Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Apparently Adrien Rabiot is leaving PSG for Barcelona in the summer. This can't go wrong, as his agent is his mother and he refused to play for the national team over "misuse of his talents" right before the French team went on to win the World Cup, lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

trem_two posted:

Balotelli finally agreed to a contract with Marseille...for six months.

just enough for Raiola to get that payout, I'm sure

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Anyone who signs him is an idiot

He withdrew himself from consideration from the World Cup squad because Didier Deschamps "didn't use him properly" and his mother is his agent. There is no upside to having him on your team that another midfielder that's less of a head case can't provide.

bewbies posted:

holy christ monaco is in a relegation spot? lol

They're less than three points from the bottom spot. In their aggressive bid to "buy young, sell high" they've offloaded all of their good veterans to develop youth that, it turns out, are not panning out. From their title-winning side, they've gotten rid of: Thomas Lemar, Bernardo Silva, Joao Moutinho, Fabinho, Tiemoue Bakayoko, Valere Germain, Kylian Mbappe and Benjamin Mendy. That list contains their entire first team midfield.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Mancini called him up for the senior Italy side a few months afloat even though he's playing in Serie B so he at least sees something in him. It's hard to gauge since he's never played in the top league of any country. Would be a gamble but so was Verratti when he was playing at Pescara.

I think Riyad Mahrez was in France's second-tier when he transferred to Leicester but they might have been in the Championship as well, so I suppose that's not the same.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Blasmeister posted:

While the results have been mixed, Puel’s been pushing hard to get the average age of the team down, which is admirable. Hopefully we don’t go full Monaco in the process

I think Puel does better with younger teams. A lot of his best results in France came that way, although I know the Premier League is obviously different.