Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No Mods No Masters posted:

Here we go again *bowels begin to rumble up a big wet star wars 8 post*

:itwaspoo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
glad a new thread is up, op. my heart broke a little when i saw the old one locked

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
I really liked Skyline (the film), I thought it was kind of clever. I have never met anyone who shared this opinion though

Skyline (the restaurant) sucks rear end

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

Zippy the Bummer posted:

I really liked Skyline (the film), I thought it was kind of clever. I have never met anyone who shared this opinion though

You have to load it with more cheese. MORE CHEESE!!!

This goes for both the movie and the restaurant

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Blood Sally posted:

glad a new thread is up, op. my heart broke a little when i saw the old one locked

Thanks! I was a lil worried since I had decided to be lazy and not try and confirm with the mods or anything whether there were pre-existing plans.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx9biPN6uRE

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

reignofevil what is up with the thread icon how am I supposed to find it CMON!!

Bookmarks and the user control panel you loving philistine! It's 2019 for gently caress's sake!

cornlog posted:

Riffin with Griffin 11 has Bobby and Steve Lee talking about movies including Star Wars.
https://youtu.be/EIMoo9XwiKw

This man has bigger titties than mike

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Zippy the Bummer posted:

CineD’s much-maligned Front Page Reviews gave it a glowing review.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Happy new year NERDS

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

the old thread posted:

Lindsay does CD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGn9x4-Y_7A

Pretty solid plot twist 2/3rds of the way through this one.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

PostNouveau posted:

Pretty solid plot twist 2/3rds of the way through this one.

Yeah, definitely an interesting switch.

That said, as soon as a Vlogbrother touches your channel, it's time to stop donating to your Patreon. You're officially in the ad-supported stratosphere from that point on.

Also, didn't get to do this in the last thread before it closed, but I can't believe that PreRec only ended last year. It almost feels like it never happened.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
When a vlogbrother touches a channel, you unsubscribe from that channel.

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
I like John Green as a youtube science channel presenter, never read any of his books. His brother is boring.

edit: those 80s filters make Lindsay Ellis look hotter?

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

I don't know who vlogbrothers are, first thing that came to mind was Jake and Logan Paul.

What I do know is after the boring dude appeared in the video I lost my interest. Lindsay is cool, boring dudes are bad.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This is a vlogbrother:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es4t1WBJKqA

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

A new RLM thread for 2019, a chance to post again in a new golden thread of opportunity.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

lobsterminator posted:

I don't know who vlogbrothers are, first thing that came to mind was Jake and Logan Paul.

I mean, kinda. They're basically the channel for the opposite side of the same demo the Pauls are hitting. But they also got started early enough in Youtube history to get in on the ground floor of a lot of things (like starting the first con focused on Youtube, which is now a stupid-big deal). Plus, Youtube itself considers them a positive example of the platform's content, so the platform promotes them pretty hard.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

As a liberal I can't even look myself in the mirror until the black former-space-nazi cums on the white lady's face.

Love the new name :clint:

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 07:01 on May 23, 2019

Kraanerg
Aug 17, 2013
I’ve watched a combined total of twenty seconds of both Lindsey and Jenny and I don’t get what everyone itt likes about them.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

I think we should get this out of the way early on:

Good YouTube tier: RLM

Not really acceptable but Weirdos in this thread keep posting them tier: ralphie, Lindsay and the other one (Jenny???)

Unacceptable YouTube tier: anything else

In the film-review Youtube world:

Rich Tier:
-- RLM

Jay Tier:
-- Lindsay Ellis - Seems to be doing more film history/explaining-types-of-film-critique stuff now than actual criticism of recent movies.
-- Dan Olsen - The man Mike Stoklasa would be if he was Canadian and got an MFA in film instead of going into video production.

Jack Tier:
-- Jenny Nicholson - Funny and insightful, but also a girly-girl covering girly pop culture stuff and for some reason certain posters seem to get weirdly upset about the fact that she exists. So expect some flames to erupt every time she gets brought up.
-- Ralphie - Isn't he, like, 15 years old?
-- Kyle Kallgren (Brows Held High) - Did you know... if you speak softly... and change the pitch in the very last word in your sentence... followed by a long pause... you, too, can sound smart?

Josh Tier:
-- MovieBob - Really knowledgeable, but ever since Trump got elected he's convinced himself that he's fighting the alt-right with every Marvel movie review, and it's getting rough.
-- CinemaSins - Gets a lot of hate because they're really popular and have a strict formula, but also clearly having fun while still managing to put out more content than every other channel here combined. They're the late night monologue of movie youtube.

Max Landis/Outcast Tier:
-- Nostalgia Critic
-- Screen Junkies

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kraanerg posted:

I’ve watched a combined total of twenty seconds of both Lindsey and Jenny and I don’t get what everyone itt likes about them.

Me neither , any YouTube video where it's one person talking to a camera makes me want to die

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Me neither , any YouTube video where it's one person talking to a camera makes me want to die

You'd change your tune if it was an Instant Adoring Boyfriend video starring Mike.

Kraanerg
Aug 17, 2013

The 15 seconds of Lindsey that I watched felt like Nerd Crew bullshit but sincere and the 5 seconds of Jenny felt like that parody intro RLM did where they were in a utility closet with no lighting using in-camera audio. Like, seriously wtf is this poo poo?

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Kraanerg posted:

boobs

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Lindsey should write a blog instead of doing videos. Jenny should replace Josh.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

reignofevil posted:

My last movie of 2018 was spy kids.

Raiders of the Lost Ark. Still great.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i like bobs and vagehene and pennis and big balls

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
Does anyone know what the hell (flick) happened to Whattheflick! channel? They stop updating half year ago?

Also CinemaSin is funnier than Honest Trailer. Blow me.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Schweinhund posted:

:hmmyes:

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Schweinhund posted:

i see the horrible opinions have crept into the new thread

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
Jenny's extremely RLM adjacent. She's an ongoing BOTW of bad fanfiction, made-for-TV teen movies and unwise theme park attractions.

edit: AND ALL THE STAR WARS ANYONE COULD EVER WANT

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

tino posted:

Does anyone know what the hell (flick) happened to Whattheflick! channel? They stop updating half year ago?

Also CinemaSin is funnier than Honest Trailer. Blow me.

i've never seen honest trailer but i cannot imagine this is true.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
CinemaSin is just the most awful lowest common factor junk. It's arbitrary BS they pass off as "jokes". How else can they crank out that many videos. At least Honest trailers has to put some thought and effort to edit them into trailers along with some voice talent.

Lindsey is cool because she got drunk, broke her glasses fighting the police resulting in bondage and a sweet mug shot. Pointed out Michael Bay's 'No homo' underflows so much it becomes maximum homo unintentionally advocating for it.

Jenny is terrible because she is a shill, zero effort and cannot. finish. a. sentence. without. c u t t i n g. Even Josh can speak in complete sentences.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Zzulu posted:

i like bobs and vagehene and pennis and big balls

hell, same

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
She's zero effort because she uses a quick-cut style requiring significant effort to write, perform, assemble and edit?

I don't think you know how this works.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Often Abbreviated posted:

edit: AND ALL THE STAR WARS ANYONE COULD EVER WANT

None for me thanks

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

MovieBitches is where it's at anyway

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Often Abbreviated posted:

She's zero effort because she uses a quick-cut style requiring significant effort to write, perform, assemble and edit?

I don't think you know how this works.

Having to cover up incompetence by wasting time isn't effort. It's insulting to the word effort relative actual content and work the likes of RLM puts out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

oohhboy posted:

Having to cover up incompetence by wasting time isn't effort. It's insulting to the word effort relative actual content and work the likes of RLM puts out.

Time wasting? It's saving the audience' time by quick cutting from one point to the next, removing pauses, fumbles and downtime. RLM does the exact same thing, they don't need so much because there's multiple people having a conversation, so the downtime is less. You seem to want a longer video, with lots of extra pauses and moments where someone consults the pre-written script, is that right?