Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I'm not sure why everyone is so meh about Pulisic. He's easily in the top 10 to 20 players under 23 in world football right now.

There are 4 wide attacking players at Chelsea currently, of which 2 are old and should be phased out, and the other 2 have 18 months left on their contracts and haven't signed new deals yet.

I imagine if this transfer had been announced 6 months ago when Pulisic was in form, people would be much less critical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Looks like it will be a busy window for Chelsea. Batshuayi, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Moses, and Cesc all seem likely to move. And there's also the Morata for Higuaín swap that's been in the papers for a couple weeks

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

sassassin posted:

Who is going to match Drinkwater's insane wages?

Chelsea will have to subsidize his wages for sure, but it sounds like multiple PL clubs are interested

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Mind-blowing to me that Arsenal isn't trying to strengthen in order to finish in the top 4. They're 6 points out of 4th and both Chelsea and Spurs are absolutely capable of finishing 5th.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

gtkor posted:

I think part of it is that all 3 of those teams don't currently have the capacity to spend much more. Chelsea seem to be reigning in spending (canceled the stadium plans) and Spurs are tied with their own stadium issues. Arsenal probably should be trying to spend, but the wage bill is out of line currently and they might just be hoping Emery can get them over the line like Wenger did for so many years.

I realize Pulisic goes against this a little bit, but Chelsea are making money off player trading currently iirc. The days of Roman throwing money out on a whim seem to be over for the moment.

At the moment Chelsea seem likely to bring in Higuain and Paredes, which would be a big boost imo.