Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Arsenal apparently have no money, and Aaron Ramsey is going to go to one of the big European clubs on a free. It’s very cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I just looked at a google translated polish site and apparently he wasn’t getting games so they let him go so that he could keep getting selected for Poland.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Mr Snips posted:

It was rumoured to be around £250,000 a week, which doesn't exactly seem a good deal when Emery is only ever playing one of Ramsey or Ozil, who is looking even worse value for £300,000 a week

I suspect this is the real issue. I rate Ramsey and Ozil, but Arsenal are in a transitional period and the team has a lot of needs, and I’m not sure that pinning all your hopes to Mesut Ozil and Aaron Ramsey is the best idea moving forward.

That said, it’s ridiculous that they’re losing Ramsey on a free. He should have been sold in the summer. I expect Ozil will stick around like a virus as collects his big fat paycheck for not doing very much at all.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Mr Snips posted:

It was rumoured to be around £250,000 a week, which doesn't exactly seem a good deal when Emery is only ever playing one of Ramsey or Ozil, who is looking even worse value for £300,000 a week

I just saw that Mhkitaryan is apparently on 200k per week. I had no clue he was getting anything close to that. He’s looking less and less like a decent transfer.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bea Nanner posted:

That’s been common knowledge for ages. Free transfer and all that. Nearly half of what Alexis was asking for.

I guess he just never struck me as a player who would merit those kind of wages.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Brendan Rodgers posted:

So Arsenal's owner doesn't put money in and they are giving their players away for free. What's the plan here going forwards?

Supposedly there will be money available in the summer. But I suspect the real problem here is the wage bill, and that they’ve avoided re-signing Ramsey and are chasing out Ozil so that they can bring in players that fit the system Emery wants to play.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
According to Ornstein, Emery has told Ozil that it would be better if he left Arsenal, and Ozil doesn’t want to leave because he’s making all of the money.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I really expected him to have a cigarette in his mouth when he was revealed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

sassassin posted:

They're 15th in a two horse race. I wouldn't go there as a player right now.

Didn’t they used to be good? What happened?