Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm getting really annoyed with Black Clover (which I usually kind of enjoy) as they just keep hitting the same beats over and over again. Elves show up, magic knight questions why friend is attacking, elf is confused as to why they think they (the elf) is the friend, fight scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

TwoPair posted:

It'd easily be either Russian or English or some mix thereof, since English is the lingua franca on the ISS and all current astronauts have to know at least a little Russian to even get to space since all rockets launch on Soyuz crafts nowadays. But yeah there's no way in hell that the future village would speak modern Japanese unless Senku's dad somehow forced them into it. But hey, since it's anime, everyone conveniently knows Japanese anyway! Problem solved! :pseudo:
Reminds me of how everyone in Black Lagoon was meant to be speaking English the whole time, even in the original Japanese broadcast- the sole reason they bring Rock on the trip to Japan is because he’s the only character who can speak Japanese.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/GKIDSfilms/status/1207662685007024128

So we're definitely watching the Dub of this for next Christmas, right?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Julias posted:

https://twitter.com/GKIDSfilms/status/1207662685007024128

So we're definitely watching the Dub of this for next Christmas, right?

fuckin a

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

New Line up:

quote:

For the first Toonami Saturday of the new decade, we’re switching up the schedule! On January 4th, catch Dr. Stone now at 11:30p, followed by One-Punch Man at midnight. Then, stay up for The Promised Neverland at 3:30a. Check out the full schedule below and tune in for Toonami, every Saturday night at 11p – 4:30a!

11:00-MHA
11:30-Dr.Stone
12:00-OPM
12:30-Fire Force
1:00-Food Wars
1:30-Demon Slayer
2:00-Black Clover
2:30-Jojo
3:00-Naruto
3:30-The promised Neverland
4:00-AOT

https://www.facebook.com/1440408039583372/posts/2306896562934511/?d=n

fit em all up in there fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Dec 20, 2019

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm okay with the replacement being another rerun. Nothing new should be on that late and the block is stacked enough with premieres as is.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I wish they would switch Food Wars and Demon Slayer, but otherwise that's a decent schedule.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rhonne posted:

I wish they would switch Fire Force and Demon Slayer, but otherwise that's a decent schedule.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I’m wondering if Toonami is gonna be in trouble now that Mike Lazzo is gone.

Or if Metalocalypse might come back for that final season (please let it come back :pray:).

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Oh cool, now I can go to bed at 3.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

I. M. Gei posted:

I’m wondering if Toonami is gonna be in trouble now that Mike Lazzo is gone.

Or if Metalocalypse might come back for that final season (please let it come back :pray:).

I highly doubt that since he only retired, it's not like he was fired and there's some kind of crazy regime change in the works. Every other higher-up at AS is still around and while it doesn't pull Family Guy rerun numbers (a sad metric), unless it starts catastrophically tanking ratings-wise, Toonami will probably stick around.

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm okay with the replacement being another rerun. Nothing new should be on that late and the block is stacked enough with premieres as is.

Yeah I'm okay with that too, though I am a little surprised. For a long while now they've been pretty quick to premiere something new the very next week after a premiere ends.

I'm more surprised that if they're putting something at the rear end end of the schedule it's something relatively recent and not like, Big O. Guess you gotta use those rights while you got 'em.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Dec 20, 2019

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It seems today
That all you see
Is Seth MacFarlane sitcoms
And Rick & Morty

But where is that good old-fashioned Goku
On which we used to rely?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of Toonami shows from days gone past I saw today that Sym-bionic Titan is on Netflix.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Rhonne posted:

I wish they would switch Food Wars Jojo and Demon Slayer Skullcrusher Mountain, but otherwise that's a decent schedule.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Same.

I haven't seen a single episode of Part 4 because gently caress staying up that late, Toonami stop doing this to me.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

muscles like this! posted:

Speaking of Toonami shows from days gone past I saw today that Sym-bionic Titan is on Netflix.
Huh I thought that was in a Megas XLR situation

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently when working on Primal Genndy said he would be interested in doing a Samurai Jack for SBT where they did ten episodes just to finish it off.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://cytu.be/r/goonami

Hey.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Hey, I just realized: despite having a slot open up with Lupin ending, that new schedule for 2020?

Still no Bort.

They literally opted to go for a rerun* rather than put Bort back on the block after yanking it vaudeville-style. Think about that.

*Also, I know the odds of it are probably 10 billion-to-1, but I'm sincerely hoping that the Promised Neverland rerun is a lead-in to a premier showing of a second season; that show was legit best thing Toonami aired in 2019

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I think the Bort dub is still on break. It'll probably be back once it resumes.

Promised Neverland season 2 is scheduled for October.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm gonna be a bit late for Goonami because of the Star War

It's bad!

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Arist posted:

I'm gonna be a bit late for Goonami because of the Star War

It's bad!

hey, did you like last jedi?

well gently caress you, disney decided twitter nazi nostalgia money and the sanctity of jj abrahms' precious mystery boxes are more important than actually standing for anything

also, gently caress you if you like the black guy

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Guys I just want you all to know that when SAO inevitably comes back, it's gonna be super good and you'll all love it. :unsmigghh:

Kerning Chameleon posted:

well gently caress you, disney decided twitter nazi nostalgia money and the sanctity of jj abrahms' precious mystery boxes are more important than actually standing for anything

I don't even like Star Wars (yet for some reason I've seen episodes 7 & 8) very much but that's disappointing to hear, mostly because I do like Finn.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The movie's starting soon!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Thanks for the movie Waffle.

Never trust a Poke-streamer.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Now to be fair you can think TLJ was a disaster of a film, a subversion of Star Wars in the same way a bus crashing into a wall is a subversion of public transport, and find Rise to be crap.

We live in a universe where (TLJ Rise of Skywalker Spoilers) Palpatine’s granddaughter teams up with Luke, Han and Leila, gets her own posse including an ex storm trooper and an ace fighter pilot, fights off a child-indoctrinating Neo-Empire cult and prevents the resurrection of the empire by kicking dear grandad’s teeth in is somehow the worst story told in the mainline series.

I hope everyone involved, sans Abrams and Johnson, maybe Kennedy if she was the one on call for hiring those twits, is able to move on to better things because they absolutely do deserve better.
:goonsay:

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Dec 23, 2019

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

In hindsight, I realized something funny about the Broly movie. Frieza's original motivation is that he's terrified of the Super Saiyan coming into existence, so he gets rid of Planet Vegeta despite the Saiyans working for him. By the end of the Broly movie, Broly becomes a Super Saiyan and beats the everloving poo poo out of Frieza, and his reaction is basically "Wow, that's awesome. I sure wish I had this guy working for me." :allears:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

ConanThe3rd posted:

We live in a universe where (TLJ Spoilers)

These are not TLJ spoilers, fyi, which has been out for a while

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rian Johnson owns

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

For those of you who don’t have anything to do Christmas Eve night, I’ll be showing holiday stuff starting at 9:00 pm EST.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Strobe posted:

These are not TLJ spoilers, fyi, which has been out for a while

That is indeed the case and that was my bad.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Tomorrow at 9 EST, holiday shows plus Power Rangers Double movie feature, The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers movie + Turbo:A Power Rangers movie.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Christmas/movie stuff starts in 2 hours

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://cytu.be/r/Dirtnami2

Come in, we start in 30 minutes.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I can't believe the Power Rangers are gonna save Christmas.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm setting up a list of movies to show in 2020 and the current shortlist is:

Thunderbolt Fantasy -Bewitching Melody of the West-
Promare
Takashi Miike's Ace Attorney
Also Takashi Miike's Diamond Is Unbreakable Part 1
The final Heaven's Feel ought to be available by the end of the year
Gintama 2 is always there for the others at Over-Time to get subbin'

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

Promare

The Bunny Girl Senpai movie

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_ posted:

Promare

Assuming it comes out this year, the Tokyo Godfathers dub.
Pokemon?
One Piece Stampede

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh right, Stampede! I forgot about that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

First movie is starting up.