Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I watched John Mulaney and the Sack Lunch Bunch and it's weird, I can recognize that it's good but I just didn't enjoy most of it. The format and all the kids just didn't work for me. It's one of those things I can tell people I wholeheartedly recommend but did not, myself, enjoy.

I really just want another Mulaney standup special. Or more Oh, Hello.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I did think it was weird that the bears didn't wear armour but eh who cares it's a minor point, the fight was good and the movie fight sucks rear end. It wa clear that Iorek did some bad poo poo to the other bear so there was no need to actually show it. The part where Roger gets severed was far more horrifying either way.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rocksicles posted:

The beauty of the new bears is since the first scene they made them have weight. The one thing they didn't gently caress up in this show was how loving good the animals looked.

When they actually fuckin show up

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hakkesshu posted:

The part where Roger gets severed was far more horrifying either way.

I knew it was coming and it still really got to me, that was an incredible scenee

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

False posted:

Was Kidding ever popular on here? I get around to shows well after their release and miss out on the group commentary / love but I'm wrapping up the first season now and its just such a wonderful show.

I totally get how people might not like it - its not "fun" and its awfully in your face in the first episode or two (oh look that ones gay and frustrated and everyone wants to die, suburban ennui, etc) but its incredibly smart and sensitive and has some of the best commentary on marriage and life-long relationships on TV.

I bounced right off the first ep. Way too overwrought for me, and the onus they put on the main character, what he was and how the other characters related to him, it just didn't feel realistic.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na8J_R3bL5I&t=3s

:cheers:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

v excited to binge Spinning Out whilst hungover tmw.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Tsyni posted:

What do you guys use to keep track of and log your TV show watching?

*taps forehead*

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

*taps forehead*

Same.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Annabel Pee posted:

You Season 2 is probably the wrongest I have ever been about goon opinion. Like I even enjoyed it as an easy guilty pleasure type show, but I'm so surprised you guys liked it. It seemed like every worst instinct of the later seasons of dexter times ten. Finale spoilers: Even directly ripping of Dexter Season 2, of course the dead girl wasn't killed by Joe, it just happens that two serial killers ended up meeting each other, because that makes sense. And looks like next season we're due the can I be a family man and a killer, oops guess I can't thing Dexter did for so long.

You basically being what happens when Dexter fucks Gossip Girl and a baby show is born from this unholy union is 10000% the appeal for me.

S2 made a pretty good dig at the show basically being Dexter, too. It's incredibly self aware of what it's doing and I appreciate this.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I watched John Mulaney and the Sack Lunch Bunch and it's weird, I can recognize that it's good but I just didn't enjoy most of it. The format and all the kids just didn't work for me. It's one of those things I can tell people I wholeheartedly recommend but did not, myself, enjoy.

I really just want another Mulaney standup special. Or more Oh, Hello.

Hakkesshu posted:

I did think it was weird that the bears didn't wear armour but eh who cares it's a minor point, the fight was good and the movie fight sucks rear end. It wa clear that Iorek did some bad poo poo to the other bear so there was no need to actually show it. The part where Roger gets severed was far more horrifying either way.

I just want to say not having watched either, these two posts back to back really confused me about his special

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Lurdiak posted:

*taps forehead*

If I can’t remember watching a show, then it was obviously not worth remembering and my brain is doing me a solid.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Escobarbarian posted:

my body is a cage was used in two season finales this year and it worked loving perfectly in both

This is also true for melancholy covers of "Take On Me"

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Stuck through to the end of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend S1, and so glad I did. I guess the beginning reminded me of this musical called Next To Normal, which I found really cringy, but CEG goes in a much better and healthier direction.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

If I can’t remember watching a show, then it was obviously not worth remembering and my brain is doing me a solid.

The only time I need to consult viewing history is if I need to remember if I watched a show in late december or early january for "top shows of the year" stuff, and even then I can just look up when it aired.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Well today was interesting. I watched episode one through eight of From The Earth To The Moon building this.

It's a pretty good show but being my first viewing it's a bit dated. Had I seen it before For All Mankind and the movie First Man I'm sure it would have been better. It felt a little too "feel good" with little drama or tension. Maybe because I know the history already (I'm a big old space dork) so I had spoilers in my brain. :shrug:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Noice.

Croatoan posted:

Well today was interesting. I watched episode one through eight of From The Earth To The Moon building this.

It's a pretty good show but being my first viewing it's a bit dated. Had I seen it before For All Mankind and the movie First Man I'm sure it would have been better. It felt a little too "feel good" with little drama or tension. Maybe because I know the history already (I'm a big old space dork) so I had spoilers in my brain. :shrug:

Also recently did this for the first time and I thought it was a beautiful time capsule. Having seen the aforementioned films first, as well, I loved going back to what was an obvious influence on not only those, but many other films and genres. The episode 1969 sticks out in particular for mirroring our current time as well as being a bizarre cocktail of relentless, pre-9/11 optimism blended with apocalyptic societal change.

Cool Saturn V...pics of the finished one?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Cool Saturn V...pics of the finished one?

Sure! For reference my boy is 4'7"

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jan 1, 2020

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
CNN's NYE live special is always fun but Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen are being funny and ridiculous as gently caress talking about COCKS and TAINTS and Brooke Baldwin looks like she's having a hell of a good time drinking and dancing

e: what happened to Kathy Griffin?? wasn't she usually a big part of this

lol Andy asked Shaq "how big are you"

isaboo fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jan 1, 2020

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

pahuyuth posted:

e: what happened to Kathy Griffin??

A question that gets asked less and less every year.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Kathy Griffin is bae

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I really enjoyed the new Mulaney special, I was also born within 6 months of Mulaney so I am sure that has some effect.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Happy New Year TVIV!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yay 4pm on NYD, time to put rum in my tea.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

A question that gets asked less and less every year.

Someone in another thread linked a video for a previous new year special where a guy heckled her and she said he should leave her alone because she doesn’t go down to where he works and slap the dicks out of his mouth. I know nothing about her except that she wasn’t Beth on News Radio and have never seen her in anything as far as I know, but that was great.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's an old joke, We trades people use it quite often. First time i heard it was from an electrician talking to a carpenter years and years ago

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Why am I the only one that seems to think The Mandalorian is only so so at best? They all use pitch level talking points about small star wars and how awesome it is to see the non-hero stuff. But the writing is just really mediocre and can be cringeworthy at times. And the acting is only ok.

Am I dumb? I'm probably dumb.

edit: The score is loving ace though and the visuals are good.

BonoMan fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jan 1, 2020

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyone else going to take the shot? i feel like it's unsporting at this distance.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BonoMan posted:

Why am I the only one that seems to think The Mandalorian is only so so at best? They all use pitch level talking points about small star wars and how awesome it is to see the non-hero stuff. But the writing is just really mediocre and can be cringeworthy at times. And the acting is only ok.

Am I dumb? I'm probably dumb.

edit: The score is loving ace though and the visuals are good.

Because it's just that. It's perfectly fine and okay.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Eps 1 - 3 were good. 4, 5 and 6 cheesy. 7 and 8 p good.

The armorer is dumb and cheesy as gently caress. So is the "This is the Way" crap. And they hang out in the sewer and are hilariously not found?

The twi and devil dude were dumb and the acting was poor. Although one good thing from The Prisoner was it reminded me I needed to go catch back up on Patriot I guess.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I haven't watched it and probably won't but I like baby yoda

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Because it's just that. It's perfectly fine and okay.

I'd say more underwhelming than perfectly fine. But it is only season 1 so I expect things will improve.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Also lol at the first thing I did this new decade was post about the goddamn Mandalorian.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's a good show but I dont know how many more catchphrases they can mine out of it.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
What is this bacchanal space when the 2019 thread is dated but the 2020 thread has not yet started...

:gooncamp:
Happy New Year, TV Friends!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

What is this bacchanal space when the 2019 thread is dated but the 2020 thread has not yet started...

:gooncamp:
Happy New Year, TV Friends!
Happy New Year! :wink:

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Happy New Year humans.

Anything good and new coming next year? Any shows people excited for.

Can't think of anything except the final season of SHIELD...

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jan 1, 2020

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’m cautiously optimistic about Picard and have honestly no idea what to expect from Discovery season 3. I think the final season of Glow should air this year? Clone Wars comes back in February and should be solid. Supposedly Mandalorian season 2 will air in the fall. Doctor Who comes back soon.

I have a passing interest in that Hugh Laurie space show on HBO but I know nothing about it aside from the trailer that played in front of Watchmen. I guess it’s also possible The Expanse season 5 could drop late in the year. :shrug:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

esperterra posted:

Kathy Griffin is bae

gently caress whoever was offended by her Trump severed head picture. Just gently caress 'em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
New thread?