Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

quote:

Neil Warnock called Liverpool a “disgrace” and accused them of lacking class after Cardiff missed out on the signing of Nathaniel Clyne. The Cardiff manager claimed he was promised the right-back on loan before discovering on television he had joined Bournemouth on Friday.

Warnock gave Clyne his professional debut at Crystal Palace in 2008 and was also critical of the player. “To see it on television when I’ve done everything right and they’ve promised that he’s my player this week, for me it’s a disgrace and just a lack of class,” said Warnock after his team were knocked out of the FA Cup by the League One side Gillingham.

“What I was disappointed in is having known Nathaniel …to not get a phone call from Nathaniel or from Liverpool, I thought that stank. I thought it was a disappointment, a lack of class, call it what you want.

“When you are waiting and doing it properly, I think you deserve respect and I don’t think they showed us any.”

Clyne, an England international, made his debut for Bournemouth during their 3-1 FA Cup defeat at home to Brighton. Warnock claimed he missed out on three other potential loan players as he waited for the Clyne deal to be completed.

“I probably should have been illegally tapping him up or something like that, shouldn’t I?” he added.

“But I did everything right and Bournemouth came in. I suppose Bournemouth, paying £19m for [Dominic] Solanke, it might just have whetted their appetite a bit.

“I’ve lost out on three players because of that by waiting. I lost out on a couple of full-backs and a striker because I couldn’t use the loan up. I’m doubly disappointed really.

“Listen, we don’t get any favours, we’re not going to get any favours, whether it’s on the pitch or off it. We are always up against it.”

Liverpool were contacted but made no comment.

Warnock throwing a proper fit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
If Ramsey signed a new contract with Arsenal he'd have a freak injury right after that would keep him out for a year. That's just Arsenal facts.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
He's basically a permacrock at this point, so getting some money for him when the contract is up in the summer seems fine.

He had told the club that he wanted to go to China because his body can't handle the premier league anymore and I guess he wants that one big paycheck to retire on.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
€30m profit for half a season is pretty good business.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/AS_Monaco_EN/status/1088507154791911424

RIP Thierry. You were given a poo poo job and couldn't succeed.

Time to go back to Sky or whatever.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/Inter_en/status/1089214217964666885

:confused:

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

a right back from Southampton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU