Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Wonder if they paid £1 over the release clause

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I wish he'd gently caress off OP

Unfortunately I think he has gone full Chamakh: when Chamakh wasn't getting a game at Arsenal his old club (Bordeaux?) Got in touch asking if he fancied a loan back to which his reply was 'I'm living in London earning a fortune, why would I want to move?'

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I’m thrilled Crouch will be back in the PL

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I’m thrilled Crouch will be back in the PL

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Barreca is a done deal. Any serie a folks have an opinion?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
monaco are going to get relegated and he couldn't break into their team lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

leeds are paying £1.5m to take dan james on loan from swansea and will pay another £8.5m to make it permanent if they go up. sassassin is going to meltdown

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

monaco are going to get relegated and he couldn't break into their team lol

We had another lightweight LB from serie a before, what could possibly go wrong

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Atletico Madrid has made the loan of Jonny Otto to wolves a permanent deal presumably to fund the purchase of Morata.

Would like to see Wolves pick up another striker, still, but Otto is a quality player we’ve now locked up long term.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Barreca is a done deal. Any serie a folks have an opinion?

He was decent to good a couple years ago at Torino but I don't think he's played for like a year?

E: oh because he signed for Monaco lol

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jan 31, 2019

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

He was decent to good a couple years ago at Torino but I don't think he's played for like a year?

E: oh because he signed for Monaco lol

Yeah he never played for Monaco

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/NUFC/status/1090980679742033920

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Crystal Palace have had a few links today with Saido Berahino lol

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Wonder what the relegation release clause is

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Wonder what the relegation release clause is

He has to become the manager

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

He's gonna fall down a lot.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Shrapnig posted:

He's gonna fall down a lot.

yeah he's tiny

I also remember how good Are Jozy was in mls so I'm gonna hang back on the ridiculous levels of fawning going on on twitter rn

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

kcer posted:

yeah he's tiny

I also remember how good Are Jozy was in mls so I'm gonna hang back on the ridiculous levels of fawning going on on twitter rn

Jozy scored a lot of MLS level garbage goals and was helped by Giovinco and others that were there to do the real work. This guy is closer to Giovinco than Jozy imo. His size is going to be what limits him I think.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Giovinco also got shuttled off the Middle East and is not happy about it

quote:

As I have always maintained, I was hoping to renew my contract and finish my playing career in a city that feels like home.

For the 2 years I have been seeking to extend my contract, however management was reluctant. Recently, after refusing to exercise the club option for 2020, I was offered terms that I deemed unacceptable.

They may say I left for a more lucrative deal, but this is not the case.

After having grown the brand and elevating the overall reputation of TFC both at home and abroad, it seems I no longer serve a purpose. I would have accepted less to stay in Toronto.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

He scored 13 goals in 37 games and was name in the league Best XI. Does MLS not have any better strikers

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Jozy scored a lot of MLS level garbage goals and was helped by Giovinco and others that were there to do the real work. This guy is closer to Giovinco than Jozy imo. His size is going to be what limits him I think.

Jozy got his Premier League move by scoring lots of goals in Holland which almost always a recipe for disaster.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Vegetable posted:

He scored 13 goals in 37 games and was name in the league Best XI. Does MLS not have any better strikers

Almiron isn't a striker, he's more of a number 10 who plays off of the left.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Vegetable posted:

In the best XI as a midfielder because he’s not a striker?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Welp my bad, the Newcastle tweet called him a forward.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Anthony Martial's 5 year extension is now official. So loving delighted he's committed his future to United.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Vegetable posted:

Welp my bad, the Newcastle tweet called him a forward.

Fwiw he was one of the main reasons Atlanta's striker set the single season scoring record this year.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Gary Cahill tuned down an offer to be Chiellini's injury replacement for a few weeks.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
almiron's probably been the best ever player in MLS.

i will leave it to the reader to interpret that as they will

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he doesn't actually break the transfer record yet. its £16m upfront rising to £21m depending on performance

apparently we're trying to get rondon on loan for next season as well with jacob murphy going to west brom for the rest of this season. He's out of contract after next season though so i'd be surprised if they did that instead of selling him

Jose fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jan 31, 2019

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Udinese may sign...Tom Huddlestone?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

CyberPingu posted:

Felani is being sold to Shandong Luneng then. No done deal yet but an agreement has been reached

he slept, he stole, he elbowed fellow professionals in the head, but there goes the greatest belgian heskey the premier league ever saw

fly true little bird

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
He was a good lad who meant well but lol that contract and lol most of the time he played

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

trem_two posted:

Gary Cahill tuned down an offer to be Chiellini's injury replacement for a few weeks.

Came in here to do a big lol at this. Don’t know what’s worse, that we went to Cahill or that Cahill turned us down.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Juve should unironically play Mandzukic at CB if there's a shortage. He'd do great.

Or is he hurt too? I can't remember.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

julian assflange posted:

He was a good lad who meant well but lol that contract and lol most of the time he played

It’s #2 on my list of man utd contracts to lol about

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Juve should unironically play Mandzukic at CB if there's a shortage. He'd do great.

Or is he hurt too? I can't remember.

Like most Juve players that can defend, he is.

Although I think he started training again this week.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Crouchy's back, baby

https://twitter.com/BurnleyOfficial/status/1091048506528288773

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Belgian media are clamining Yannick Bolasie is going on loan to Anderlecht. Sounds pretty crazy to me.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I'll miss Crouch but he's 38 and doesn't really offer much any more. Pleased for him that he's got one last crack at the premier league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

:bisonyes: