Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
It is a lot for him, and the prospect of selling shirts in the USA no doubt factored in, but that doesn't mean it won't be a good move for him/Chelsea in the long run.

Also:

https://twitter.com/honigstein/status/1080473889619218433

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Mickolution posted:

That is and always has been a myth.

Figure of speech — but don't tell me that having the most popular American soccer player won't be a boon to Chelsea's popularity stateside.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

At this point I’d say the Americans who follow the national team but not the EPL are not going to be convinced to start following Chelsea. If you’re watching the national team, odds are you’re watching the EPL already since it is much more accessible with the NBC deal.

I'm an American who follows the EPL, but I don't actively watch matches every weekend. I'll tune into Chelsea matches on the regular if he's likely to play.

Real Name Grover fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jan 2, 2019

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
This level of move is unprecedented for an American. All I'm saying is that it factored into that transfer fee.

Speaking of American moves, check out this sweet graphic ESPN tweeted (and has since deleted)

Only registered members can see post attachments!