Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
The infodump will have to wait a bit for me to read the LN and manga again to get everything down again so I'll just do a brief of the changes.

Episode 14

* The part where Rimuru bitch smacks Gelmud is from the LN. In the manga it was he ogres. The anime also ommits the part where Rimuru pelts him with a water balloon made of snake and centipede poison causing horrid pain akin to a mustard gassing or Agent Orange.

* After being hit by the barrage of attacks by Benimaru and Ranga, the Ord Disaster is either missing an arm or ate it off to fuel his regen.

* Seeing the sheer effectiveness of his subordinates attacks makes Rimuru contemplate the ineffectiveness of his attacks. Yes they're powerful, but everyone else has trained them to significantly superior form than he has. He's "Unskllied, But Strong" where as they are Skilled AND Strong though not quite as strong as him. This causes Rimuru to train harder especially his swordsmanship.

* When he goes into Auto-mode, Hakuro comments on the finesse, skill, and control that Rimuru is displaying.

* The battle between Rimuru and Orc Disaster is much more tense in the LN where Rimuru DOES have an advantage, but it's such slight one that a single gently caress up on his part and things would have gone COMPLETELY different.

* Everything else was close enough that I'll leave it for the infodump.

Episode 15

* With the effects of Starved gone, the orcs are suffering famine again and slowly withering and dying.

* The food problem is solved by Treyni who supplies dried ambrosia from the treants that has the effect of keeping you fed for several weeks on just one fruit until the living situation.

* The Orcs get named based on the Location they'll live in, their gender, and a number.

* Great Sage has made adjustments from the previous naming rallies so the magicule measurements are much better this time and Rimuru is able to recycle the residual magicules from the Starved effect so he basically names all of the orcs at no cost to himself.

* The exceptions are the Orc Lords Elite Guard who have the most residual mana and the last General whom names Geld. The Orcs are the Yellow Numbers and they costed little to name since he was still using some of the Starved effect mana, but he needed to add a bit of his own. Geld was all him.

* Old Geld was an Orc Lord which would be akin to the Evil spectrum of the evolution and is driven by hunger and is mindless. New Geld is an Orc King and would be akin to the Good spectrum of the evolution and keeps his mental faculties intact. They also have different Unique Skills. Orc Lord has Starved and Orc King has Gourmet.

* The surviving goblins are named and added as the Green Numbers.

Everything else I'll need to do later as it's from LN 3 and I'll need to read it over again to do a more comprehensive piece and some things may actually be done in the next episode since there were a few changes in order here which threw me for a loop there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

I think my biggest bummer is how rushed the anime treatment of the town building was. I know that's the "boring" part and I dunno how you'd make it fun in an anime without slowing down the pace more than is warranted with the seasons length, but man, I really love how much time goes into talking about the planning and stuff. it got so glossed over in the show... so I'm really glad I opted to read the LN, haha. though I guess I wouldn't have known I was missing out, huh?!

it just felt like Gazel showed up wayyy too fast somehow.

stoked to see a glance at charybdis in the new ED.

Thanks again for the comparison posts, doomrider, it's fun to keep track of.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

A Tin Of Beans posted:

I think my biggest bummer is how rushed the anime treatment of the town building was. I know that's the "boring" part and I dunno how you'd make it fun in an anime without slowing down the pace more than is warranted with the seasons length, but man, I really love how much time goes into talking about the planning and stuff. it got so glossed over in the show... so I'm really glad I opted to read the LN, haha. though I guess I wouldn't have known I was missing out, huh?!

it just felt like Gazel showed up wayyy too fast somehow.

stoked to see a glance at charybdis in the new ED.

Thanks again for the comparison posts, doomrider, it's fun to keep track of.
Yeah, huge bummer those things got glossed over. Some of the naming things did too.

They also skipped the part where the Lizardmen join, though I'm curious if that'll make it to he next episode.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Skipped everyone telling Gazel he was being kind of a rude dick to their representative.

But I'm not a big fan of the dwarf king for some reason. Can't put my finger on why though.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Found Raws of the Slime Diaries Spin-off. Good GOD is it loving wholesome and cute fluffy stuff that I hope gets made into OVA's since it fleshes out so much of the supporting cast and without spoiling stuff that would be 2nd season for the anime.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Someone asked about the naming of the orcs, goblins, and lizard people on the other thread so here's an answer to that one.

He named ALL of the orcs according to their gender, living location and a number. The Orc Lords Vanguard he named the Yellow Numbers. The Lizardmen he only named the leader. It's out of order and will likely be shown later, but Gabil and his sister along with 100 Lizardmen join Rimuru and get named. The goblins that joined Gabil turned asking to join their tribe and get named the Green Numbers. Not counting the scattered orc tribes, this brings the population of Rimuru's little village up to about...15 thousand or so.

ViggyNash posted:

This reminds me of Kazuma creating a kotatsu in Konosuba as a poc for making a business out of bringing modern Japanese tech to the fantasy world.

Rimuru is already using his contractor background to build his city so I can totally see him developing a lot of modern infrastructure and other nations being in awe/jealous of it.

This is basically what he does. He starts introducing tech, food, construction, and even holidays from his old world to this new one. I REALLY hope that they do some stuff from the Slime Diaries Spin-off which does a LOT to flesh out the supporting cast.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jan 17, 2019

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-01-12/japanese-comic-ranking-december-31-january-6/.141991

It's an old piece of news, but God drat. Slime is in ten different spots in the Top 50 for the week. Mind you Volume 10 is the latest released volume and 9 was from last year yet it sold enough to make it back in at the 27th spot. That's a REALLY good sign.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

doomrider7 posted:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-01-12/japanese-comic-ranking-december-31-january-6/.141991

It's an old piece of news, but God drat. Slime is in ten different spots in the Top 50 for the week. Mind you Volume 10 is the latest released volume and 9 was from last year yet it sold enough to make it back in at the 27th spot. That's a REALLY good sign.

Nice! That's doing really well. That's basically a guarantee of more anime eventually, I think. Ahh, I'm glad the LNs are so popular, because they're such a delight. (Now if only the official translators could work a little faster ... nah, I don't want them to rush, I just want more!)

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Nice! That's doing really well. That's basically a guarantee of more anime eventually, I think. Ahh, I'm glad the LNs are so popular, because they're such a delight. (Now if only the official translators could work a little faster ... nah, I don't want them to rush, I just want more!)

Checked the following week and it got ousted which REALLY bummed me out though lol. Promised Neverland and Quintuplets started kicking in which I'm not mad about and the volumes had a good run in there so we'll see what the next week offers. And yeah, the LN's are great. I'll post a link to the Slime Diary raws later on. That spin-off is amazing and it fleshes out a lot of the cast especially the background supporting cast.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I started reading the manga from the current anime episode and

it's good

took me an hour or so to get current

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Beasteh posted:

I started reading the manga from the current anime episode and

it's good

took me an hour or so to get current

man i really need to read more of the manga, i just haven't had the money to blow on a ton of volumes just after the holidays + getting the LNs. i really like the art style, it's nice!

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

A Tin Of Beans posted:

man i really need to read more of the manga, i just haven't had the money to blow on a ton of volumes just after the holidays + getting the LNs. i really like the art style, it's nice!

I love how both the manga and LN have different art styles yet both fit perfectly. Mitz Vah the LN artist and character concept creator has such an amazingly nice looking style. It's so...nostalgic for some reason. And I don't just mean the LN, that poo poo straight up reminds me of loving Slayers which is a HUGE like of mine. But something about his original art pieces on his pixiv just has thus nostalgic look and feel that I like so much yet can't place. Kawakami, the artist for the manga just loving kills it and his art is PERFECT for fantasy. I'd love to see him have a crack at a new Slayers manga if the new LN revives that series or even a new Lodoss/Grancrest thing.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jan 18, 2019

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Went on the Pixiv for the LN Illustrator Mitz Vah. Was not disappointed.

Phantom Troupe from HxH
https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=23230583

Original work
https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=62928696

I love how all of his artwork has this glorious grungy, grimy, 90's punk garage look to it all. I don't care what it is, I loving wanna see him make SOMETHING. A manga, an anime, a game...Something.

Edit: OK. Links should HOPEFULLY work now. The man REALLY loves him some punk and alt era British rock stuff. Would loving LOVE to see a collab between him and the Gorillaz

Time For A Little of the Old, Ultra Violence
https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=3136422

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jan 20, 2019

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

A Tin Of Beans posted:

I don't think this is usually the case; from what I understand, anime LN/WN adaptations usually have the primary goal of advertising the LN. Re:Zero is a good example of a very popular LN anime adaptation that will likely never see an animated continuation (because the anime isn't the money-maker).

It's definitely a shame (especially since Re: Zero's next arc has some stuff that would be great animated).

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Ytlaya posted:

I don't think this is usually the case; from what I understand, anime LN/WN adaptations usually have the primary goal of advertising the LN. Re:Zero is a good example of a very popular LN anime adaptation that will likely never see an animated continuation (because the anime isn't the money-maker).

It's definitely a shame (especially since Re: Zero's next arc has some stuff that would be great animated).

This situation is VERY unique. The LN is published by a small publishing company called Micro Magazine on their GC imprint line and the full owner is the author Fuse. The Manga(Main and the spinoffs) is done by Kodansha. The line of production backing is Lantis/Bandai Namco Arts, Kodansha, and then Micro Magazine with a few others afterwards. The anime isn't the money maker per se, but it serves as REALLY good advertisement for the stuff that IS or in this case ARE. My guy from the Reddit says that they've inked deals with several major companies ranging from clothing, apparel, figures, insurance, wine/beer, and several other products. Think something like One Piece lite ion that you see the characters used to advertise LOTS of products. Think that, but scaled down if you will. Everyone involved is gonna want to keep that train going and more anime equals more awareness across the board. It is of course not 100%, but there's a VERY high chance if the "Good Times Rolling" for a while.

Edit: What makes the situation so unique is that normally it would be one of the main works publishers being the primary producers, but in this case it was an uninvolved 3rd party who was just that big of a fan so Kodansha and Micro Magazine are getting an adaption that's making them MILLIONS and they barely have to foot a 3rd of the bill. No way they're letting an opportunity THAT good slide.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jan 20, 2019

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Still working on that write-up since the episode order of stuff vs LN and Manga is REALLY tricky, but I'll post it when I actually have the stuff ready.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Ok. Gonna do some bits and pieces explanations of some things from today's episode. Will mark with spoiler tags though nothing is really that spoilery at all if you've read the source material.

EponymousMrYar posted:

Pants are not comfy.
Shorts are like pants.

When you can end continents at a whim, every day is casual tuesday. Or super-casual tueday. Or super-duper-ice-cream-with-a-cherry-on-top tuesday if you really want it to be. Who's gonna stop you?

This is pretty much Milim in a nutshell and why she's bored and in Tempest at all. She REALLY did not care about the Orc Lord plan except as an excuse to pass the time. She is VERY MUCH one of the strongest Demon Lords in existence PERIOD and generally does as she pleases with no one to really tell her otherwise. I'll go into more detail about her much later on. Probably End of Season since a few things might get explained by then.

Electric Phantasm posted:

I know what I'm saying is Rimuru met this bee already, but they decided not to show it.

Electric Phantasm posted:

This anime keeps getting more adorable. Although it's real hosed up to tease that Rimuru met an adorable bee that carries around a bucket instead of showing it.

Also I want a Gabiru spin off.

Also also

I really hope they show that scene where he meets the bee since it was added to the LN to fix some plot issues from the WN.

About the spinoff...

https://rawqq.com/manga-utate-sura-nikki-tensei-shitara-slime-datta-ken-raw.html

The first three chapters have been translated and...you can actually read the bulk of this and not be really that spoilered even if you've largely been following the anime. If you've read up to LN 3 and Manga volume 8 then there's nothing you don't know about already.

Gyges posted:

I wonder how many insects and worms and stuff Rimuru ate when he was just rolling around eating everything he could in the cave. Maybe he rolled over a bee hive or two then.

Ain't nothing like Raw Demon Bee Honey, Tempest City's top roadside seller.

Pretty much none. Veldora's sheer aura was so powerful that anything it didn't vaporize or suffocate, it GREATLY buffed up hence the monsters, healing herbs, and magisteel ore. Any monster that's ranked below C would just choke to death on the sheer mana he gives off and anything below C+ would be like if you were at VERY high altitude. Wont kill you, but it's not gonna be comfortable. Also regular bee honey is quite venomous and even after being refined it's particularly good. Rimuru and the bee work on to fix this.

OnimaruXLR posted:

I kind of got the impression from her that she might be a child that ended up being reincarnated in this world and just... never grew up, mentally, but I guess that's not the case

Which actually makes her kind of unique, then, since we have a lot of characters but none of them were idiot children, that classic anime staple, until now

She's...Complicated. Like she's not dumb by any measure and is actually VERY cunning and smart able to perform a gordian knot that might get revealed later on and even manages to con Rimuru at a later point. But she basically IS a child in terms of behavior and attitude.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jan 22, 2019

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
The change in order of some of the events and the more rushed pacing has hosed me over in making the write-ups. So instead, for those interested I can forward you guys a link to the LN's. You will need Adobe Read or any choice Epub reader for these(Adobe Digital Editions is my recommendation here). I'll leave the links in a follow up message if there's any interest.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
You do realize that's :filez: right?

You really need to chill a bit.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Mordaedil posted:

You do realize that's :filez: right?

You really need to chill a bit.

Not sure what the emoji means. It was more of a post to share a source for the manga or LN I recently found if it's ok within the rules(it's a scan site anyway) to do so. That and more people reading the manga and LN(not the WN, that's RADICALLY different at this point)would be great.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It means illegal file sharing, which is verboten on these boards.

You can buy slime legally via places like bookwalker or simply buy hardprints online, so suggesting scansites and the like is a no-no.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

If there's an official release, please support it.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Both are available in English officially.

The manga is licensed by Kodansha US, and the available volumes are even 50% off until the 28th.

The LN is licensed by Yen Press.

Please support them if you're interested, even (especially) if you've already read the fan stuff.

Onean fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jan 26, 2019

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Scene from one of the spin-offs.

Even in a fantasy world there will be girls who yaoi.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/...es_tile_index_1

Humble Bundle from Kodansha that has the following tiers,

$1
Drifting Dragons(1-3)

$8
Land of the Lustrous(1-5), Clockwork Planet(1-5), Flying Witch(1-4)

$15
Cells at Work(1-4), Heavens Design Team(1-2), Fire Force(anime soon, 1-10), Pumpkin Scissors(1-15)

$18
Norigami(1-6), I'm Standing on a Million Lives(1-4), Altair: Record of Battles(1-8)

$20
Reincarnated as a Slime(1-4), To Your Eternity(1-7), Mushishi(1-10), Battle Angel Alita(1-3)

Even on Sale Slime retails for $6 and some change so this is a REALLY good deal.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
New Chapter!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/534396

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Check out @gcnovels’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/gcnovels/status/1095201407710326784?s=09

Bookwalker Grand Prize in both LN and Manga categories.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Looks like the next anime ep will be the introduction of yuuki, which we know is the big bad. Let's see if the anime only people will catch on to that heh.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

e: Spoiler tagged. :cmon:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Feb 12, 2019

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Thought it would be fine for the LN and others thread. I should have known i guess, manga is not at that point yet. Oopsie.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Captain_duck posted:

Thought it would be fine for the LN and others thread. I should have known i guess, manga is not at that point yet. Oopsie.

Author changed that it seems. Author has changed A LOT. Still spoiler though.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Why are they rushing anyway? At this rate they're going to pass the manga by the end of the season. If they just took it nice and slow they still could have made it through Milim's intro before the end of the season.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Gyges posted:

Why are they rushing anyway? At this rate they're going to pass the manga by the end of the season. If they just took it nice and slow they still could have made it through Milim's intro before the end of the season.

Probably to get to some things shown in the first intro to the show way back when. Which is stuff past the Manga AFAIK.

If that stuff didn't show up in the show then it'd be like 'who the heck is this character, this doesn't even happen what is even going on' which hasn't been consistent for the presentation of the OP's.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
They've planned on doing this the whole time, otherwise they would have made the OP different. They might have wanted to accelerate because getting to the later stuff means more action, which is usually a safer bet on sales. I really don't think it was the right call, but it's what we're stuck with. Hopefully people keep picking up the manga/LN stuff, because at this rate they're missing so much. :smith:

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Onean posted:

They've planned on doing this the whole time, otherwise they would have made the OP different. They might have wanted to accelerate because getting to the later stuff means more action, which is usually a safer bet on sales. I really don't think it was the right call, but it's what we're stuck with. Hopefully people keep picking up the manga/LN stuff, because at this rate they're missing so much. :smith:

Probably this with a healthy dose of merch sales. Milan's figurine is all but guaranteed to sell crazy well. Same can be said for the fairy character that will be introduced soon. But yeah, a LOT of world and character building SoL stuff is getting skipped including some amazing and hilarious scenes(best ones with Shion and Shuna). One can only hope they do this stuff in OVA's and the such.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It's festival time for the town of Rimuru!

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Onean posted:

I don't think there's much to worry about with that. LN adaptations in the past decade are generally used as 1/2 cour advertisements for the source material. It's why we very rarely see any animated to conclusion like we used to (like with Toradora)

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Onean posted:

It's festival time for the town of Rimuru!

Yeah that's the spin-off I mean when I talk about fleshing out the support cast.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Novels, Manga Win Bookwalker 2018 Award

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-02-15/that-time-i-got-reincarnated-as-a-slime-novels-manga-win-bookwalker-2018-award/.143477

Update on how Slime is doing in Japan

https://www.reddit.com/r/TenseiSlime/comments/ar55sy/update_on_how_the_series_is_doing_in_japan/?st=js7lsa00&sh=85437e25

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Wow, they're really flying through the anime. Now their even skipping fairly important information, like Rimuru becoming an official adventurer and learning demon summoning.(The Demon Lord Council stuff isn't really important until Walpurgis) It looks like they're actually trying to get to Rimuru becoming RAGE by the end of the season.

Will they also gloss over the torture and body horror?

e: Just making sure everything is accounted for.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Feb 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Gyges posted:

Wow, they're really flying through the anime. Now their even skipping fairly important information, like Rimuru becoming an official adventurer and learning demon summoning.(The Demon Lord Council stuff isn't really important until Walpurgis) It looks like they're actually trying to get to Rimuru becoming RAGE by the end of the season.

Will they also gloss over the torture and body horror?

e: Just making sure everything is accounted for.

God I hope they don't get that far. That poo poo NEEDS to be done right especially since it's changed in the LN.