Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Casimir Radon posted:

It was either an AF or the idiot thread where someone said they walked in on some guy recommending an anime about a guy who climbs into women's wombs or something like that. And he was completely oblivious to the fact that everyone was disgusting by his choice of topic.

That was my post!

I'd actually forgotten all about that airman.

I met some special people in comm, but that dude was in a league of his own. We called him Oedipus after that, but I don't think he ever realized why.

Edit: and to add horrible context, it wasn't merely about climbing into a womb, it was about climbing into your own *mother's* womb.

Aim high, fly, fight, win!

Arc Light fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Arc Light posted:

That was my post!

I'd actually forgotten all about that airman.

I met some special people in comm, but that dude was in a league of his own. We called him Oedipus after that, but I don't think he ever realized why.

Edit: and to add horrible context, it wasn't merely about climbing into a womb, it was about climbing into your own *mother's* womb.

Aim high, fly, fight, win!

I knew a supervisor that drew his female troop as an anime super hero. He showed it to her during a counseling session.

What was her super power? Seduction of course.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Sacrist65 posted:

I knew a supervisor that drew his female troop as an anime super hero. He showed it to her during a counseling session.

No loving way. That puts my guy to shame.

What was the AFSC? Intel, comm or dark horse third option?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-military-maintenance/

quote:

One of the U.S. military’s largest private-industry landlords falsified maintenance records, Reuters found, helping it secure incentive fees as families awaited repairs. The company’s actions, a former employee said, were akin to “bank robbery at a corporate level.”

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Sacrist65 posted:

On my first day as a slicksleeve maintainer included watching my supervisor unwrap Magic cards and file them into sleeve pages in a binder, this guy gave me a 3/5 on my first ever EPR. His reasoning was him being "tuff but fair".

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Title? I dont need no stinkin' Title

Casimir Radon posted:

Well, don't leave us hanging.

Sorry, I’m in Japan and had gone to bed. My dude made some kind of choose your own adventure type game called “Rape Day Apocalypse” which unsurprisingly pissed off a lot of people after he tried to sell it on Steam... Needless to say he is now getting kicked out. He also thought it was then a good idea to go on some podcast thing and to try to defend himself.

https://youtu.be/lroOLp55qds

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Ragaman posted:

Sorry, I’m in Japan and had gone to bed. My dude made some kind of choose your own adventure type game called “Rape Day Apocalypse” which unsurprisingly pissed off a lot of people after he tried to sell it on Steam... Needless to say he is now getting kicked out. He also thought it was then a good idea to go on some podcast thing and to try to defend himself.

Wait wait wait.

So, he did this while he was still in?!?

And, like, he didn't expect to get kicked out?

Green Dot fails us yet again.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Dude is a SSgt intel guy in the AOC at Osan. I literally could go slap him in the back of the head. loving amazing.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Ragaman posted:

I got that. What's he like in person?

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Yes he did this while he was still in, which is even more crazy because he was planning to separate next year. He couldn’t just wait like a year and a half...

Also he was a Green Dot instructor before he had PCS’d...

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Oh good, green dot is working as expected.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Ah, like the SAPR guy from Carrier, Bob Patrick for any HR people Googling his name, who raped someone. He got away with it because she didn't want to ruin his career, and then I turned off that stupid show forever.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
He was a comm troop who had few social skills and was a programmer before joining the military. He apparently was also the most interesting man alive because before he joined up he worked for some start up in Hawaii and got kidnapped by local thugs who took him out to the boonies and threatened to kill him when the start up failed and the owner ran off with the money he had borrowed. My guy also almost burned his house down trying to create napalm in his kitchen while in Hawaii. He also experimented on himself while he was my troop by trying out various things like eating raw chicken because “it saved time” among other things. I have other stories but I just literally can’t rn.

Yeah he just got to Osan in December/January. We knew he was weird but not like, rape game creator weird.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Casimir Radon posted:

Ah, like the SAPR guy from Carrier, Bob Patrick for any HR people Googling his name, who raped someone. He got away with it because she didn't want to ruin his career, and then I turned off that stupid show forever.

Never trust anyone with two loving first names.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
According to my "on this day" thing today is the six year anniversary of the time someone called me a loving bitch during a SARC briefing and stormed out. Earlier this year I learned she was a major lmao.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Just came back from 2 week's of convalescent leave for shoulder poo poo and there's a new CC and management in my section has completely pcsed. It's like coming into a new assignment all over again. Feels weird man.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
Yep. Once I had four different supervisors in one year. Neither I nor they deployed.

That's why it's OK to write your own OPR/EPR. Why would anyone else know what the gently caress you were doing?

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

nullscan posted:

Just came back from 2 week's of convalescent leave for shoulder poo poo and there's a new CC and management in my section has completely pcsed. It's like coming into a new assignment all over again. Feels weird man.

Does this mean paperwork will get the CC's signature in less than six months?

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Ceiling fan posted:

Yep. Once I had four different supervisors in one year. Neither I nor they deployed.

That's why it's OK to write your own OPR/EPR. Why would anyone else know what the gently caress you were doing?

One of my TSgts hosed off on PTDY/Terminal and I'm now being told we need his EPR written for a dude who's gone and retiring. I'm putting one line in each area saying things like "He's a pretty cool guy, really funny, keeps bees as a hobby" and can't wait to see how leadership rips it apart.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Wild T posted:

One of my TSgts hosed off on PTDY/Terminal and I'm now being told we need his EPR written for a dude who's gone and retiring. I'm putting one line in each area saying things like "He's a pretty cool guy, really funny, keeps bees as a hobby" and can't wait to see how leadership rips it apart.

Promote NOW!

Edit: Make sure to quantify how many bees and the amount of $$$ he raised for the squadron's booster club.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Arc Light posted:

Does this mean paperwork will get the CC's signature in less than six months?

Supposedly the new CC came from commanding a school house somewhere. So far it doesn't seem like things will be streamlined at all. It's fine, I'll still be here when she PCSes. Korea 5ever.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

BadOptics posted:

Promote NOW!

Edit: Make sure to quantify how many bees and the amount of $$$ he raised for the squadron's booster club.

I mean if you think about it, raising bees probably does more good for the world than anything any of us are going to do

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

Wild T posted:

I mean if you think about it, raising bees probably does more good for the world than anything any of us are going to do

...but I raise bees.

Eyre Kneed
Jul 1, 2008

How has the tech listing not been leaked yet?

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

Melthir posted:

...but I raise bees.

Well gently caress. Didn't expect surprise apiarist.

Also today I realized that apiarist is an anagram of 'I, A Rapist'

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

This country is so incredibly dumb and satire is dead.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Holy gently caress

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
Just signed out of my last drill weekend, now I can get back to being a civ full time. Put the overdue EPR paperwork in my desk drawer, locked it and hid the key on the way out.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Clavavisage posted:

Just signed out of my last drill weekend, now I can get back to being a civ full time. Put the overdue EPR paperwork in my desk drawer, locked it and hid the key on the way out.

Good move. Life cycle of an Air Force drawer:

2019: Drawer is locked, key is lost
2020: Replacement is finally sourced by AFPC, finds desk locked, shrugs shoulders and avoids using that drawer
2024: Someone finally decides to do a deep clean of the squadron. Cleans out regulations dating back to 2005 in other drawers, but is stymied by the locked drawer and ignores it
2028: Furniture is replaced with new furniture that somehow looks exactly the same, A1C tasked to replace furniture doesn't even bother with locked drawer and throws it in the pile. Furniture is presumably put in a landfill, burned, or shot into space. PII is safe.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
~2009 I found a draw full of SNCO EPRs and OPRs from the mid 90s. And unopened Zip disks.

Of course I left them there, after reading everything.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
I found a bunch of Article 15s in a drawer shortly before I left.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

ngl finding an EPR for the guy I replaced at my first assignment (a 2 rating back when Firewall Fives were the norm) really gave me an idea of what I needed to avoid if I wanted to succeed as an A1C.

Turns out the key was "don't be a criminal"

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Arc Light posted:

ngl finding an EPR for the guy I replaced at my first assignment (a 2 rating back when Firewall Fives were the norm) really gave me an idea of what I needed to avoid if I wanted to succeed as an A1C.

Turns out the key was "don't be a criminal"

PROMOTE AHEAD OF PEERS.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
My first epr was a 3, which i didnt think was a big deal until the commander pulled me and my fresh from ALS super into his office to give me the DUI talk. He was really confused when my boss explained that since I was new to the unit I still needed to "find my place and a 3 is a good starting point for improvement". That super lasted another 2 years and then got kicked out for having everything repo'd and never paying his child support. That 3 held me back on crosstraining and awards until the last year of my active time... Lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I cleaned out one of the records cabinets (we only used the top of a 3 drawer one that was like 4 feet wide and 5 feet tall) and found poo poo from the 80s that was typewriter written lol. Same for the documentation 'archive' (read: loose pile in some bankers boxes) for ours comms gear since command post is special and gets to self-source that stuff

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

I'm gonna start buying dildos and leaving them in unlocked drawers of empty desks every time I PCS. Just planting seeds.

We failed a passport inspection not long before I got here because we didn't have a locked cabinet for the documents. We were told in no uncertain terms that another fail means we would lose our passport site, which is obviously a Bad Thing at a mobility base. The squadron pays for a brand new cabinet with two keys. Keyholder 1 goes on leave, keyholder 2 goes TDY, deployers come through who need to pick their passports up ASAP. Captain tells the NCOIC "get the thing open and get them their passports so they can go on their mission", expecting them to call keyholder #1 who is on leave in the local area. Comes back an hour later to find they'd taken a hammer to the cabinet and busted it open, and she had to go back to the notoriously petty and toxic commander for funds to buy another one.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
I’ve never heard of anyone taking a key with them that actually went to anything that actually got used the any of the hospitals I worked in. They were always placed front and center of the top lift drawer of a desk usually within a few feet of whatever they open. When I went through my second round of Field Craft (formerly CAST) I got made platoon lead or whatever the gently caress they called it (sucked so bad at it because I cared so little since I was there on an extension that like no one applauded when I got my cert) I got a master key to everyone’s room. Why they felt giving this to some random mid twenties bumblefuck SSgt was a good idea was beyond me but whatever. Anyway last time I went through we were the last class to have the short weekend off so now with an extended liberty a few guys and myself decided to take the train to NYC. Literally as the Uber drops us off at the station I get a call that someone has locked themselves out of their room and they heard I had a master key. I had already forgotten I had this thing on me so after a couple of seconds of silence I finally figure out what’s going on and just tell them I’m on a train heading to NYC and that I can’t help them. Never came up again.

Let’s talk about passports after this chemistry class.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The one thing adventure games get right is that the keys or sticky notes with passwords really are always nearby

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
TIL the E-3 was almost ordered in an 8x TF-34 configuration; that's the engine used by the A-10. I'm really baffled by this notion, because the 707 airframe was already selected. If TF-34 development hadn't been such a headache, we might've actually seen a flyoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Godholio posted:

TIL the E-3 was almost ordered in an 8x TF-34 configuration; that's the engine used by the A-10. I'm really baffled by this notion, because the 707 airframe was already selected. If TF-34 development hadn't been such a headache, we might've actually seen a flyoff.

Isn’t the E-3 already a bit under powered as it is? I know JSTARS was woefully underpowered, and I thought I had read somewhere on the Internet that the E-3 was too. My E-3 knowledge is sparse to be honest. I sat in on some Mission Employment debriefings and Red Flag debriefings that convinced me I wanted nothing to do with the E-3. Seems like the poor loving ABM’s just get completely poo poo on by the pointy nose plane drivers anytime anything wasn’t exactly perfect. And you guys really seemed to love eating your own. Could be wrong but that was my perception at the time.