Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I just looked at a google translated polish site and apparently he wasn’t getting games so they let him go so that he could keep getting selected for Poland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
boo

https://twitter.com/lee_ryder/status/1081142903433502722

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1081170076181676033

So I'm guessing Liverpool might be in the market for another defender.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Weird move considering no one really anticipating much Jan activity.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Really not a fan of relying on Bert or Milner to cover left back, particularly given how much work Robertson gets through

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
Timothy Fosu-Mensah has been hosed off back to Pooshited on account of being terrible at everything, which apparently means we can sign Gary Cahill on loan. This is... fine? I guess?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Apparently Solanke's off to Bournemouth for £19m, proving they've learned nothing from the Ibe debacle.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I feel like signing a guy on a free, not playing him for a year, and then selling him for a bunch of money is something that should only happen in FM

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Diva Cupcake posted:

Weird move considering no one really anticipating much Jan activity.

Clyne’s probably desperate for playing time and starts and only has a year and a half left on his contract. Given Klopp’s willingness to let players who want to leave go (like with the Coutinho saga or the Sturridge loan), this move doesn’t really surprise me.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

tarbrush posted:

Apparently Solanke's off to Bournemouth for £19m, proving they've learned nothing from the Ibe debacle.

Lmao

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1081218762056105989?s=19

loving hell, done deal in what seems like 20 minutes

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/JonnyGabriel/status/1081217849962782721?s=19

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
1 goal = 19 million £

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lmao. good business that.

bewbies posted:

I feel like signing a guy on a free, not playing him for a year, and then selling him for a bunch of money is something that should only happen in FM

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Mad that deal. Solanke's barely showed anything that proves he's worthy of being £19m. What a guy Mike Edwards is.

The Clyne one I'm a bit hosed off with tbh. If this winter period has proven anything it's that we're very light in defence (still).

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Given that Moreno has thrown his toys out of the pram, and there's apparently interest in him, I loosely assume we'll be buying a left back? I don't think any of the yoof are close?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Reprisal posted:

1 goal = 19 million £

To pair up with 1 goal = £15m Jordon Ibe.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

1.46 Michael Owens

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Reprisal posted:

1 goal = 19 million £

Considering Pulisic has 3 (three) goals this season apparently this is the actual going rate now

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Strawman posted:

1.46 Michael Owens

1.46 Shaqiri for a closer inflation-adjusted comp.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

1.46 Shaqiri for a closer inflation-adjusted comp.

:getin:

I actually think he's going to be a good player and would rather have kept him than Origi, but that's a really good price and he wasn't going to get the time he needed to develop here.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao 19mil for Dominic "here lies Dominic Solanke he never scored scored once" Solanke

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

tarbrush posted:

Given that Moreno has thrown his toys out of the pram, and there's apparently interest in him, I loosely assume we'll be buying a left back? I don't think any of the yoof are close?

Aside from some sensationally written headlines, I haven’t seen anything showing that Moreno clocked out. He’ll be with Liverpool until at least the end of the season and he’ll get playing time.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Clyne has gone to Bournemouth on loan as well.

Mad.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Strawman posted:

1.46 Michael Owens

£3m more than newcastles record transfer lol

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Leon Britton signed for Llanelli Town as a pr stunt because his legs are knackered.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Apparently Adrien Rabiot is leaving PSG for Barcelona in the summer. This can't go wrong, as his agent is his mother and he refused to play for the national team over "misuse of his talents" right before the French team went on to win the World Cup, lmao.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Has Real Madrid signed any cool players yet and sold Bale & Benzema

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Has godin fallen off a cliff or is he going to the be the centerpiece of the treble winning arsenal side of 2019-2020?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jason Sextro posted:

Apparently Adrien Rabiot is leaving PSG for Barcelona in the summer. This can't go wrong, as his agent is his mother and he refused to play for the national team over "misuse of his talents" right before the French team went on to win the World Cup, lmao.

I keep confusing Adrien Rabiot with Adil Rami

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Gonna regret letting clyne go midseason

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

tarbrush posted:

Leave Chillwell alone, damnit

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Has godin fallen off a cliff or is he going to the be the centerpiece of the treble winning arsenal side of 2019-2020?

He's fallen off a cliff or is he going to the be the centerpiece of the trouble winning arsenal side of 2019-2020

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

You'll never live this down, I mixed up Heiðar Helguson and Hermann Hreiðarsson and had to move schools like the frosties kid :smith:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

One of them fucks Pamela Anderson and the other gets hosed by his own mother.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

What a bizarre world we live in

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
drat, Liverpool rinsing Bournemouth for $34 million pounds at the cost of 2 goals, well played

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
They should be happy overpaying for Brooks worked out and stop pushing their luck buying "potential".

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Wasn't Brooks fairly cheap anyway?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Bogan Krkic posted:

Wasn't Brooks fairly cheap anyway?

£12m for a Sheffield United squad player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Shrapnig posted:

I thought Pammy drained all his youthful seed to get over the menopause then chucked him IIRC.

Papers saying Denis Suarez from Barca to Arsenal for £20m, which is interesting but not the most urgent area we need to address.