Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your resolution for the new year?
This poll is closed.
To play more games 54 12.68%
To play more games 52 12.21%
To play less games...sorry, I meant more games 70 16.43%
To play games more 79 18.54%
Something else (in addition to playing more games) 66 15.49%
To make more/less Bowsette references 105 24.65%
Total: 219 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Final Fantasy XIV, it’s just a trash mob

Yeah but its raring to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Andrast posted:

I have no idea what game you played but it doesn't sound like OS2

(the AI is dumb though)

I played OS2 after Pillars of Eternity. So I was spoiled by an extremely well put together game. I would describe OS2 as an early access game worth no more than 15 bucks, 20 if you're starved for turn based RPGs. It's cool if others enjoyed it, I found a way to enjoy it too.

At the end of the day though, I'm not going to recommend a strategy game wherein multiple times the ai actively killed itself, and even more often took literally 2 minutes to eventually decide to pass its turn. Especially when the ending is not only Mass Effect 3 again, but your co-op partner(s) don't get to see it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nasgate posted:

I played OS2 after Pillars of Eternity. So I was spoiled by an extremely well put together game. I would describe OS2 as an early access game worth no more than 15 bucks, 20 if you're starved for turn based RPGs. It's cool if others enjoyed it, I found a way to enjoy it too.

At the end of the day though, I'm not going to recommend a strategy game wherein multiple times the ai actively killed itself, and even more often took literally 2 minutes to eventually decide to pass its turn. Especially when the ending is not only Mass Effect 3 again, but your co-op partner(s) don't get to see it.

:psyduck:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

quote:

What is the best game about balls dropping?

I didn't get a chance to answer this in the old thread but it's important enough for me to dredge it back up and say it's Peggle

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Jay Rust posted:

What enemy type has died the most throughout all playthroughs of all video games? Zombies or Nazis?

With the popularity of online multiplayer, it's actually gamers.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia5NJ4_Lpbk

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

No way

Final Fantasy XIV, it’s just a trash mob

That is no trash mob, that is a beautiful creature.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Kinda bad

thats um jammer lammy for you yeah

al-azad
May 28, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

thats um jammer lammy for you yeah

The worst opinions on page 1 and 3, abort this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D5aJhLb77w&t=102s

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nasgate posted:

Pillars is trash and dos is amazeballs.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i enjoyed poe2 all the way though, and dos2 got obnoxious by the end of the first act

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The existence of Atom Zombie Smasher and They Are Billions will put zombies way out of reach of all other contenders.

The number is literally in the title of the second one

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

no stop turn back while you still can

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Activision planning on firing CFO for “unspecified reasons”

https://www-yahoo-com.cdn.ampprojec...q331AQGCAEoAVgB

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Pillars and DOS are both great series

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They can’t both be great... one has to be far superior to the other, otherwise nothing makes sense anymore

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Pillars 2 > DOS > Pillars 1, imo

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Steve Yun posted:

Activision planning on firing CFO for “unspecified reasons”

https://www-yahoo-com.cdn.ampprojec...q331AQGCAEoAVgB

Activision seems to be going out of it's way to gently caress over the Blizzard part of the company.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I haven't played pillars 2 since 1 was so loving boring (also I never want to play a RTWP game again)

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

SirKibbles posted:

Activision seems to be going out of it's way to gently caress over the Blizzard part of the company.
That seems like a huge stretch

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Pillars 1 seemed like it was well made, but the story didn't really grab me so I never got passed the first few hours. Will probably try it again after I've finished BG2 though.

Although thinking about it, I also have Tyranny sitting there waiting as well and I heard much better things about that

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I should go back to Pillars, I stopped when I finished up that little bit where you're in that one big city and you solve the mystery of the zombie plague quarantine area or whatever was happening there

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I find it insanely hard to believe that you heard better things about Tyranny than Pillars

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I find it insanely hard to believe that you heard better things about Tyranny than Pillars

It was better since the story stuff was somewhat interesting and the spell creation system was cool

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppSPsvO19dU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

i enjoyed poe2 all the way though, and dos2 got obnoxious by the end of the first act

Yeah I love the Pillars games esp 2 and never got why OS2 took off.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

With the exception of Tetris effect, my goal till Black Friday game sales is to buy no games this year. My backlog includes...

Switch

Mario Odyssey
Stardew Valley
Golf Story
BoTW (I beat on Wii U, and I’ve done two guardians on the switch)
Skyrim

PS4

Last guardian
SOTC
Persona 5
BioShock collection (never played)
Spider man (just got to the last act and stopped and started playing RDR2, which I am only in chapter 3 of)
Burnout Paradise
HZD
And Fallout 4.

I think that should cover me for the year right?

Also, I play a lot of fortnite and have enough vbucks to always just buy the latest battle pass (and never spend more on it) (I know, but it’s the only game friends and my cousin play, so I’ll still be playing that)

LionArcher fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 1, 2019

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Any two of those could potentially last the year.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Spring Break My Heart posted:

That seems like a huge stretch

Yeah I mean Blizzard is equally incompetent at times so you might be right

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I ended up buying Deadfire 2 y'all

OS1 was good but very much a multiplayer game and I don't have anyone to play with for #2.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I've gotten nothing done the past week because I've been sick pretty much the entire time.

No more.

I'm done being sick. Today I do work no matter how lovely I feel about it!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

tithin posted:

I ended up buying Deadfire 2 y'all

OS1 was good but very much a multiplayer game and I don't have anyone to play with for #2.

Everything in OS2 is much better than in OS1, especially the writing. I thought OS1 just kind of mediocre but OS2 is amazing.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

regardless deadfire is great so have fun with that

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Yeah Deadfire rules, though I haven't played the 2nd or 3rd DLC packs yet

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Pillars is just the perfect dungeon crawler to me. It has the overland romps of Baldur's Gate with the optimization of Icewind Dale. I just wish the stronghold management had a greater impact but they make it so impersonal.

Someone just ripoff Suikoden 2 goddamn.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What was good about Suikoden 2’s stronghold? I only remember the guy who builds you an elevator, and the fishing

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

LionArcher posted:

With the exception of Tetris effect, my goal till Black Friday game sales is to buy no games this year. My backlog includes...

I say E3 sales and Black Friday

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
DOS2 is an amazing combat sandbox but I did not enjoy how dependent it was on levels and gear. Buying entire new sets of gear for my party every other level was a pain in the rear end. Apparently there are mods to fix the scaling but I didn’t care enough to go back and try again.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Andrast posted:

Everything in OS2 is much better than in OS1, especially the writing. I thought OS1 just kind of mediocre but OS2 is amazing.

Idk what you read, but teenage Tumblr fantasy fanfic being a step up from the previous game makes me terrified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

nachos posted:

DOS2 is an amazing combat sandbox but I did not enjoy how dependent it was on levels and gear. Buying entire new sets of gear for my party every other level was a pain in the rear end. Apparently there are mods to fix the scaling but I didn’t care enough to go back and try again.

The enhanced edition makes the scaling a bit less intense. There also indeed mods that reduce it further.