Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
Is there a week where Rapoport does not get owned?

https://twitter.com/john_siglerr/status/1079774979514949635

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LiquidFriend posted:

Cash in with a bad draft class, get #1 pick and draft 1 Tua in 2020.

Doltos posted:

This draft is loving stacked top to bottom.

I'm with Doltos on this one. Weak top-end QB and RB class but everything else is good.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

cpranger posted:

He even gets owned in getting owned

https://twitter.com/tylerjames248/status/1079777458017038337?s=21

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

CyberPingu posted:

Its kinda dumb, its not a win and shouldnt be counted over a win.

then maybe you should have beat the vikings at home

loving lol

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Where da new N/V thread?

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

If there was any justice in the world Chargers would have a first round bye but no the Pats are gonna make another Superbowl after Andy Ried chokes again. This time I think in the AFC title game and then they're gonna pick apart whatever the gently caress New Orleans calls a Secondary and win another title. I am not excited for this outcome hail Satan.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CyberPingu posted:

Its fitting, the Vikings went out to get their franchise QB after being knocked out of the playoffs by the Eagles, only to once again be knocked out of the playoffs by the Eagles*

*and Bears.

At least they have a commercial that the NFL plays over and over.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The Dave posted:

Where da new N/V thread?

You can start threads you know.

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

cpranger posted:

Blackmon day.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

carry on then posted:

then maybe you should have beat the vikings at home

loving lol

Oh yeah, it sucks that we are in the playoffs over them. Oh no, whatever will I do...

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The Vikings Eagles rivalry or whatever that sprouted in the last 2 years is funny and interesting to me

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Pycckuu posted:

Blackmon day.

That's April 20th.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I can almost just...feel the red-faced conservative Minnesota fans despising everything about Philly people in general so that's a good rivalry in my opinion, especially if the Eagles keep winning and making them furious.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

kiimo posted:

I can almost just...feel the red-faced conservative Minnesota fans despising everything about Philly people in general so that's a good rivalry in my opinion, especially if the Eagles keep winning and making them furious.

:hmmyes:

The best thing about this is that it wasnt born from a heated, gritty game. We blew them out then their fan base turned really petty and stopped a load of our players from eating in restaurants during the SB week.

Also lol they gave up a first for Bradford.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Yeah the Vikings rivalry or whatever you want to call it came about because Vikings fans are a bunch of whiny babies. They came to Philly and insulted the city, were summarily defeated in hilarious fashion, then went full baby and refused to service eagles fans/players. There’s not really much of a rivalry at all. Or it’s just completely one-sided. It will always be funny to watch Vikings fans implode though.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

CyberPingu posted:

:hmmyes:

The best thing about this is that it wasnt born from a heated, gritty game. We blew them out then their fan base turned really petty and stopped a load of our players from eating in restaurants during the SB week.

Also lol they gave up a first for Bradford.

Vikings fans (not talking about Vikings posters, because y'all are cool) talked so much poo poo in the week leading up to the game that watching them get blown out was really fun until it got kind of sad. All the talk about a home Superbowl, all the talk of the team of destiny, all the swagger- all gone by halftime. They completely ignored the fact that they were only in that position because of a freaky blown miracle play, and I just didn't understand all the poo poo talking. Then after the game all the swagger morphed into weird virtue signaling because someone got a beer can thrown at them and it's literally the only thing that those fans could say. gently caress them.

I certainly don't hate the Vikings though, and would definitely cheer them on in the right Superbowl, but lol if they thought Kirk Cousins was going to carry them there.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

kiimo posted:

I'm with Doltos on this one. Weak top-end QB and RB class but everything else is good.
Bad draft class was suppose to mean for QB's in particular. I suppose I should have clarified that!

This QB class sucks.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

Bad draft class was suppose to mean for QB's in particular. I suppose I should have clarified that!

This QB class sucks.

i'm sorry but clayton thorson is available to be the evolutionary trevor siemian

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Hey RD how long has Sherrick McManis been on this team. It feels like he's been on the Bears since like the early 2000s.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Dejan Bimble posted:

I loving hate the stupid loving Lions, they can't even tank properly

I miss the state of michigan but the further away I get the more likely it is I can break this terrible emotional connection to this object of distraction for the bonehead side of the ford family

Allahu ackbar

Counterpoint: ending your season on a win feels way better than ending it on a loss, especially when you get to poo poo-house a rival when they're down.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

a new study bible! posted:

Vikings fans (not talking about Vikings posters, because y'all are cool) talked so much poo poo in the week leading up to the game that watching them get blown out was really fun until it got kind of sad. All the talk about a home Superbowl, all the talk of the team of destiny, all the swagger- all gone by halftime. They completely ignored the fact that they were only in that position because of a freaky blown miracle play, and I just didn't understand all the poo poo talking. Then after the game all the swagger morphed into weird virtue signaling because someone got a beer can thrown at them and it's literally the only thing that those fans could say. gently caress them.

I certainly don't hate the Vikings though, and would definitely cheer them on in the right Superbowl, but lol if they thought Kirk Cousins was going to carry them there.

I don’t regret hoping that Cousins would do good things for the team right out the gate, look at what we managed to do with Sam Bradford and Case “picked off by Katie Nolan’s producer” Keenum, even if the defense regressed to a not almost historic level an upgrade at QB should could get us farther than missing the playoffs entirely. Still, hard to be upset at poo poo talking Philly fans, they goddamn crushed the Vikings and then came to Minnesota to win the Super Bowl, and sour grapes are the funnest to crush into wine, they earned every bit of it. Plus, Furious George working it into about every single post for like 6 solid months was a really funny thing to keep going.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

Hey RD how long has Sherrick McManis been on this team. It feels like he's been on the Bears since like the early 2000s.

mcmanis spent a bunch of time on the texans also

can confirm he gets a huge pop during northwestern's "wildcats in the NFL" scoreboard graphic alongside a bunch of Practice Squad Fullbacks and Trevor Siemian

mcmanis is literally the first good defensive back i ever recall witnessing in person in a northwestern uniform

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

CyberPingu posted:

Oh yeah, it sucks that we are in the playoffs over them. Oh no, whatever will I do...

Try not losing to a team that lost to the loving Bills.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

carry on then posted:

Again... In the playoffs. Who cares.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

A lot of bad things happened to scuttle the Vikings offensive line (and season) First Joe Berger retired, the FO screwed up the draft by assuming that they could gamble and take a DB in the first. Then Tony Sparano died, Pat Elflien (the center) had off season surgery and wasn't able to hit the weight room as well as needed. The rookie tackle was good, he didn't give up a sack all year (O'Neil), but the retreads were horrible. Kirk Cousins looked bad because the Bears were barely slowed down by the line. No one would have looked good under that pressure.

When I hear someone wondering if player X or coach Y could make in the NFL my answer is that Vince Lombardi could coach in any era. Dude straight up knew fundamentals down pat and he KNEW that the offensive line is the most important part of a team. If you control the line, even a crap RB looks good and a mediocre QB can look good if you give him a good run game and time to throw. Dominate on offense and your defense doesn't really need to be all that impressive.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
The Philadelphia Football Eagles

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

carry on then posted:

Most of the league have lost to a team that lost to the Bills. The only divisions that seem mostly clean there are the AFC North and NFC South... because almost nobody the Bills played played any of them.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Just the Ravens, who beat them by 50 points. Team of Destiny.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

I mean every Eagles fan in here posting about angry Vikings fans is still, at the end of the day, members of a fan base that boos santa clause and eats horse poo poo off the ground.

I still feel pretty good about myself by comparison. :smug:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Well you shouldn’t. Your team went from superbowl dreams to out of the playoffs and find the Eagles that one step ahead yet again.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

BUG JUG posted:

I mean every Eagles fan in here posting about angry Vikings fans is still, at the end of the day, members of a fan base that boos santa clause and eats horse poo poo off the ground.

I still feel pretty good about myself by comparison. :smug:

the vikings will never win a super bowl lol

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

young, and on the rise gets funnier by the year

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I suspect (maybe wrongly) that someday all the bad karma the Vikings have been hit by since forever will clear away. Who knows. It's not like the organization isn't making an effort.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The Vikings are extremely trying. There is no lack of effort or "want to" on their part.

They just always seemingly fall short despite their efforts.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
The Vikings would've been fine this year if they had attended to their offensive line properly. That was basically their only weakness but it was a massive one. Fix that (and get a bit more depth on defense) and they are well above average again easily. If they manage to accomplish that one task in the offseason it will have been an offseason well spent

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The Vikings cap situation this offseason is.. not great and 3 of their veteran lineman are UFAs. They are going to be heavily dependent on hitting on draft picks and hoping guys pan out

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Two of the starters on the O-line were recently drafted. Elflein should be better with a full off season weight training routine. O'Neil didn't surrender a sack. If Nick Easton comes back in good shape that leaves two spots (and depth) to fill.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Darth Brooks posted:

Two of the starters on the O-line were recently drafted. Elflein should be better with a full off season weight training routine. O'Neil didn't surrender a sack. If Nick Easton comes back in good shape that leaves two spots (and depth) to fill.

Exactly what I was just about to post, two solid contributors on the line and the team is back to being competitive with anyone. The overall depth in some areas is definitely concerning, but for now their draft should be focused on O line first and maybe secondary/LB depth after that.

The annoying thing is that they should've seen this coming. Yes, it seems they did well on O'Neill but the O line was struggling last season too and clearly needed shoring up and yet they only drafted a single lineman. Their 13-3 record obscured it a bit but watching the film it's undeniable. Their first two picks were good but it tapers off drastically after that, and there was still some decent fat man talent available in the later rounds

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Darth Brooks posted:

Easton coming back isn't a guarantee at this point though, that's the issue with the Vikings. They are entering the offseason with only about ~4 million in effective cap space before the re-sign any players so they need to restructure and cut other guys just to get enough space to bring him back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cascadia Pirate
Jan 18, 2011
Plus they have to re-sign Barr which probably won't be cheap.