Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your resolution for the new year?
This poll is closed.
To play more games 54 12.68%
To play more games 52 12.21%
To play less games...sorry, I meant more games 70 16.43%
To play games more 79 18.54%
Something else (in addition to playing more games) 66 15.49%
To make more/less Bowsette references 105 24.65%
Total: 219 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Infinitum posted:

Pretty hype for all of those on the list. (You forgot New Super Mario Bros Deluxe tho)

Would also pay good money for HD releases of Skyward Sword and a Mario All Stars 2 package of Mario Sunshine+Galaxy+Galaxy 2

aye good loving luck with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Why hasn't Parapa the Rappa ever gotten a PC port? Sony ain't done poo poo with it and I'd love to COOK THEM PATTIES while I roll my Katamari.

Also is Scrap Mechanic worth it?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Actually I'm gonna new year resolve to try to find a new video game series to fall in love with, like I fell in love with Atelier in 2019. When I'm not New Year's tipsy and tired cause it's late I'll write up an effortpost about my taste to look for suggestions

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Actually I'm gonna new year resolve to try to find a new video game series to fall in love with, like I fell in love with Atelier in 2019.

You work really fast

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Look I said in that post I'm tipsy and tired and I'm typo-riddled at the best of times you can't expect me to type numbers right

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Crabtree posted:

Why hasn't Parapa the Rappa ever gotten a PC port?
That would require fixing the timing issues the game has, they didn't even bother fixing it for the PS4 release.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

My New Year's resolution is to do more art and lose some weight
I am well ahead of schedule here.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Happy New Year fellow goons! :toot:

In 2019 I look forward to reaching 2008 games and getting to dig into the likes of GTA4, Fallout 3, Dead Space and Okami.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
It’s a new year and I haven’t mentioned it in a few months, but I’ve been adding all the game music that’s posted in these chat threads to a YouTube playlist. It’s sitting at about 650 songs and the last I checked it on a PC I think it had been viewed a couple hundred times.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLim8UfVI91wsrMXGGyO-JyqkfQzrAMxkR

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

tithin posted:

Which game should I buy from the steam sale, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, or Pillars of Eternity 2: deadfire.

Deadfire definitely it's amazing. Best IE style game.

Pathfinder is busted, poorly balanced and has kinda poo poo writing with an occasionally clunky translation.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

real hurthling posted:

Is stardock's game launcher the one literally named gamersgate?

Nope, they're a Sweden based digital games platform, and were extremely unhappy when GG came around.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Healbot posted:

Nope, they're a Sweden based digital games platform, and were extremely unhappy when GG came around.

That surprised me, their CEO is openly a gamergate supporter. That doesn't mean the rest of their company is, but the face of Stardock is a piece of poo poo.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i think they mean the gamersgate platform is swedish and hates gg. stardock is in chicago or michigan or something

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Whenever I see GG I think 'Good Game', and then it takes my brain a minute to realise what people are actually talking about

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Happy new year games thread. This year I have vowed to not buy any games with the exception of RE2 DLC (already pre ordered the deluxe edition), the Blood remaster and potentially the Timesplitters games if anything comes out of that THQ acquisition.

Games wise I am taking my xxth shot at trying to finish Baldies Gate II and just thought loving it why not put story mode on. Now I'm speeding through and actually enjoying myself! Also on the list is Dishonored 2 which recently got out in mega sale and had that terrible DRM removed.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

tithin posted:

Which game should I buy from the steam sale, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, or Pillars of Eternity 2: deadfire.

Look at Divinity Original Sin 2 as well. Have heard nothing but good things about it, and I wish I had the time commitment for it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Convex posted:

Happy new year games thread. This year I have vowed to not buy any games with the exception of RE2 DLC (already pre ordered the deluxe edition), the Blood remaster and potentially the Timesplitters games if anything comes out of that THQ acquisition.

Games wise I am taking my xxth shot at trying to finish Baldies Gate II and just thought loving it why not put story mode on. Now I'm speeding through and actually enjoying myself! Also on the list is Dishonored 2 which recently got out in mega sale and had that terrible DRM removed.

This is a good list of games to buy. If it makes you feel better about TimeSplitter, THQ owns the rights now to Red Faction, and Kingdom of Amular now and they have done things rather quickly with both IPs. I also miss TimeSplitters and want to play the 2nd game again on Xbox One.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ace Combat and RE!!!!!!!!! Great way to start the year

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Infinitum posted:

Whenever I see GG I think 'Good Game', and then it takes my brain a minute to realise what people are actually talking about

Personally I still don't get why everyone rags on those poor ants in Southern Thanalan.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

happy new year everyone, I hope this is the chat thread

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

McDragon posted:

happy new year everyone, I hope this is the chat thread

Thank you for replying to my sixth annual "Post here to receive nudes of my great-grandfather" thread! Your request will be processed shortly.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What enemy type has died the most throughout all playthroughs of all video games? Zombies or Nazis?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Really Pants posted:

Thank you for replying to my sixth annual "Post here to receive nudes of my great-grandfather" thread! Your request will be processed shortly.

I am still waiting, I get that it's the holidays but I am excited.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Jay Rust posted:

What enemy type has died the most throughout all playthroughs of all video games? Zombies or Nazis?

definitely nazis, wolfenstein has been going strong since 1981 :v:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Open Sorcery: Sea++ will be releasing sometime early this year probably so that's gonna be fun

https://store.steampowered.com/app/737050/Open_Sorcery_Sea/

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Jay Rust posted:

Other candidates:
Whatever enemy appears the most in Musou games.
Starcraft Zerglings (never underestimate the power of esports games for volume).
League of Legends creeps (same as above).

If I have to pick from your pair, I think Zombies win because they appear in Left for Dead 1 & 2 + Blops Zombies which gets you repetition through coop plus the Dead Rising series which gives you hordes of them. I think these kind of high volume situations overwhelm the sheer frequency of Nazis as enemies. Like, it’s an order of magnitude difference.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

:goonsay: I recognize all of these except the "dystopian document thriller." Papers, Please?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Really Pants posted:

:goonsay: I recognize all of these except the "dystopian document thriller." Papers, Please?

Yeah it's Papers, Please, that was a slogan for it iirc.

I dunno what the pirate game would be though since "a game about pirates" and being on steam is kinda vague compared to the rest.

e: oh right there is literally a video game called puzzle pirates. I didn't realize that was on steam lol whoops

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

zombies, which leads me to my next statement: we need to kill more nazis

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

Yeah it's Papers, Please, that was a slogan for it iirc.

I dunno what the pirate game would be though since "a game about pirates" and being on steam is kinda vague compared to the rest.

A puzzle game about pirates might be Puzzle Pirates, maybe :v:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Zombies are probably winning on the back of Minecraft alone

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
In honor of the new year, I am going to read through Junji Ito's Cat Diary, which is what I consider to be his best work.

It's so good, though idk how well it would work if someone who wasn't familiar with Junji Ito's works read it because part of what makes it so great is that it is just a simple short slice of life thing about when Junji Ito got 2 cats but he draws it and tells it in the same way he'd tell any of his other short stories so you've got this funny contrast between monstrous caricatures of himself and his wife but the horribly monstrous things they're doing when depicted like this are "wanting to pet the cat"

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

Neither. I'd wager the answer still is Goombas.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Look at Divinity Original Sin 2 as well. Have heard nothing but good things about it, and I wish I had the time commitment for it.

The combat can get extremely slow and time consuming, the enemy ai is pretty dumb, and the game as a whole is poorly balanced because the devs literally don't believe in balancing issues that are in the players favour.
It's pretty fun co-op, but I never got past the tutorial island before getting bored in singleplayer.

Kanfy posted:

Personally I still don't get why everyone rags on those poor ants in Southern Thanalan.

what game is this? I love ants and appreciate knowing that it's sexually active.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Nasgate posted:

The combat can get extremely slow and time consuming, the enemy ai is pretty dumb, and the game as a whole is poorly balanced because the devs literally don't believe in balancing issues that are in the players favour.
It's pretty fun co-op, but I never got past the tutorial island before getting bored in singleplayer.

Nah.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Having a billion options for different overpowered poo poo in a single player RPG is good

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Andrast posted:

Having a billion options for different overpowered poo poo in a single player RPG is good

Agreed. That's not really the case with D:OS 2 though. It's more like everything is okay because the ai is retarded, but there's a few overpowered options, especially with all the stats that do the exact same thing as eachother.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nasgate posted:

Agreed. That's not really the case with D:OS 2 though. It's more like everything is okay because the ai is retarded, but there's a few overpowered options, especially with all the stats that do the exact same thing as eachother.

I have no idea what game you played but it doesn't sound like OS2

(the AI is dumb though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hopper posted:

Neither. I'd wager the answer still is Goombas.

No way

Nasgate posted:

what game is this? I love ants and appreciate knowing that it's sexually active.

Final Fantasy XIV, it’s just a trash mob