Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

VitalSigns posted:

So she cheated.

I disagree. Cheating implies intent, and if your intent was to help a candidate, you’d say something useful. What seems more likely to me is that she accidentally let slip something she didn’t even think needed to be hidden because it was so obvious. Then bad faith actors deliberately latched on to this innocuous event and blew it up into “cheating” because it helped their plan to depress the Democratic vote.

VitalSigns posted:

Given that Bernie definitely would have kept the Midwest in the blue column, I'm struggling to think of a state that she won which he would have lost. Virginia I suppose, but even that wouldn't swing the election if he'd held Ohio.

Still stating hypotheticals as fact. Can I borrow your crystal ball?

Jurgan fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Dec 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

same tbh

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Jurgan posted:

I disagree. Cheating implies intent, and if your intent was to help a candidate, you’d say something useful. What seems more likely to me is that she accidentally let slip something she didn’t even think needed to be hidden because it was so obvious.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

VitalSigns posted:

The burden of proof is on the person making the accusation. You want me to accept that Brazile tried to rig the election in the stupidest way possible. It makes as much sense as Trump’s belief that the FBI was so desperate to destroy him that they collected dirt on him but didn’t release it until after he was elected.

Also, my use of the phrase “seems more likely” should indicate I’m not stating fact.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Jurgan posted:

The burden of proof is on the person making the accusation. You want me to accept that Brazile tried to rig the election in the stupidest way possible. It makes as much sense as Trump’s belief that the FBI was so desperate to destroy him that they collected dirt on him but didn’t release it until after he was elected.

Also, my use of the phrase “seems more likely” should indicate I’m not stating fact.

Yeah the most reasonable explanation for someone giving someone test questions ahead of time is cheating.

And fine it "seems more likely" that Bernie would have won the Rust Belt and the election, because it took a uniquely terrible candidate on every front to lose those states and even in her terribleness she almost won them anyway.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

VitalSigns posted:

Yeah the most reasonable explanation for someone giving someone test questions ahead of time is cheating.

Cheating by giving someone information they already had does not seem reasonable to me.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Every time you guys start a slapfight like this I’m going to start requiring the participants to submit their arguments in stick figure comic form.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

Every time you guys start a slapfight like this I’m going to start requiring the participants to submit their arguments in stick figure comic form.

Yeah, I’m done. I was responding to a Rall cartoon, which I genuinely think promoted a dangerously cynical worldview, but I should have known this is how it would end up.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Post political cartoons you Goons!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Jagged Jim posted:

Okay.

God, the Devil, and Ben Garrison posted:

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi loves money. That’s why she spends so much of her time fundraising. She is good at hitting up large corporations and wealthy donors.

As for her constituents? She spouts off the usual blue city leftist rhetoric to keep them placated. She represents California’s 12th congressional district, which mostly consists of the city of San Francisco. That city has degenerated under her rule. Its streets are littered with human feces and drug needles. The homeless don’t have money, so they don’t appear on Nancy’s radar.

Pelosi caters to the rich, limousine liberals who can afford to live there. She knows money is power and her wealth bought her a lot of influence in the Democratic Party. Just like Hillary did with her corrupt Clinton Foundation, Pelosi has amassed vast wealth as a politician—she’s worth well over $100 million. Some estimate her wealth is much greater than that. She made sure her son, Paul Pelosi Jr., got paid off, too. Like Hunter Biden, he was involved in kickbacks and Ukraine corruption.

Pelosi is growing very old. She will turn 80 next spring and she’s known for her moments of mumbling, confusion, and forgetfulness. Will she retire? Nah. She loves money and power too much for that. Nancy is a good argument for term limits.

It remains to be seen what Pelosi will do in 2020 to help thwart Trump’s reelection. Her Trump Derangement Syndrome will not be cured any time soon and her endless thirst for money will remain unquenched.

Happy New Year!
It’s weird how often he goes after people for being old when his guy is a 70-something that can’t go a day without uttering some senile gibberish. Attack them from your weaknesses, I guess.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Having a hard time parsing this cartoon. The champagne is the corruption and corruption is made on pelosis vineyard, she then drinks the corruption while celebrating with Jew-Satan - who doesnt have any corruption of their own, nor any particular agenda other than being The Devil.

Its just so meaningless.

I guess he realized if it was JewSatan champagne he'd be venturing too close to Zyklon Ben territory.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jagged Jim posted:

is this political

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Garrison, is Pelosi a decrepit 80-year-old with a failing body or is she rocking a set of spherical, buoyant breasts? Which is it?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

wizzardstaff posted:

Garrison, is Pelosi a decrepit 80-year-old with a failing body or is she rocking a set of spherical, buoyant breasts? Which is it?

Garrison is actually just perpetually horny and confused at his own horniness so he uses right wing political commentary to try and cover it up.

He’s basically a tumblr poster trying to act tough lmao.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pants Donkey posted:

Okay.

It’s weird how often he goes after people for being old when his guy is a 70-something that can’t go a day without uttering some senile gibberish. Attack them from your weaknesses, I guess.

Of all the things that get me in the comic, from the racism to the nonsensical corruption campaign, it's them celebrating two seconds from midnight that gets me the most.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I tried grabbing the Gaybies nominations last night but SA's search only would grab me a few posts. Doing a Google Search pointed at the thread itself seemed to work slightly better, but I think I'm going to have to manually Ctrl f search each page if I want to grab all of them.

Unless someone has a better idea/is not stupid with this poo poo?

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 31, 2019

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

World Famous W posted:

I tried grabbing the Gaybies nominations last night but SA's search only would grab me a few posts. Doing a Google Search pointed at the thread itself seemed to work slightly better, but I think I'm going to have to manually Ctrl f search each page if I want to grab all of them.

If we can't figure out how to make search actually come up with all the results (:thanksradium:), I'll do the needful, hopefully by writing a bot to go through and at least grab permalinks for the posts with "Gaybie(s)? Nomination" in the text.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Thanks, I'll try again later tonight. If I can't get it to go through I'll let you know

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Besesoth posted:

If we can't figure out how to make search actually come up with all the results (:thanksradium:), I'll do the needful, hopefully by writing a bot to go through and at least grab permalinks for the posts with "Gaybie(s)? Nomination" in the text.

Seems like the easier thing to do would be to search a common root like "Gayb" and hand-sort out the no-doubt few false positives

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Edit: nevermind, already noted by someone else

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Evilreaver posted:

Seems like the easier thing to do would be to search a common root like "Gayb" and hand-sort out the no-doubt few false positives

Probably true, but I'm unusual in that I like regular expressions :)

(but yeah, that actually is probably an objectively better approach)

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Catholic nuns, well known anti-vaxxers? An odd cartoon.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
It's rather rude of Satan to steal Moist von Lipwig's suit imo

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Besesoth posted:

Probably true, but I'm unusual in that I like regular expressions :)

(but yeah, that actually is probably an objectively better approach)

I'd say looking for an open bolding tag followed by a capital g and the word nomination followed by a colon will find enough

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

Of all the things that get me in the comic, from the racism to the nonsensical corruption campaign, it's them celebrating two seconds from midnight that gets me the most.

Maybe a Doomsday Clock reference? Though that should be two minutes.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Trapezium Dave posted:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Nice to see leak going to bat against harm reduction strategies and for the Australian police who have been illegally strip searching teenagers.

What a piece of poo poo.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/travis_view/status/1211839040091082758

Is Garrison okay?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is Garrison okay?

He'll be glad to tell you this is all part of the big plan and a way to throw people off Q's trail.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Ramos posted:

He'll be glad to tell you this is all part of the big plan and a way to throw people off Q's trail.

Yeah, this will have absolutely no impact on the true believers.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Anyone insane enough to believe in something like Q isn't gonna be deterred by something like that. Its all part of the 4D chess game.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

the deep state is forcing trump to denounce Q

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Trapezium Dave posted:

Leak, Son of Leak:

harmless teens having a good time while cop casually strangles a dog

AGC

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

World Famous W posted:

There's a guy who posted a thread in QCS about the occurrence of words and phrases for word clouds. He's probably got a harness at least that would let you do it.

You could batch harvest in Postman/curl/wget, but I'd suggest upping your posts per page setting so you have to hit the server less often.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Not like that, ugh!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Pants Donkey posted:

Also I guess loving money and being rich is bad now, better tell Trump.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Internet Kraken posted:

Anyone insane enough to believe in something like Q isn't gonna be deterred by something like that. Its all part of the 4D chess game.

These are the same people who were convinced Obama was a secret Muslim supervillain lying about his allegiances. Of course they'd imagine Trump with a corresponding secret superhero identity.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

the deep state is forcing trump to denounce Q
and this PROVES how strong Trump is

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

We're gonna have to retire and replace :umberto: early at this rate, it just doesn't stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!