Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Brits are also having trouble recruiting (stolen from the dumb marketing thread):

Doggles posted:

The British army is falling behind in their recruitment levels. Let's see what they come up with the get a young new generation to enlist!

:britain:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It's good legislation, not just in content but in giving the Democrats something solid to campaign on right off the bat. Each of those measures is extremely popular on their own, and forcing the Republicans to vote against it in the House and to ignore it in the Senate strengthens the messaging contrast between the Democrats as being ~for the people~ and the Republicans as being power-obsessed assholes who answer only to their donors.

It’s good legislation that will go nowhere in the Senate.

Not trying to be purposefully pessimistic. The bill and the vote on it sends a good message.

I feel like the same thing is playing out that happened in 2010 with ACA repeal. However, you don’t have Democrats jumping up and down saying they saved voting rights.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I thought we were abandoning articles. Shouldn’t it be “things will be drastically better with Wall”?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
The be all end all of bad looking previous beliefs PR is the simple “Yes, I believed those ideas at the time. But I’ve since had my eyes opened by x, y, and z. I now believe in [cause]. I ask anyone hurt by past words/deeds to forgive me and I hope to work with them towards [cause] in the future.”

You know, the Obama line on gay marriage.

This would apply to Gabbard, Hart, and a poo poo ton of others because it’s common loving decency and sense, Jesus Christ.

Edit: and anyone who can’t be loving bothered to either stand for their unpopular position or make this simple statement of contrition doesn’t deserve anyone’s support.

Thwomp fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jan 14, 2019

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Proud Christian Mom posted:

To be fair her last 'defense' was getting trolled into taking a DNA test so maybe she just isn't cut out for this new, decorum-less world

I love her personally and I think she's brilliant but campaigning for president requires inspiring people to get excited for you.

I get excited at the thought of her as President but I feel nothing watching her campaign and that's a problem.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Torrannor posted:

Brexit stuff

It’s just nice to look at another political system’s horror show for once.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

TPM made the argument that we’re going to hear so many stories exactly like this as Congress starts actual oversight.

Everything that’s been done so far by the administration has been so ham handed. We just don’t know the true extent yet.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Exhibit infinity - Decorum doesn't matter, especially when the occupier of the highest office in the land openly mocks the very concept.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Ahahahaa.

"NO COLLUSION" he screams as all of his collusion comes pouring out of his eyeballs (and his personal lawyer).

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Brain worms will help him forget :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Nah, they’ll just mutter to themselves how it just can’t be true and go back to sucking Koch dick.

They’ll keep doing that until the guillotines come out.