Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the messenger. i posted my thoughts on it already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
3+ Kingdom Hearts 3 (Platinum Trophy)

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
pokemon shield full dex

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Shining Force II

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

2. Just beat Laurence, the FIrst Vicar which counts as Games beat 2019. On to the Orphan.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
DmC 5. What a cool game

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Brasseye posted:

DmC 5. What a cool game

The first time I got an S-Rank with Virgil and the devil trigger song kicked in was a maximum poggers moment. I love that game, I wish we got more content for it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Control. Very good game

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
16 - comix zone bad ending. I’m not going to try for the good ending because it’s not a very good game even though it looks great. I still don’t know why destroying required barriers gives you chip damage

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Chill Callahan posted:

16 - comix zone bad ending. I’m not going to try for the good ending because it’s not a very good game even though it looks great. I still don’t know why destroying required barriers gives you chip damage

yah poo poo like that and the gently caress-you pitfall obstacles right at the end of a couple pages really bring it down. western 2d game devs :rolleye:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

2. Bloodborne. Bad End. Skill/Blood. One of the greatest games I’ve ever played. Time for Sekiro.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. DQXI
1a. DQXI post game
2. Devil May Cry 2 (Dante and Lucia discs)
3. Full Metal Furies (4p Co-Op)
4. RE2 Claire A/Leon B
5. DMC 3
6. DMC 4
7. DMC 5.
8. Bloodborne+DLC all bosses.
9. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (Ending A, B)
10. Grim Dawn - All Acts + Forgotten Gods expansion.
11. Borderlands
11a. Borderlands DLC (The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, The Secret Armory of General Knox, Claptrap's New Robot Revolution).
12. Bastion
13. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Moon
14. Remnant: From the Ashes
15. Ion Fury
16. Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
17. Control
18. Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Black Eagles, Classic/Hard)
19. The Surge 2
20. Indivisible
21. Halo Reach Co-Op - Legendary

Such a good campaign. It's testament to how good the game is that it's still a blast despite having completely hosed up audio on PC lol.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Chill Callahan posted:

When I was a little kid I would play this on the demo computers at Circuit City and thought it was the greatest game ever

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Beat Shovel Knight: King of Cards and got all the exits. I might go back for all the medals, not sure. Maybe I’ll even try Joustus. Probably not though.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Chill Callahan posted:

The game is bad but I like the soundtrack

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

All the systems are really good and the story is well written. Immediately started the next one.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

38. Batman: Arkham Knight- 240%

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Shovel Knight: King of Cards

100% items and map but theres still plenty more to do

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I beat King of Cards with 100% map completion plus all Joustus players defeated and optional superboss defeated

I don’t even know how I’d rank the campaigns - they’re all so great in different ways

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
31+ Shovel Knight: King of Cards (Cartography King)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

23) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Master Mode

I got the itch to replay BotW and did nothing but play it for a week. To see more of the world I decided early on not to use fast travel and also decided not to use consumables because idk that's just how I am sometimes. I also avoided the divine beasts because I wanted to see how that played out differently at the end, but I still explored enough to do 70 or so shrines before going to fight Ganon. The 6 fights in a row killed me tons of times which is what I probably wanted.

No fast travel was a real game changer. I can't really explain why but I had way more fun playing this way versus teleporting around every few minutes. Each trip to a town or major area was like a big event.

Master Mode overall wasn't too bad, but a few points were a little frustrating like eventide island. Calamity Ganon also heals a ton if you mess up at all during the 2nd phase. I had a blast and will probably continue playing to see how the dlc stuff is on master mode.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Oh and I forgot to add these a bit ago

24) HITMAN (2016)
25) HITMAN 2

I have SASO on most of the maps but I took a break to play BotW. These 2 games are masterpieces, can't wait for HITMAN 3.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
been a long time since i last played through re4

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I probably won't beat another game this year so here's the year in review:

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Final Fantasy IV (SNES)
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy IX
Sekiro
RE2 Remake
Soul Blazer
Illusion of Gaia
Super Mario 3d Land
Terranigma
Zelda: a Link Between Worlds
Kirby Planet Robobot
Judgment
Dragon Quest Builders 2
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Landstalker
Monster World IV
Shining Force
Death Stranding
Shining Force II

Lots of good poo poo this year--the quintet trilogy was epic as were the genesis (particularly landstalker) and 3ds games. I liked sekiro the best out of the new releases.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
first time beating re4 professional:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Nice

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
ty there was a lot of bullshit but some moments were tense in a fun way.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

My Friend Pedro

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Luigi’s Mansion 3 - all gems collected, all Boos caught. Delightful, extremely charming game. Nearly everything in the environment can be interacted with, even if only in the form of smashing, and you’re usually rewarded for loving around with everything you see. The level design was clever and I loved all the optional puzzles all over the place. Not quite a GOTY contender for me but definitely an honorable mention.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. DQXI
1a. DQXI post game
2. Devil May Cry 2 (Dante and Lucia discs)
3. Full Metal Furies (4p Co-Op)
4. RE2 Claire A/Leon B
5. DMC 3
6. DMC 4
7. DMC 5.
8. Bloodborne+DLC all bosses.
9. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (Ending A, B)
10. Grim Dawn - All Acts + Forgotten Gods expansion.
11. Borderlands
11a. Borderlands DLC (The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, The Secret Armory of General Knox, Claptrap's New Robot Revolution).
12. Bastion
13. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Moon
14. Remnant: From the Ashes
15. Ion Fury
16. Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
17. Control
18. Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Black Eagles, Classic/Hard)
19. The Surge 2
20. Indivisible
21. Halo Reach Co-Op - Legendary
22. Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope

Tons of fun, and very charming.

This is probably the last game I'm going to be able to beat before the end of the year. Looking at my list the best game I played was probably RE2Make, and the worst was either Full Metal Furies or Borderlands.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
thats why i call it boringlands

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
1. Deltarune
2. Smash tv coop
3. Devil May Cry 3 Normal Dante
4. Celeste
5. DUSK
6. Isaac plat
7. Scythe 1 and 2
8. RE4 Professional.

(dont count: super metroid, am2r, zero mission, sonic 3 AIR, hl2, hl2ep2, portal, fear, hexcells)

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Batman Arkham Knight- all Arkham Episodes

The Batgirl one was cool but the other ones were shorter than your average LEGO DLC level.

I’m gonna pad my numbers with some arcade beat em ups before the end of the year lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shovel Knight: King of Cards. Awesome finale (shovel knight = rope, king knight = stick)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Shovel Knight: King of Cards

Great stuff as always. The ending was hilarious.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Titanfall 2

This is the first FPS I've played with wall-running and a doublejump so it was really fun. The mech bits were less fun but still enjoyable. Nothing has topped Rex vs. Ray in that department yet.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shadow Hearts: Covenant. Whip rear end game. Similar to SH1 the story in the second half was kinda bunk but all the character-specific sidestories were cool, it had a great battle system and it was a really funny and campy game. And the dungeons were a million times better than 1. On to SH3

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope

Shovel knight's movement is so limited compared to King Knight but the level design is so good and designed around it. What a great game.

Now to finally beat Plague of Shadows no matter what.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
plague knight ftmfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

elf help book posted:

plague knight ftmfw

This is my third try after getting frustrated before but I will get the hang of it this time or die trying.

Also just beat Overcooked with my brother - Christmas co-op gaming, hell yeah