Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

lol it was so bad

Yeah but he's not in it very much. I'm not sure what to make of Cillian Murphy, but he does the 1000 yard stare of PTSD pretty well

i love this scene tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs8i4duSJSM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Green Wing is a British comedy that’s goddamn amazing, if fairly weird. League of Gentlemen too, but it skips from fairly weird to what the loving Christ weird real quick.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What other British shows are binge worthy?

The Bodyguard
Derry Girls (Irish)
The Big Fat Quiz Show (annual quiz panel show, you can find them on Youtube)
Foyle's War

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Bodyguard was great until the final episode when it went full stupid.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Master Stur posted:

Ah gently caress I forgot about that. I've only seen the movies though

Monty Python's Flying Circus has the benefit of not being quoted to death by people with no other social qualities, and there are some amazing gems of sketches in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP0sqRMzkwo

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Abugadu posted:

Monty Python's Flying Circus has the benefit of not being quoted to death by people with no other social qualities, and there are some amazing gems of sketches in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP0sqRMzkwo

I read a history of Monty Python that said one reason the show was so funny was that they never tried to have an ending for the skit and just stopped when it stopped being funny even if it made no sense to stop there

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

first post itt

time is a flat circle y'all

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1080237849843245056
https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1080238285518237696
https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1080273168571482113
https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1080273522646233088

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Bodyguard was great until the final episode when it went full stupid.

Yeah, the end was loving out there. It was still a good show with great performances,

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Skip arm day? No one in history has skipped arm day.

I loving hate arm day. Legs and back rule.

I have a hosed up elbow (broke in 4 places when I was a kid) so arm lifts never get better, really, due to a hosed up RoM.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

n+1 had an article about beto, he doesn't sound great tbh.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
dont like abs but i do love me arm, shoulder & rear end days. squats are good n all but my wife has never commented on my squat numbers and only my arms/shoulders/rear end so welp

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I read a history of Monty Python that said one reason the show was so funny was that they never tried to have an ending for the skit and just stopped when it stopped being funny even if it made no sense to stop there

Yeah they have one skit that's an explicit takedown of punchline-based jokes/skits.

Monty Python owns and Flying Circus was recently added to Netflix, I gotta sit down and watch that sometime.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh god I forgot The Detectorists.

Do not skip out on The Detectorists. It is lovely and wistful and sad but not too sad and so worthwhile.

Also: Father Ted, which is Irish not British but in the same general comedic realm.

Oh and for an older gem, The Vicar of Dibley holds up even though "oh my god, a female priest???" isn't really a shocking thing anymore.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I guess we already knew Louis CK was going full chud, but loving hell.

https://twitter.com/MattTheGweat/status/1079979750045696001?s=19

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

seiferguy posted:

The most curious vote to me is Ross voting 3...

Took two points off for all the politics echo chambering

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Athanatos posted:

If you mean all burritos posted must be artisan, yes.

If you mean people previously knocked out of threads, also yes.

why the gently caress did i rate that thread at all

i think i misclicked going back to the forum directory

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Master Stur posted:

dont like abs but i do love me arm, shoulder & rear end days. squats are good n all but my wife has never commented on my squat numbers and only my arms/shoulders/rear end so welp

I noticed more gains in my 6 pack doing deadlifts and squats heavier than I did doing targeted abs.

Even now with a good 3 kgs packed on from beer and Christmas eating I can see mine.

I cant remember the stand up who talked about nice arms but look at arms as a set of tits. Every woman got boobs, but some women got a set of titties. I call my arm day vanity day because that's kinda what it is but who cares. Having good arms is good.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Roasted a 5.5lb boneless leg of lamb using this recipe except all we had was potatoes for the veggies. It took an extra 45 minutes to get up to temp, so the potatoes were overcooked, but otherwise it came out OK. My wife was not a big fan of the red pepper flakes in the rub but I liked it. I suspect the lamb didn't come up to room temp although I did let it sit out for an hour.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

welcome back to work everyone

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ehud posted:

One more day at home for me because these bougie rear end schools don't open back up until tomorrow.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Why the gently caress is Japan MTV playing talking heads? This isnt an Im upset what the gently caress for the record

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ehud posted:

Feels good getting back to normal. Christmas/New Year's week is a grind anymore.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ehud posted:

I'm not ready

:negative:

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Ehud posted:

oh god my inbox

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

No Butt Stuff posted:

One more day at home for me because these bougie rear end schools don't open back up until tomorrow.
The schools are only open for Thursday and Friday? Those kids and those teachers ain't gonna do poo poo.

I might go to work today, definitely tomorrow. Had a two day work week last week as well.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Cash Monet posted:

oh god my inbox

843 Unread for me. This is after I cleared it out a couple times while I was off. Last time I did it was last Wednesday though.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Good lord I only had like 12 because I aggressively keep up even on vacation

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
198, at least half of which I was able to delete without even reading. This is having not checked my inbox since 12/14.

Either I'm no longer important or I've mastered staying off of people's radars and/or diverting my work to others. I guess we'll find out at my year-end review next week!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I normally do too but I was so burned out on work that I actively avoided it while I was gone. I don't actually have to do anything with it because I have people that work for/with me that handled stuff while I was gone, but sorting through/filing it is going to be a bitch.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Woooo, only 12 unread emails because I worked Monday

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kalli posted:

Woooo, only 12 unread emails because I worked Monday

I haven't checked since December 22nd.

I can't wait

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah i can’t go a day without checking work emails.

In November i was in the hospital for 3 days and didn’t check. 250+ and my anxiety was off the charts. Some of you guys are iron men or amazing at time management because unread emails just overwhelm.

It’s likely a direct correlation with what you must do in result of the emails

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Office was being remodeled during December so today is my first day back in the office after almost a month of work from home. Not a fan at all.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Due to poor (excellent?) planning, I'm still out on vacation for another 2 days

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1080488900890628101?s=21

drat

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah i can’t go a day without checking work emails.

In November i was in the hospital for 3 days and didn’t check. 250+ and my anxiety was off the charts. Some of you guys are iron men or amazing at time management because unread emails just overwhelm.

It’s likely a direct correlation with what you must do in result of the emails

Maybe it's just a matter of course for my industry, but I have to accessible 24/7 unless I'm on vacation. It's not unusual for an architect, board member, private client or inspector to call, text or email at odd hours.

We have a 4 hour reply window policy, and a chain of redundant checks to make sure it happens, but ultimately it's me or one of my brothers who are responsible

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I came in for one day in between the holidays. It was great because I cleared out my inbox, so work isn't too bad right now. Hard to get motivated though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
76 is an excellent run for anyone connected to pro wrestling as far as I can tell, even if he never wrestled.

Huh, he did wrestle at one point I guess? :rip: Mean Gene.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

76 is an excellent run for anyone connected to pro wrestling as far as I can tell, even if he never wrestled.

Huh, he did wrestle at one point I guess? :rip: Mean Gene.

I don't think he wrestled that much, but I could be wrong. Dude was a voice of my childhood for sure though.

Just the perfect flopsweat guy to stand near wrestlers as they ranted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Y'all's email load sounds painful to me. I end up with around 30 a day but the vast majority of those are completely irrelevant city wide emails. Even the ones that do effect my department often mean near nothing to my specific work group. About 2 emails a day are actually relevant to me so most of my interaction in outlook is just ferreting out those 2 emails then having in person conversations with the necessary coworkers. And for those of you triggered by the in person part, I'm not hunting down coworkers at their desk or anything. We're constantly interacting in person with one another as an aspect of the job. It's just easier to chat the next time we're together than write out an email.

Man, I probably wrote less than 40 work emails last year.