Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
These changes make a lot of sense from a production perspective, as going to episode 26, there's a limited amount of stuff they could cover and have it be satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Mordaedil posted:

These changes make a lot of sense from a production perspective, as going to episode 26, there's a limited amount of stuff they could cover and have it be satisfying.

Very true. And all of the cut stuff CAN(and SHOULD) be added later via OVA's and the such as background stuff.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Can and will be added to an extensive OVA backlog you mean.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Grouchio posted:

Can and will be added to an extensive OVA backlog you mean.
IT GOOD GODDAMN WELL BETTER!!!

Was in the process of typing out everything that got skipped and it's so loving much it's incredible. Like WTF?!! We're talking an entire manga volume and close to half of an LN volume with some other bits having gotten trimmed as well.

Edit: I'm assuming you're up to date on the manga and LN right?

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Feb 19, 2019

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Whole bunch of stuff got skipped and or trimmed down so I'll answer any questions people have.

*Dwarf Kings Visit

*Demon Lord Meeting

*Milim Nava

*Demon Lord's

*Rimuru's Science Team

*Mercenary Knight Yohm

*Guildmaster Fuse

*The Three Adventurers

*Charybdis

*Beast Kingdom of Eurazania

*Visit to Dwargon

*Traveling to Blumund

*Guild Examination

*Wheeling and Dealing in Blumund

*Kingdom of Ingracia

Feel free to ask me anything.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

doomrider7 posted:

Agree on all counts. I know what's going now. The bulk of the committee is apparently Kodanshas people so they seem to want to catch up to manga and end the anime on a major cliffhanger hoping that people that het impatient will continue in the manga. Recent release of the manga seems to confirm this.
With regards to that, I hope they end the season with the retaliatory harvest and end it right there.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Grouchio posted:

With regards to that, I hope they end the season with the retaliatory harvest and end it right there.

God no. That's rushing WAY too much. That's something they're gonna leave for the eventual S2.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
New chapters of Slime have dropped and been translated.

Shits gonna get REALLY big and fun now soon. :)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

doomrider7 posted:

New chapters of Slime have dropped and been translated.

Shits gonna get REALLY big and fun now soon. :)
Here's to hoping the end of 54 shows up next episode or so.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
https://rawqq.com/manga-utate-sura-nikki-tensei-shitara-slime-datta-ken-raw.html

Slime Diaries Spinoff

It's all RAW's though. Nothing in here is spoiler if you've read the manga or LN up to where they are now or watched the anime either since it takes place BEFORE the current arc.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So Doomrider what are the main differences between the WN and LN in Volume 5? I've read half of the WN version.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Grouchio posted:

So Doomrider what are the main differences between the WN and LN in Volume 5? I've read half of the WN version.

There was a list with all of the changes that was METRIC gently caress TONS of spoilers, by I can't find it and REALLY don't want to remember the stuff I read there, suffice to say about LN5, it's been greatly improved from what I've seen of the raws I have.

The size of the invading army is apparently much larger and Geld, Benimaru, and Hakuro take the field along side Rimuru, the initial attack on Tempest where people got killed is fleshed out, the attack was actually carried out by otherworlder who are members of secret underground organization, Diablo gets a fight, and the attack on Eurazania gets more fleshed out as well.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Benimaru's facial markings.

https://twitter.com/FQQjyg3KKfkecmX/status/1114036142926491649?s=20

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
New Slime spin-off called Trinity about a beastkin girls travels through tempest during the Eurazania and Tempest exchange.

http://isekairaw.com/manga/tensei-shitara-slime-datta-ken-ibun-makoku-kurashi-no-trinity/

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Has that been translated yet? Did a quick google but found nothing.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Captain_duck posted:

Has that been translated yet? Did a quick google but found nothing.

Sadly no. The main series only recently got picked up again. All three mainline spinoffs have been having issues getting picked up by snalating groups which is a damned shame since they do a lot of world building(ironically the Bunny Girl one has a group, but that one is spoiler as all gently caress). There's a team on the Discord doing some work, but it's something else. I can ask if they'll pick it up.

the moose
Nov 7, 2009

Type: Electric Swing
So I just finished up the anime and need more of my new favorite slime. Should I read the manga or LN or is either one good?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
LN has more background and detail crunch.

Manga has visuals and a better story flow.

Pick your preference!

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

EponymousMrYar posted:

LN has more background and detail crunch.

Manga has visuals and a better story flow.

Pick your preference!

This. Honestly I say do both, but slight tilt towards the LN do to being more detailed of the two and the next translated one comes out this Tuesday and it's... Good. Like it's one of the most iconic moments in the series.

Edit: Forgot to mention, there are now about 5 or 6 spinoffs. Three of them are mainline, that is to say they're part of the main story and expand upon the world and the characters, and the remaining are gag spinoffs that have nothing to do with the main series(the wage slave one is hilarious thought).

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Apr 21, 2019

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
LN5 is out in your preferred outlet of choice. Go out and buy it. It's very good.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

doomrider7 posted:

LN5 is out in your preferred outlet of choice. Go out and buy it. It's very good.

I just binged through the entire thing yesterday and now I'm going to be dying waiting for the next one

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Tibbeh posted:

I just binged through the entire thing yesterday and now I'm going to be dying waiting for the next one

It was great. There were a few bits that were translated wrong though, but it's forgiveable.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I thought it was good, but with one big problem: The first third really should have been in the last volume, interweaving the three different events as they happened. That way there wouldn't have been the need to rewind a couple weeks twice in order to set things up while the huge cliffhanger from volume 4 sat unresolved. (This was a bit less of an issue in Japan since there was only one month between volumes 4 and 5 instead of the four we had.) It almost made me skip half a chapter and I never do that.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Onean posted:

I thought it was good, but with one big problem: The first third really should have been in the last volume, interweaving the three different events as they happened. That way there wouldn't have been the need to rewind a couple weeks twice in order to set things up while the huge cliffhanger from volume 4 sat unresolved. (This was a bit less of an issue in Japan since there was only one month between volumes 4 and 5 instead of the four we had.) It almost made me skip half a chapter and I never do that.

Can't disagree. They definetly extended and fleshed out a lot of the events involved there though which was very welcome. Ditto for giving everyone their own fight.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
https://mangadex.org/title/31183/tensura-nikki-tensei-shitara-slime-datta-ken
Slime Diaries 7 is up!
Really nice with a tinge of melancholy to it.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
LN5 has been out for while now, ditto for the fan translation of LN6 for those interested. There have also been more regular updates for the Manga and its spinoffs.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Speaking of, Slime Dairies 8 is out.
The power of scones!

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Huzzah! posted:

Speaking of, Slime Dairies 8 is out.
The power of scones!

I really liked this chapter. Loved how Shizu observes Rimuru and finds peace that everyone is doing well. Also the Bunny outfit never gets old.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Am reading over LN6 and I still love the clandestine poo poo Rimuru and Co do along with the military stuff.

Very minor spoiler, but just in case.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Chapter 58 raw.

https://youtu.be/JMiOvFQmi7Q

LN 6 translation is out for those who have joined the Discord server or know web-fu and LN7 will be out soon.

Tanon
Mar 14, 2011

I has a hat..

doomrider7 posted:

Chapter 58 raw.

https://youtu.be/JMiOvFQmi7Q

LN 6 translation is out for those who have joined the Discord server or know web-fu and LN7 will be out soon.

Which Discord?

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Tanon posted:

Which Discord?

The one for the series. One sec while I get the link.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Done.

https://discord.gg/43s7fV6

Join, Ask, and Receive.

Tanon
Mar 14, 2011

I has a hat..

doomrider7 posted:

Done.

https://discord.gg/43s7fV6

Join, Ask, and Receive.

Thank you, goon sir.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
New Chapter of Wholesome Diaries of an OP Slime

https://mangadex.org/title/31183/tensura-nikki-tensei-shitara-slime-datta-ken

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Goddamnit Ranga

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Not his fault. Milim used Uber Petting skills. No Gud Boi no matter how loyal can resist.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
https://www.reddit.com/r/TenseiSlim...tm_source=share

#7 in manga sales at around 2.5 million

#1 in LN sales at around 610k

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
LN7 Fan Translation dropped for those who know where to find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Reading through the LNs and once again I'm wondering, when the composition of the Tempest army comes up, where did all these new ogres come from? I know it mentions wild ogres but it also mentions kids from the ogre village. I thought they were essentially eradicated except for Benimaru's group, and now there's 300 more of them.