Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your resolution for the new year?
This poll is closed.
To play more games 54 12.68%
To play more games 52 12.21%
To play less games...sorry, I meant more games 70 16.43%
To play games more 79 18.54%
Something else (in addition to playing more games) 66 15.49%
To make more/less Bowsette references 105 24.65%
Total: 219 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

axelblaze posted:

I've been at Sundance all week so I haven't had a chance to keep up with the thread. I'll still try to have a new one up tonight though. So...thread title suggestions?

Sunless Skies came out today so something to do with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

mario bros, where they make luigi look like a normal person instead of a weirdo sex pervert

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

axelblaze posted:

I've been at Sundance all week so I haven't had a chance to keep up with the thread. I'll still try to have a new one up tonight though. So...thread title suggestions?

when you walk away, you don't hear me say... it's february

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

the TMS localization is kind of incredible for all it managed to do tbh

i get the feeling that atlus blindsided nintendo with what they chose to make out of that crossover

it looks cool though, would like to play it someday without buying a wii u, please make this possible

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Please port TMS to switch so IntSys remembers it exists and puts its characters into the mobile fe game

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Haha "anti-white violence". White poeple are the biggest babies and deserve everything that's coming to them, signed a white guy.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Relax Or DIE posted:

Whichever one they took the vagina bones out of

Try using more cuss words!!

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress poo poo *austin powers voice* yeah baby

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Haha "anti-white violence". White poeple are the biggest babies and deserve everything that's coming to them, signed a white guy.

Yeah like that's loving stupid already, but also they're upset that a white guy gets killed by the villains to show that they're crazy and violent, it's like an alt-right propaganda wet dream and they're still not happy.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

also next week is the release of Etrian Odyssey Nexus, which is the final EO game

i will miss the series because even at its worst (either 2 or untold 1?) it's still ridiculously addictive and fun as hell

my guess is that atlas will do a new series for Switch that is a spiritual successor to EO but with less emphasis on mapping due to the single screen

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

White people only want to see people of color in media when it's violence committed against POC.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

corn in the bible posted:

Yeah like that's loving stupid already, but also they're upset that a white guy gets killed by the villains to show that they're crazy and violent, it's like an alt-right propaganda wet dream and they're still not happy.

The alt-right dream story contains no non-white non-straight people to begin with. Women can exist in it as something to be ogled.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Please port TMS to switch so IntSys remembers it exists and puts its characters into the mobile fe game

really all it needs is animation skip functions and it's a good one-off project

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

The alt-right dream story contains no non-white non-straight people to begin with. Women can exist in it as something to be ogled.

It has admittedly been funny to watch all these people who pride themselves on being edgy and controversial reveal themselves to be the most easily offended people to have ever lived

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
What recent games have unique/interesting regular enemies?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Steam user base quickly zero'ed in on Ace Combat 7 and review bombed it into negative territory because it doesn't have HOTS support. I am surprised game devs still feel it's worth while to release games on PC.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Shadow of the colossus

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

The Steam user base quickly zero'ed in on Ace Combat 7 and review bombed it into negative territory because it doesn't have HOTS support. I am surprised game devs still feel it's worth while to release games on PC.

Too lazy to use joy to key

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Resident evil 2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I said come in! posted:

That feels fair for a game about flying planes

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hotas works on ps4 cause it just thinks its a ds4

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

especially since ac6 actually had a custom 360 joystick released so you could control it that way

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Steam has native DS4 support these days so does plugging that into your computer not work?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It should work but i highly doubt 99% of outrage steam reviewers own any joystick at all and are just doing it for fun

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So are people actually satisfied with KH3 after a 13 year wait

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Internet Kraken posted:

So are people actually satisfied with KH3 after a 13 year wait

Kh 1and 2 came out last year. Weird they're on the same disc. Crazy

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Forza Motorsport 7 is my 9th completed game of 2019.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

FH4 seemed really fun but I couldn't run it--hdd speed, I think, was the limiting factor. Or maybe RAM? Regardless, lots of stuttering :(

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I guess they're offering a $1 month for Origin Access Basic this week, which I guess is to get people to play the Anthem demo

I might do it, but not necessarily to play Anthem. it would be to play A Way Out, Fe, Unravel Two, Torment, and Ghost of a Tale, which are on there

singateco
Jan 28, 2013

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

homeless snail posted:

they should make a new dragon ball game, non-Z. just gotta ride around with bulma and collect the d balls
They've made a couple of these in the last decade, they were alright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPc85uVCo7A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEPFs7effe8

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

I guess they're offering a $1 month for Origin Access Basic this week, which I guess is to get people to play the Anthem demo

I might do it, but not necessarily to play Anthem. it would be to play A Way Out, Fe, Unravel Two, Torment, and Ghost of a Tale, which are on there

don't forget titanfall 2!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

In Training posted:

Steam has native DS4 support these days so does plugging that into your computer not work?

i think that when pc gamers say HOTAS they're talking literal big joystick you hook in and make pretend jet fighter noises. lots of people insist on using them for elite dangerous and that's a game explicitly designed so you can play it with a 360 or dualshock pad. and i guarantee every super genius mortgaging their houses for jpegs in star citizen owns one that costs more than my monthly rent. flight sim gamers are hosed up which is why when i was asking you guys about ace combat i was wondering how messed up and crunchy it was.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

corn in the bible posted:

don't forget titanfall 2!
Already beat that one, I'm not some johnny come lately!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

elite is good with one at least because if you're using a pad you have to go through all the menus to do the weirder stuff, where if you have a million buttons you can just bind everything. same with real flight sims like dcs or whatever, where you have to program your loving missiles targeting computers

for ace combat though? lol

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

considering this is the first ace combat game on the pc in like, a gajillion years, right? i bet you all the flight grognards are coming out of the woodwork and picking it up sight unseen too, just thinking it's a new flight sim

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So how do I get a job as a game writer where I get to just make poo poo up as I go along and everyone just accepts it?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

have you applied to kotaku yet

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Get a lot of followers and then someone desperate will hire you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

So how do I get a job as a game writer where I get to just make poo poo up as I go along and everyone just accepts it?

well, first you have to be a massive racist, and then you have to stream fortnite