Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
The Birds sucked. No one even fought a giant bird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah but no one fought a giant bird that was controlling other birds. If you got bit by a bird you didn't turn into a bird. No one dressed up like birds to fool the birds so they could escape.

Movie is a total loving failure and I don't see why people are like " Oh this is one of Hitchcocks best".

Some lady drives 60 miles to try and romance a gay dude .

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

My version would have been wayyyyyyy better.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It's super hosed up the way he's basically " Yeah lemme just use my position of power and influence to find a wife".

Also apparently on Tuesday commentary Miike says of the weird surreal sequence that "The Writer was on drugs".

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I kind of see it the opposite way and that all their life Eli has had to rely on older men who preyed on them and had to use those men to survive but finally meets a kindred spirit who cares for her and they both fall in love. So she finally meets someone who truly loves them. There's actually a sequel book to this where Eli and Oskar ( who Eli turns to a vampire) are living happily together in Barcelona and its 2008

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

The American remake Let Me In is also quite good but changes some things like its just as good as the original which is saying something. Its very good.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Here is today's horror classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd-z5wBeFTU

Dawn of the Dead (1978)

10 years after George Romero introduced the most important monster in modern horror with Night of the Living Dead, he proved that he was still the master of the zombie genre with Dawn of the Dead. Despite a hilariously small budget, Dawn of the Dead is the zombie movie, and possibly the most ripped-off film of all time. This film is brutal, hilarious, and depressing, as well as full of social commentary that's so on the nose it makes Paul Verhoeven look subtle. With a killer score that combines tracks from Goblin and judiciously-chosen stock music, it's also an intensely atmospheric piece. This is the film that defined a genre and a career.

Available for streaming absolutely nowhere

Yet I will be streaming it through rabbit tonight in the horror discord.

Where is your God now?!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Dawn of the Dead is really good but it still suffers from a severely weak female lead and role just like Night of the Living Dead. The Remake in 1990 kind of changes thing for the better and Day is much much better. Also, the Goblin soundtrack is far superior to the US version.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I want to watch Lurdiaks version if Frankenstein.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

If you have Amazon prime you can sign up for Starz for a week for free watch them then unsubscribe.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Don't even loving talk to me if you haven't seen Candyman

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

Watch some classics you haven't seen yet doofus

I tried to make a list of stuff I had not seen and I was like " Uh... maybe something from Russia?"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Return of the Living Dead is free for streaming on Tubitv. You do need to make an account.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Dr Phibes still has the greatest death in horror movie history and it will never be topped. Catapulted Unicorn Head

It's definitely a horror comedy but it's not cracking jokes and pratfalls the fact that it is played completely straight is what makes it so funny. It's humor comes from just the absolute camp of it all and the ridiculous over the top deaths.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Henry has this weird charismatic magnetism in the film like when he's smiling etc.. its so offputting. Like I wouldn't say sympathetic but I'd say definitely there's this attraction in the film.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Dig Soldiers is legit one of the best werewolf films ever made.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I stand by my statement

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Where did you watch Deep Red at that was dubbed English because generally the rule is "Dubbed English = Bad Version / Cut Version of the film".

The bad version of Deep Red is easy to tell because it freeze frames at the end. However there is a restored version of Deep Red that is not dubbed original language uncut but it is freeze framed at the end and a version that is not freeze framed.

It sounds to me that you watched the Amercian cut of Deep Red which is vastly inferior to the original uncut version. The "real" version is the Italian Langauge, English Subtitles, Does not end with Freeze Frame at Credits AND > 120 minutes. The complaints you have it seems may be with the fact that in the cut version multiple subplots are cut from the film that make the film WAY more coherent.

Also yes you can CLEARLY on the blu rays see who the killer is in the mirror

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jan 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah that is what appears to me as well is that they watched the American cut version.

A terrible shameful horror fail.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jan 27, 2019