Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Regarding United and Sanchez as much as I enjoyed his doing nothing, being a bitter Arsenal fan, I reckon he'll look a lot better in a system that is about fast attacking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Shrapnig posted:

One of them fucks Pamela Anderson and the other gets hosed by his own mother.

I thought Pammy drained all his youthful seed to get over the menopause then chucked him IIRC.

Papers saying Denis Suarez from Barca to Arsenal for £20m, which is interesting but not the most urgent area we need to address.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
If Juve can get it into Ramsey's head that his best ever season was when he kept it simple and was arriving into the box at the right times he will be an absolute steal. However after that it seems he wanted to be the equal of Bale and started doing bullshit like backheel passes that turn over possesion four times a match.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Rumour was Emery pitched Ramsey as the star in his system when he interviewed for the job so gently caress knows what has gone on behind the scenes that sees both him and Özil out of the starting XI most games.

I'd love either of them to stay and have an amazing season but I think maybe they both need to go as the best thing for both parties. Feels a bit like you know both of them will be great at their next clubs but not so good if they stay at Arsenal.

Fair enough Ramsey has been good when playing this season but the cynic in me thinks that's the old shop window effect.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Is Miguel Almiron good? I only became aware of him this week due to playing FM 19 Mobile and suddenly every decent kid on that game is in the papers linked with a move (Militao, De Ligt etc).

Like from what I can tell he is a loving beast in the MLS but I don't know how that translates these days.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Yannick Carrasco to the Arse is a thing doing the rounds now.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Hector Herrera to Arsenal on a free rumoured today, as a replacement for Ramsey. Is he better/worse/the same as the Welsh wonder crock?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Emery just said in a press conference Arsenal can only make loan signings this window :allears:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Mind-blowing to me that Arsenal isn't trying to strengthen in order to finish in the top 4. They're 6 points out of 4th and both Chelsea and Spurs are absolutely capable of finishing 5th.

Read an article today that basically said (as others have pointed out) Arsenal are hosed by the wage bill and the fact there are rules in the Premier League that dictate what you can do with your wage bill which are actually effective unlike the FFP bullshit.

£7m extra on the wage bill a year gets you Welbeck and Mhikitaryan. United have got around this because SAF burned the. Into the global conciousness and for all his wankery Woodward has coined it in big time commercially which supports the spending.

Sanhelli is supposed to be addressing the mismanagement that has been hamstringing us for years regarding poor contract management but yet to see if he walks the walk: Arsenal are the worst of the big 6 sides at selling players on by some margin, City and Liverpool have sold players on that have done nothing or very little in the league for the same amount or more than we have moved on players with over 100 league appearances.

Part of this is because Wenger tried to be fair and pay all the players similar wages so you end up with poo poo players clubs don't want to pay a big fee for because of their wage demands. Another part of it is because we continually allow players to get to a stage where they have all the control in deals weakening our hand significantly (Ramsey today, Nasri, RvP 'yesterday').

Add in an uninterested owner and it's a perfect storm.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Jose posted:

wasn't walcott on like £120k a week

Yeah cos he threatened to leave and then even though noone else wanted him we shat our pants, paid him £120k a week and started him up front, letting him take all set pieces until it was painfully obvious he is just that kid in the playground who can win a foot race chasing a ball but isn't actually a footballer.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Arsenal Head of Recruitment Sven Mislentat (aka Diamond Eye, the man who spotted all those Dortmund players) is to leave the club because he feels his position is untenable. Which is reassuring.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
James Rodriguez switching loans from Bayern to Arsenal for £3m is a thing apparently. Papers also say Carrasco can only come if Ozil goes, only team interested in Ozil is Inter if it's a loan where they don't pay all his wages.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Papers linking Liverpool with FM wonderkid Sandro Tonali this morning, is he as good as the hype?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Gigi Galli posted:

Mancini called him up for the senior Italy side a few months afloat even though he's playing in Serie B so he at least sees something in him. It's hard to gauge since he's never played in the top league of any country. Would be a gamble but so was Verratti when he was playing at Pescara.

He's linked with Roma too, am I right in assuming he's gonna favour staying in Italy?

Cardiff have had a request for special dispensation to sign players beyond the transfer window denied by the Premier League.

My home town club Barrow AFC of the conference national just sold their keeper Andy Firth to Stevie G's Rangers :monocle:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Ornstein claiming Perisic to Arsenal now :allears:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Malcom now linked with Arsenal, not sure if he was ever any good or just carrying the hype a brazilian kid with a single name does.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Denis Suarez to Arsenal on loan is a done deal.

Edit: :argh:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Apparently Özil turned down a loan move to PSG :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I wish he'd gently caress off OP

Unfortunately I think he has gone full Chamakh: when Chamakh wasn't getting a game at Arsenal his old club (Bordeaux?) Got in touch asking if he fancied a loan back to which his reply was 'I'm living in London earning a fortune, why would I want to move?'