Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Chelsea signed Pulisic.

Edit: beaten, so for content - do they even really need another attacking midfielder? Seems like they love laying down money on players they wont use.

Myssu fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Jan 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I'm not sure why everyone is so meh about Pulisic. He's easily in the top 10 to 20 players under 23 in world football right now.

There are 4 wide attacking players at Chelsea currently, of which 2 are old and should be phased out, and the other 2 have 18 months left on their contracts and haven't signed new deals yet.

I imagine if this transfer had been announced 6 months ago when Pulisic was in form, people would be much less critical

I've only seen him play a few times, which is the only real way to gauge a player, so feel free to disregard my opinion - but his numbers arent exactly stellar. I'm sure he's good and will develop well, he's only 20, but 58m is a lot of cash for 4 goals and 6 assists in the Bundesliga last year (when he was in form, I guess?)

The signing is less of a mystery to me on being reminded that Willian and Pedro are getting on a bit, and Hazard is probably off to Madrid, but I can't help feeling that there would be a lot less excitement about Pulisic if he was from Croatia.