Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Not sure Liverpool are going to sign anyone. There were talks about getting in another center back with the injuries to Matip and Gomez but I think both of those weren't as bad as first feared so we'll probably make do until they're back. There's been some talk about Rabiot but I'm not entirely sure how concrete they are - the reports are all coming from the French side so it might be a case of trying to drum up some interest. The only other thing we've been linked to is an early deal for some kind of attacker to come in the summer. Pulisic and Werner are the most obvious candidates and the rumours just won't go away. It's the kind of deal Klopp likes and with a bit of an exodus expected in the summer (Sturridge and Origi are both expected to leave) we do need backup in that area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Real Name Grover posted:

Figure of speech — but don't tell me that having the most popular American soccer player won't be a boon to Chelsea's popularity stateside.

To what end? I mean, shirt sales don't go into the hands of the club really, so having a bunch more American plastics isn't really going to matter in that regards. They're not going to be going to the games. Does TV viewership matter? Not really. I suppose they can get a good pre-season tour out of it.

Buying players to supposedly "increase foreign support" or whatever has always seemed weird to me. I've never seen any real evidence that it does the club any favours over, you know, actually being good at football.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

gtkor posted:

Would not make a ton of sense with Leno moving over not that long ago

Arsenal need a good keeper though

Solanke's move to Palace has supposedly fallen through because Big Dom isn't actually fit and Palace need goals immediately. There's talk that Schalke are interested though.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Mad that deal. Solanke's barely showed anything that proves he's worthy of being £19m. What a guy Mike Edwards is.

The Clyne one I'm a bit hosed off with tbh. If this winter period has proven anything it's that we're very light in defence (still).

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Clyne has gone to Bournemouth on loan as well.

Mad.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Bundy posted:

This also had a lot to do with them selling him and keeping one noted trashman Emre Can on the books.

What's he up to at Juve anyway? There's usually something about ex-Liverpool players floating around in my internet circles but I've seen literally nothing about Can.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Gigi Galli posted:

Not playing, for the most part.

Is it injury related or just because he's got a horrendous first touch and the turning circle of a glacier?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Yeah that sounds about right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Did someone actually play real legitimate money for Lazar Markovic