted:

This afc south the worst division with all expansion teams in lovely cities and the colts in a lovely city no one cares about.

Only division with three teams over .500 :colbert:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Kalli posted:

Since I was curious:

53.6% Seahawks 15-13
46.9% Chargers 15-17
40% 49ers 14-21
31.7% Cardinals 13-28
31.7% Raiders 13-28

Road games in general:

50.7% Seahawks
43.1% Chargers
37.5% 49ers
37.5% Cardinals
31.9% Raiders

Quite frankly, I have no idea how the Hawks are even above 50%

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
low key this is an awesome slate of wild card matchups. quote this when we get three blowouts

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

The Vikings suck and are not in the playoffs and we grossly overpaid for a mediocre (at best) QB.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Manoueverable posted:

Quite frankly, I have no idea how the Hawks are even above 50%

Pete Carroll has been coach since then and the team has been really good?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I really hope Sammy Watkins is back for the playoffs because the offense only goes into nuclear mode with him, Conley doesn’t really get open and the coaches won’t play Demarcus Robinson over him
Conley and Robinson are bad enough to almost make me put WR at the top of my draft wishlist, as Sammy being hurt at some point is a guarantee. Well that and Conley will be gone in FA next year.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I thought you guys just scooped up Benjamin tho!? Surely he's been an asset to while Watkins has been out.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Kalli posted:

One weird thing is the Pats went 4-0 against playoff teams and 7-5 against everyone else.

Of course they played all 4 at home and haven't played a playoff team since halloween, but hey! they just gotta win a lil' ol divisional round game and then they're in the AFC Championship game for the 8th consecutive year.

Not cool.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Eagles made the playoffs :toot:, thanks Bears.

My old flatmate messaged me saying how lucky the Eagles were to get in "On a technicality". That technicality was the Bears playing a full strength team with "nothing to play for at half time"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The technicality was Kirk Cousins being a shook rear end punk bitch

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I shall now begin to hold my breath for the Cowboys.

If you're looking for me, I assume the paramedics will find my unconscious body in the next hour and take me to a hospital.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Ravens opening as -2.5 favorites at home vs the Chargers.

I'm already nervous

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Texans also -2.5 favorites over the Colts, meaning both the Colts and Chargers would be very slightly favored on a neutral field vs their respective opponents

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lmao the Bears backups would have won that game.

The Vikings were shook rear end mfers with an 84 million dollar WR coach apperantly.

https://twitter.com/1500ESPN/status/1079510934681378817

Dexo fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Dec 31, 2018

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Its fitting, the Vikings went out to get their franchise QB after being knocked out of the playoffs by the Eagles, only to once again be knocked out of the playoffs by the Eagles*

*and Bears.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Dexo posted:

Lmao the Bears backups would have won that game.

The Vikings were shook rear end mfers with an 84 million dollar WR coach apperantly.

https://twitter.com/1500ESPN/status/1079510934681378817

That Theielen look off in the distance look is the same look I get when my wife nags me about not doing something.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

If Philadelphia/Washington was a tie would the Eagles still have been in over the Vikings?

Just wondering if Minnesota getting shithoused by the Bills or Daniel Carlson missing three field goals is the sadder game to point to as the reason they didn't make it.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Power of Pecota posted:

If Philadelphia/Washington was a tie would the Eagles still have been in over the Vikings?

Just wondering if Minnesota getting shithoused by the Bills or Daniel Carlson missing three field goals is the sadder game to point to as the reason they didn't make it.

No,we would have had the same record the Vikings held the tie breaker over Philly

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Its amazing that 2 former Raiders have helped their teams get to the playoffs (Cooper and Mack). While the Raiders have been loving awful this year

Also its Trey Burton reunion week this week :unsmith:

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
I still want to know if the Vikings had tied the Bears, whether their 8-6-2 record would have gone to tie breaker with the Eagles' 9-7.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

I still want to know if the Vikings had tied the Bears, whether their 8-6-2 record would have gone to tie breaker with the Eagles' 9-7.

Uhh yeah they would have gone through iirc

At least the tickers on the games yesterday were saying Vikings qualify with a win/tie.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Ties are worth half a win so yeah 8-6-2 equals 9-7

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Dexo posted:

Ties are worth half a win so yeah 8-6-2 equals 9-7

Its kinda dumb, its not a win and shouldnt be counted over a win.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Mike Mayock is new Raiders GM.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/rah33zy/status/1079502798696402949?s=21

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

E: Holy poo poo, that was Lamar Jackson? I haven't seen that since vine was a thing

CyberPingu posted:

Its kinda dumb, its not a win and shouldnt be counted over a win.

Can't you say the same thing about it not being a lost game/two ties shouldn't be penalized over a loss? I feel like the half and half split is the only way to do it.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Power of Pecota posted:

E: Holy poo poo, that was Lamar Jackson? I haven't seen that since vine was a thing

Can't you say the same thing about it not being a lost game/two ties shouldn't be penalized over a loss? I feel like the half and half split is the only way to do it.

You didnt do well enough to win the game though, therefore shouldnt be put above someone who did win those games.

if it was a points thing over W/L then you would need 3 ties to equal 1 win

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Ravens defense had a bad night and almost blew this goddamned thing a week after crushing Rivers on the road. Off night for the secondary and I'm pretty confident they'll get back in shape going forward.

P.S. The Browns are loving good and should compete to win the AFC North next year barring any catastrophic coaching hires

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Ties are counted as half a win and half a loss because standings are technically by win percentage and not raw numbers of wins.

An 8-6-1 team (0.566) with a game cancelled due to weather would get in over a 9-7 (0.563) team in the same division.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

AndrewP posted:

P.S. The Browns are loving good and should compete to win the AFC North next year barring any catastrophic coaching hires

so they’re gonna go 5-11 after hiring Jeff fisher is what I’m hearing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

a patagonian cavy posted:

so they’re gonna go 5-11 after hiring Jeff fisher is what I’m hearing

inshallah