Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

oh shut the gently caress up, you know he won't tweet and you know you will still vote for him in the end so who gives a gently caress

of all the toons posted stantis is still the one that pisses me off most of all because I know people who think like this and its extremely blatantly obvious they either don't give a single poo poo about politics or are shy Republicans looking for the slightest see through excuse to vote for the fascists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Internet Kraken posted:

Anyone insane enough to believe in something like Q isn't gonna be deterred by something like that. Its all part of the 4D chess game.

It's like when Trump fired that one Breitbart gently caress, Steve Bannon or whoever he was, and everyone was convinced it was a masterstroke that freed him up to fight the swamp from outside the system.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Stantis thinks Trump is making his insanity and bigotry too obvious, AGC.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

The tweeting is of course not the problem. It's a symptom of the problem. Stantis and other neocons have no problems with Trump policy. Just his phrasing.

Trump himself is just a symptom of the modern Republican party. The policies would be the same or worse with Ted Cruz as president.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Katt posted:

The tweeting is of course not the problem. It's a symptom of the problem. Stantis and other neocons have no problems with Trump policy. Just his phrasing.

Trump himself is just a symptom of the modern Republican party. The policies would be the same or worse with Ted Cruz as president.

ehhhh I bet foreign policy wouldn't be the same

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Meet Sentinel Prime, the guy who had the job before Optimus. Normally he's a goodie two shoes but this version from the current comic run is an insane despot who's corrupt and pretty loving stupid. Megatron starts out as a communist miner who's pissed off at how lovely the Autobots are and starts The Decepticons. Only later does he turn evil after a failed robotomy.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Stantis telling on himself here. The issue isn’t the policies Trump is doing, it’s just that Trump is talking about policies. Conservatives agree with everything Trump is doing they just want a facade of :decorum: to hide behind to pretend they aren’t monsters but Trump’s Twitter antics aren’t letting them have that

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Speaking as someone who was in kindergarten when Transformers was first airing its first two seasons in North America, I really didn't expect, as an adult, to have a decently written Transformers comic book. Shame it got rebooted recently due to some toy line BS (because it's still just a license from Hasbro in the end, and the corporate toy-selling still rules all in the end).

'The Autobots were centrist stooges for the Authoritarian government who rebelled against it far too late, while simultaneously opposing the actually revolutionary class-struggling Decepticons, who took their name from their political motto of 'You are being Deceived'', a line from Megatron, the blue-collar ex-miner voice of the uprising, all of which lead to millions of years of war in a pointless partisan civil war after the original tyrants had already been deposed' wasn't really something I expected when I was a younger adult, but it was good while it lasted.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I know in Transformers Animated, the implication behind the Deceptions was that they were the underclass (Megatron calls out "Deceptions, Rise Up" every time he transforms, for instance) and the ruling party was corrupt as hell (Optimus only being part of said group due to a technicality and being punted to the furthest corners of the universe so he can't see/do anything about said corruption gives him a pass)

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Jurgan posted:

Was this year slower than usual? I’m not sure, but don’t we normally get closer to 1000 pages?

Edit: Yes, the thread length has been getting consistently shorter every year since 2014.

I'm not complaining. I actually caught up by the end of the year this time.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Randalor posted:

I know in Transformers Animated, the implication behind the Deceptions was that they were the underclass (Megatron calls out "Deceptions, Rise Up" every time he transforms, for instance) and the ruling party was corrupt as hell (Optimus only being part of said group due to a technicality and being punted to the furthest corners of the universe so he can't see/do anything about said corruption gives him a pass)

iirc, In Transformers: Prime, Megatron was a lower-class gladiator who got tired of the ruling class BS and started an uprising, and Optimus (at the time Orion Pax) was a supportive friend of his who worked in clerical until the Decepticons went too far for his taste.

It's funny how many versions there are of Megatron being a guy who gets fed up with ruling class poo poo and starts an eons-long war.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Stantis sure hates it when someone else is gassing on and on while not saying anything, huh?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Shinji2015 posted:

iirc, In Transformers: Prime, Megatron was a lower-class gladiator who got tired of the ruling class BS and started an uprising, and Optimus (at the time Orion Pax) was a supportive friend of his who worked in clerical until the Decepticons went too far for his taste.

It's funny how many versions there are of Megatron being a guy who gets fed up with ruling class poo poo and starts an eons-long war.

Yeah, during season one Ratchet lays all that out in an expository flashback about how at the end of Cybertron's golden age the ruling council had gotten incredibly corrupt and ruled by oligarchs while most cybertronians lived drudge-filled lives barely making ends meet, and from that Megatronus (prior to shortening his name) arose as a dynamic leader of the resentful underclass. Orion was drawn to him because he was like the only one who not only identified what was wrong with society but also had a movement and plan to actually do something about it, but broke with him when Megatron was rejected by the council and began calling for armed insurrection and violent overthrow of the old order (and also to be named the next Prime, which is confusing as in-universe you only get to be a Prime if the god-spirit of Cybertron, Primus, chooses you so to be, but whatever).
:goonsay:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

hm the plot of this cartoon about shapeshifting alien robots with a magic god doesn't hold up!

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Stantis telling on himself here. The issue isn’t the policies Trump is doing, it’s just that Trump is talking about policies. Conservatives agree with everything Trump is doing they just want a facade of :decorum: to hide behind to pretend they aren’t monsters but Trump’s Twitter antics aren’t letting them have that

This is why when you point out he tweets like a teenager with dementia you'll usually get "Oh I don't pay attention to Twitter." Which okay fine you don't have a Twitter account or use social media much, but his tweets ARE official messages to the public. Seems pretty drat irresponsible to just not know anything he's saying all the time.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on what to expect in the 2020s – Next year is likely to be another of the hottest on record, with global temperatures forecast to be more than 1.1C above the pre-industrial average, according to estimates from the Met Office"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Pants Donkey posted:

Okay.

It’s weird how often he goes after people for being old when his guy is a 70-something that can’t go a day without uttering some senile gibberish. Attack them from your weaknesses, I guess.

Garrison's Pelosi has a great rack.

Her arms are saggy, but not her boobs. Garrison's capacity to be horny for the people he hates knows no bound.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ben Garrison posted:

The year 2019 has been a year of bubbles

The stock market reached new all-time highs. This has occurred because the Federal Reserve’s ‘quantitative easing’ never really ended. Instead of consulting Congress like they did in 2008, the Fed simply creates currency out of thin air and hands it out to its member central banks. A lot of that easy money goes into the stock market, which mostly benefits the top of the pyramid that owns most of the major global corporations. Over 50 percent of Americans have no money in the stock market. Many millennials cannot afford to buy a house, let alone stocks.

For many, the American Dream will never become a reality. The wealth divide in this country continues to widen, thanks to the cancerous creation of the Federal Reserve. Instead of stopping booms and busts, they created larger ones, all to their own benefit.

The national debt continues to make new highs along with the stock market. That means more tax dollars will go toward paying interest on the debt. Paying down the principal is impossible unless the president declares a debt jubilee. I’m all for that as long as it also means ending the Fed.

The melt up will grow even more absurd and the wealth divide will worsen unless we change our current immoral system of money. The end of the Federal Reserve is long overdue. Let’s hope President Trump makes it one of his resolutions for 2020.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i will never comprehend the thought processes of political pundits who essentially believe the president has two buttons marked “stock market go up” and “stock market go down”

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

So..loving...close...

Someone, for the love of god, remind him that trump appoints the head of the fed.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

One good 2019 moment to remember was Garrison being invited to one of Trump’s press dinners. Finally, after all these years, Daddy noticed him.

Then mere days later, his invite was rescinded because the Trump admin was worried of being associated with him. :allears:

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Cowcaster posted:

i will never comprehend the thought processes of political pundits who essentially believe the president has two buttons marked “stock market go up” and “stock market go down”

I don't think their "logic" even gets that far - it's just purely based on association and political convenience. It's just "bad man caused bad thing" and "our guy caused good thing". They were blaming Obama for high unemployment rates even before he took office.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

So..loving...close...

Someone, for the love of god, remind him that trump appoints the head of the fed.

That would just lead to a four-paragraph long rant about how it's obvious that Trump DESPERATELY wants to change things, but the Deep State nefariously forces him to do this. Along with a cartoon where Muscle Daddy Trump sternly frowns at a screaming, flailing Jay Powell (who has his midriff showing, of course).

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Cpt_Obvious posted:

So..loving...close...

the fed chair is spontaneously generated from a pile of greenbacks

gosh I hope Trump does something about this soon!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Why is the middle class represented by a cum soaked hand?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Blower is the most shameful shill in this thread.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

the_steve posted:

It's like when Trump fired that one Breitbart gently caress, Steve Bannon or whoever he was, and everyone was convinced it was a masterstroke that freed him up to fight the swamp from outside the system.

I still love Paul Ryan getting hired by Fox News: "Paul is embarrassed about Trump and now he has the power to do something about it." You were Speaker of the House, dude. You had the power, you just chose not to use it.

https://www.businessinsider.com/paul-ryan-position-fox-board-reign-in-trump-report-2019-9

Cpt_Obvious posted:

So..loving...close...

Garrison's favorite theme is "Trump is a super-effective strong leader who will fix all these bad things that coincidentally happened on his watch any day now."

Pants Donkey posted:

One good 2019 moment to remember was Garrison being invited to one of Trump’s press dinners. Finally, after all these years, Daddy noticed him.

Then mere days later, his invite was rescinded because the Trump admin was worried of being associated with him. :allears:

Specifically, because of the Rothschilds-Soros puppetry cartoon.

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

starving in the belly of a whale
its ribs are ceiling beams
its guts are carpeting
I guess we have some time to kill
WTF is a melt up? Did Garrison leave his crayons and graph paper too near the stove and have an epiphany?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

I think the idea is that while the stock market is melting up, the middle class is melting down.

Whale Vomit posted:

WTF is a melt up? Did Garrison leave his crayons and graph paper too near the stove and have an epiphany?

it's a real (and dumb) term for an asset bubble
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/melt-up.asp

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Iron Crowned posted:

Tried to grab the cum pass, but it slipped through.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I forgot this was the year of the cum pass. That made politoons acceptable for awhile.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

seiferguy posted:

I forgot this was the year of the cum pass. That made politoons acceptable for awhile.

drat, that was this year? Seems so long ago.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

the_steve posted:

drat, that was this year? Seems so long ago.

Linear time is an illusion.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
his comics are just a collection of symbols I honestly don't think garrison puts any thought into. oh the money clown has his pinky in the air! there are people on this planet who look at that as a master stroke! "Did you see the pinky on the money clown? holy gently caress any day now!!"
meanwhile, for him, it's just a job. what a pathetic wretch of a man he is.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Linear time is an illusion.

It's really Jeremy Bearamy.

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
Look, we have all seen the time knife.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Geez, that's practically a Garrison cartoon.

(and before you point it out: yes, Trump did send, and later delete, a tweet where he claimed part of his presidency was "stollen" by the investigations.)

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ben Garrison is like a parody of himself, everything he draws feels like an over the top spoof mocking his own ideals but nope he's being totally sincere and truly believes this stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Selachian posted:

(and before you point it out: yes, Trump did send, and later delete, a tweet where he claimed part of his presidency was "stollen" by the investigations.)

I thought he wasn't allowed to delete tweets