Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Driving the wife to the airport in 4 hours. This decade is going to suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Happy New Year all you Fellow Football Freaks

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

a neat cape posted:

First controversial opinion of the new decade:

for an Anime, Inuyasha isn't that bad.

It's pretty boring, even for a shojo.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Happy New Year fellow goons!!!!!!

a neat cape posted:

I haven't seen it since high school. Not sure it would hold up

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you cut out all the filler, which I think Inuyasha is about 75% by volume. It might be ok.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I went to bed last night at ten and I’m still tired.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I was up late and the twins woke up at 6.

I'm gonna need all the coffee.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I don’t think I’ve stayed up until midnight for New Years as an adult

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
I am on call so worked till 1 am and then had my first call come in at 7:45 so that's how I am ringing in the new year.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Ehud posted:

I don’t think I’ve stayed up until midnight for New Years as an adult

i fell asleep a half hour before midnight

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice

Vertical Lime posted:

i fell asleep a half hour before midnight

Same. Happy late New Year everyone.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Was up until 1:30 last night, which is the latest I’ve been up since my kid was born. Luckily, he slept until 7:15 allowing me a little bit of sleep. Slight headache, and I’ll definitely need a nap at some point.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Mel Was Right
https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1211905099091464193

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The fact that Ben Shapiro likes Star Wars at all is proof you shouldn’t care about or watch the movies

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
How do Nazis feel when they watch Star Wars? Do they still identify with and root for the Rebels against the evil empire without realizing the irony?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Morning all, I am rocking in the new year by watching Airheads on Hulu.

Edit: only in opening credits and holy poo poo Michael Mckean is in this!

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
My daughter slept in till 8 which was amazing.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How do Nazis feel when they watch Star Wars? Do they still identify with and root for the Rebels against the evil empire without realizing the irony?

No, you see, the Evil Empire is actually the Demo-rats and the Deep State

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rise of the Skywalker is a film written by someone who failed world history and comparative religions due to sketching in their notebook van art of wizards

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Barudak posted:

Rise of the Skywalker is a film written by someone who failed world history and comparative religions due to sketching in their notebook van art of wizards

Van art wizards are rad though.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Jesus christ, the forum can't stole eating itself until we purify everyone who doesn't think exactly like us. Can it?

a neat cape posted:

I'm glad you're back, ross.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
God it's like what all my Star Wars nerd coworkers (who are all mostly mid to late 30s white dudes) have been saying; though oddly they think TLJ is good they just don't think it flows together with TFA and ROS

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Van art wizards are rad though.

Yet they make terrible 3 hour movies

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

all these announcements about forum drama seem stupid as hell

just don't be an rear end in a top hat why is that so hard

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ehud posted:

all these announcements about forum drama seem stupid as hell

just don't be an rear end in a top hat why is that so hard

Its in my nature, says the rear end in a top hat as they drown

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Is this still about FYAD?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is this still about FYAD?

Yes and no. Certain forums have a list of 50 secret bigots who are actually mods and they demand admin powers to protect the forums.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Yes and no. Certain forums have a list of 50 secret bigots who are actually mods and they demand admin powers to protect the forums.

...what?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

I'm making a Senator McCarthy joke.

Honestly the whole thing is really confusing and multi-faceted. It's like the forums equivalent of Operation Iraqi Freedom. A short condensing based on my brief reading of some of the threads this is happening in:

●TGRS wants every bigot banned.
●Cspam has a huge list of demands that include the bigot banning but they also want to balkanize from D&D and elect mods of their own choosing.
●In the midst of that you also have people making other reasonable points, but they might have posted in FYAD at one point so posters are convinced actually plants from KiwiFarms.
●Everyone is convinced that KF is doxxing trans posters so police death squads can have a list ready for kristallnacht.
●Many of the supposed FYAD KF crossover posters are just regular posters who have been labeled as communists transphobe bigot fascists.
●FYAD is repeatedly stating that they hate KF and are in no way working with them.
●As of this moment I have not seen a single post doxxing anyone, but it would literally take a judicial inquiry to pour through this whole mess.

I am sure I missed a lot of things, but trying to follow these shenanigans is breaking my brain.

This has all taken place over 2 weeks and because it isn't resolved yet a bunch of cspammers have begun attacking lowtax as a literal nazi because they want every change they suggest to be put into effect immediately. So lowtax responded by getting drunk as gently caress on NYE and bringing the hammer down on a lot of people. Supposedly he was also transphobic in a youtube video, but it is almost 3 hours long and I havent watched it. I havent seen him post anything transphobic yet, but my opinion doesn't matter.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

At KF, they've definitely been reposting pictures of Trans goons that the goons themselves posted. Don't think they put up any PII, but that thread is long as hell and I'm not reading it all because it's full of a bunch of people who are too loving edgy and racist for me.

They also post TB and KM's pictures and I assume real names as well.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The hell is KiwiFarms? Is it a forum of ex Goons who got banned for being too racist?

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
What is KF, TB, and KM?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

No Butt Stuff posted:

At KF, they've definitely been reposting pictures of Trans goons that the goons themselves posted. Don't think they put up any PII, but that thread is long as hell and I'm not reading it all because it's full of a bunch of people who are too loving edgy and racist for me.

They also post TB and KM's pictures and I assume real names as well.

I dont go into KF, so I didnt know. But I'm not surprised. Either way, none of that is proof that FYAD is a pipeline to KF that must be destroyed.

Also, I would gently suggest not posting personal things online if you're scared of them being shared elsewhere. Theres a reason I dont put my face on this forum.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The hell is KiwiFarms?

You're better off not knowing.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Flyin Jim Elbows posted:

What is KF, TB, and KM?

Kiwi Farms is the place for racists and pedos that got kicked out like 10 loving years ago.

KM is Koalas March, the mod for the great race space.

Tb is ?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Tiny Brontosaurus, she of insane histrionics past.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

TB was a prolific member of The Great Race Space who got perma banned because she sent a lot of death threats to people over PM. Now those people may or may not have deserved it I don’t know but the admins didn’t want to deal with the potential headache since it kept happening even after being warned and regular banned many times first.

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
This place isn't dying fast enough

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Flyin Jim Elbows posted:

This place isn't dying fast enough

I like this place a lot and for all it’s fault it’s FAR FAR BETTER than the dregs of the rest of the Internet and new social media spaces. Good god do you realize how good we have it relatively speaking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I like this place a lot and for all it’s fault it’s FAR FAR BETTER than the dregs of the rest of the Internet and new social media spaces. Good god do you realize how good we have it relatively speaking?

Yeah I was mostly just kidding. I can't figure out discord so if this place goes down I guess I won't have anywhere online to talk about football and video games.