Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Real Name Grover posted:

It is a lot for him, and the prospect of selling shirts in the USA no doubt factored in, but that doesn't mean it won't be a good move for him/Chelsea in the long run.

That is and always has been a myth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

hadji murad posted:

Another striker legend along with Sheva, Torres, Falcao, Morata, and Sutton.

Crespo, Eto.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

hadji murad posted:

Crespo was okay. Would add Ba but that one goal of his....

Crespo scored 20 in 49, which is more than I thought, but you'd expect better from him. It's more that they sent him on loan twice in that period.

I looked up Torres to compare and he scored 20 in 110. Had no idea he played more league games for Chelsea than he did at Liverpool. Would have thought half that!

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Brony Car posted:

How many of those were appearances as a substitute?

Probably a lot, I'm just going by wiki which doesn't mention that. In my head, he was with us for much longer, but it was the same length of time.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

hadji murad posted:

Good list! Anelka did bang them in during Ancelottis title win.

Yeah, he was top scorer one year.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

actually while youre here ninpo, as i often do i was having a think the other day about james milner, and given that he played for leeds, city and liverpool, is there a player who's played for more united rivals than him?

Fowler played for those three also. Who else would be classed as a "United rival" on the same level? Arsenal maybe?

poo poo: beaten.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Manc Hill posted:

borderline criminal missed opportunity for Anelka not to have had a lucrative spell at Leeds in the Ridsdale years tbf, he should retroactively sue whoever his agent was at the time for loss of earnings

His agent was his brother, wasn't it? Think it was him always stirring poo poo at every club he was at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Sandwolf posted:

Is there some book or some article written by a pretentious douche about how and why Ajax develop unbelievably good players? They must have one of the most impressive ledgers, I feel like they have never splashed cash themselves no less.

Brilliant Orange is more about Dutch Football in general, but naturally that includes a lot about Ajax. Long time since I read it, but I remember enjoying it.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brilliant-Orange-Neurotic-Genius-Football/dp/0747553106