Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

A lot of bad things happened to scuttle the Vikings offensive line (and season) First Joe Berger retired, the FO screwed up the draft by assuming that they could gamble and take a DB in the first. Then Tony Sparano died, Pat Elflien (the center) had off season surgery and wasn't able to hit the weight room as well as needed. The rookie tackle was good, he didn't give up a sack all year (O'Neil), but the retreads were horrible. Kirk Cousins looked bad because the Bears were barely slowed down by the line. No one would have looked good under that pressure.

When I hear someone wondering if player X or coach Y could make in the NFL my answer is that Vince Lombardi could coach in any era. Dude straight up knew fundamentals down pat and he KNEW that the offensive line is the most important part of a team. If you control the line, even a crap RB looks good and a mediocre QB can look good if you give him a good run game and time to throw. Dominate on offense and your defense doesn't really need to be all that impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I suspect (maybe wrongly) that someday all the bad karma the Vikings have been hit by since forever will clear away. Who knows. It's not like the organization isn't making an effort.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Two of the starters on the O-line were recently drafted. Elflein should be better with a full off season weight training routine. O'Neil didn't surrender a sack. If Nick Easton comes back in good shape that leaves two spots (and depth) to fill.