Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Would not make a ton of sense with Leno moving over not that long ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Blue Star Error posted:

Aarons is quality and destined for a bigger club than Norwich but I doubt it happens this window. We have no need to sell right now and if we don't get promoted its not like his price will be any lower in summer. I reckon its just press talk, big clubs must send scouts to watch every teenager getting minutes in the Championship but don't bid of most of them. Haven't Spurs got the second coming of Kyle Walker as their future right back anyway?

Poch won't give Kyle Walker-Peters minutes. Honestly there really doesn't seem to be any real need for Spurs to be messing around with Aarons unless he will be better than Aurier in short order.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

I think part of it is that all 3 of those teams don't currently have the capacity to spend much more. Chelsea seem to be reigning in spending (canceled the stadium plans) and Spurs are tied with their own stadium issues. Arsenal probably should be trying to spend, but the wage bill is out of line currently and they might just be hoping Emery can get them over the line like Wenger did for so many years.

I realize Pulisic goes against this a little bit, but Chelsea are making money off player trading currently iirc. The days of Roman throwing money out on a whim seem to be over for the moment.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

AJ_Impy posted:

Mousa Dembele to Guangzhou for £11M is a done deal. Good for all parties, Dembele was undroppable a couple of seasons ago but injuries took their toll.

They also did a pretty positive send off for him on most of the club social media. I can't really remember another player doing essentially an exit interview like that

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

It's almost as if Spurs saw Chelsea bringing in a washed up forward from Italy and thought, nope we can do worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

What position does he play?

He will probably play on the wing