Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

*nods sagely*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
2018 was, overall, a mixed year.

Mom died, changed jobs three times, graduated from community college and transferred to a four year school, got into my first real car accident, and (probably) lost a Federal internship to Trumps shutdown.

Also got good grades and made progress towards getting my bachelors degree, and lost 30 pounds doing keto.

Overall, I'd say it was a wash.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
2018 can suck my dick from the back. It was a little better than 17 but not by much.

Mom went in for a pacemaker at the beginning of the year, my dad just had emergency triple bypass.

Hopefully 2019 will kick rear end, or we all end in nuclear hellfire.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i absolutely shouldn't be drinking right now

i haven't eaten anything all day except for breakfast

i'm clocking in 14.5 hours billable time when today is done with because loving international team and new years is loving me over

heavy lies the crown

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

It's pretty clear we're living in a Beckett play and each year will be worse than the last as we crawl asymptotically closer to some awful finale but being alive is worth celebrating, so happy new year.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Handsome Ralph posted:

True, but his days of selling out the Kennedy Center and Madison Square Garden are long behind him.

I'm severely disappointed with his actions and choices is the kindest thing I'll offer in his defense now.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

EBB posted:

i plan on spending 2019 as high and belligerent to non-leftists as possible

be gay do crime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p545CE83uQ&t=169s

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
i cant wait until the dem primary starts in earnest lmao

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
its going to be so bad

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
My plan is to get my finances in order, try to stop creating so much waste (mostly by reducing the amount of plastic I come into contact with) and continue boxing. I guess I have already started all three but 2019 will get the credit.

And who knows, maybe I will see Kirk Cousins earn his loving pay.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm going to break up with my girlfriend of seven years tomorrow

Duzzy why are you guys breaking up? 7 years is a long time. Everything okay man?

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Not a resolutionnecessarily, but now that my life has a normal flow again, I really need to try to lose some weight. Hopefully can get some money stashed, and I might finally let the poor folks in my sex dungeon out.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Only good thing I saw in 2018 was a better job opportunity for more money in a much better location.

2019, barring major unforeseen expenses, will be the year I get out of debt. And probably buy a house so I can work on my loving cars and get a dog.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

2018 cleared up what debt I had and got me back in shape a bit. Though there's been some backsliding on that. I have my career locked in too.

Still, the state of the world and some other personal stuff has kept me pretty depressed.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I didn't kill myself this year. Here's to another year of still not doing that.

I meant this in more of a "haha he choked on a ping-pong ball what a jackass" sort of way, rather than something depressing. Don't hurt yourselves folks.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Not really a resolution, but I am hoping I will be able to exercise again- like really get some physical activity in after my partial knee replacement.
And quit being such an rear end in a top hat.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Iain posted:

My plan is to get my finances in order, try to stop creating so much waste (mostly by reducing the amount of plastic I come into contact with) and continue boxing. I guess I have already started all three but 2019 will get the credit.

And who knows, maybe I will see Kirk Cousins earn his loving pay.

Is boxing cool and fun or is it a bunch of try-hard CrossFit assholes? I'd really like to give it a shot someday

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I went to 20 countries, got engaged, and got a promotion in 2018 so it was OK for me. But I recognize that it was bad for highschool students who don't like getting shot, Central American kids who came to the US with hopes of not being sent to concentration camps, and House Republicans who were hoping to continue to marginalize both of those aforementioned groups.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Personally, it was a pretty good year. Got married and ran a marathon. But I'm a straight white dude, so it's a pretty low bar for me.

Here's to hoping 2019 is better for everyone who had a poo poo year in 2018.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Hot Karl Marx posted:

i cant wait until the dem primary starts in earnest lmao

I might start spouting QAnon memes if the DNC primary is as much of a shitshow as RNC 2016 was

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

My year was fine. Made a boat load on orders. Got to be roommates with Monty. Enjoyed time at home with the kids and wife.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

My year was great. Quit my old job and career, started back to grad school for what I feel is my calling, and maintained my shape.

Next year is to continue doing well in classes, rock out my clinical internship, and improve my fitness.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

egyptian rat race posted:

Is boxing cool and fun or is it a bunch of try-hard CrossFit assholes? I'd really like to give it a shot someday

I really enjoyed the program I was in. It was a 101 program for college credit, although I didn't need the credit I wish I would have put it on the GI Bill. Mine was a small group of like 7-9 of us, all college aged except me and another guy. Typical day was a 40 minute circuit workout and then like 20 minutes of some instruction and/or bag and mitt work, no sparring. It was specifically a boxing gym so I think that kept away a bunch of the crossfit douches. I lost a bit of weight and built some muscle which I liked. If I cleaned up my diet I think I could have seen more results.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

happy new year you loving bastards

suck my dick from the back

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Happy New Years from God's own time zone

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Happy New Years GiP

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

happy new year you filthy animals

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

gently caress you 2018, looking forward to being hosed in 2019

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Buck up Lieutenant Dan!

Time to hit the do-over switch.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I did good at work and got promoted with a fat pay increase but also broke up with my gf of 3 years who totally thought I was gunna propose while we were in Europe together but instead I took the dog and left a few days after we got back.

So mixed bag.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Three more hours, made sure to get at least one watch in this year

My resolution is to watch fury road more than once a year

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

2018 was a decent year for me. Went to six countries for work and did some cool stuff there; dealt with some challenging BS back at the office.

On a personal level, I spent my year raising my dog, watching my best friends give birth to their first kid, getting engaged to the love of my life, and capped it off by officiating my sister’s marriage to a good dude.

Let’s see what 2019 brings. Hopefully Trump reports to jail on my wedding day.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

2018:
doing good at my job
got medically separated from Marine OCS
stopped cycling and became more all around fit
drank more than I should
didn't get my flight nurse certification

Meh, it's a wash.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Watch 3 Kings 3 times a year imo

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Gonna spend the next year learning about the plant tracking programs I'll need for work, METRC and Biotrack. Hopefully shuffle over to the cloning nursery in the spring, and start working a grow position by next fall. But I'll happily take a trim lead role when we have a dozen trim machines and two shifts of people feeding them. Finally in the career I should've been working on entering a decade ago. Feels so loving right.

Tossing my keys at my old boss at the warehouse was the best thing I did this year. And I have the "do crime" angle nailed down on a federal level.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm hosed unless I hit the lottery or someone in my family dies who still has me in the will :toot:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I was pretty solidly hosed about five years ago. It passes, man. It takes time, you get used to living with a mountain of unpaid debt and ignoring collections calls, but it passes. Besides, who is actually planning on retiring anyway, right?

Take some deep breaths, bud. And call the VA to see a psychiatrist. Anti-depressants do help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I was pretty solidly hosed about five years ago. It passes, man. It takes time, you get used to living with a mountain of unpaid debt and ignoring collections calls, but it passes. Besides, who is actually planning on retiring anyway, right?

Take some deep breaths, bud. And call the VA to see a psychiatrist. Anti-depressants do help.

Hey appreciate the thoughts man, I'm one of those non-mil refugees from the rest of this trashfire forum who found a home to make bad posts about current events here. I do need to find a psychiatrist though. Hope 2019 goes well for you.