Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
diydude2 4 points 2 hours ago

The bull run (which we are already in, by the way) won't even be acknowledged until $100K. They'll say it's a bubble or whatever. Warren Buffett will go on TV and implore people to buy into his Ponzi scheme because Geico and Wells Fargo are somehow "real, wealth-producing businesses (on which we pay no dividends)" but the greatest technological achievement in 1000 years is somehow "rat poison."

At $100K, they will no longer be able to deny that Bitcoin is the future of money.

diydude2 5 points an hour ago

Let me re-phrase in a more diplomatic way:

What will you tell your family when your hungry children ask, "Daddy, why didn't you get Bitcoin when $1000 (enough to buy a cheeseburger in 2023) could have set us up for life? Why were you such a stupid gently caress?"

What will you tell your family when they ask why you were trolling Reddit for 40 bucks an hour instead of mirroring the legendary diydude2's trades and stackin' mad sats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

what is with diydude2's obsession with arranging satellites (mad or otherwise) into piles, and what has he done with the original and superior diydude1

the people want answers

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Daywalker47redditor for 3 months 12 points 1 day ago

If the Fed printing $53 billion out of thin air overnight doesn't underscore the need for Bitcoin, I don't know what will.

Bitcoin's value should be screaming past $100k right now. The fact that it is only $10k makes no sense to me. My guess is Bitcoin's price/value is being heavily suppressed by multiple institutions (The Fed, Central Banks, Wall Street, Governments). They need to keep the "average Joe" working for scraps and taxed to death.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I live on the top floor of my building. I am Daywalker47. Sometimes I'll shout slurs as loud as i can at my bitcoin graphs for my own sanity. I loudly pace constantly around my apartment at all hours, and sometimes i enjoy yodelling.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

EorayMel posted:

I live on the top floor of my building. I am Daywalker47. Sometimes I'll shout slurs as loud as i can at my bitcoin graphs for my own sanity. I loudly pace constantly around my apartment at all hours, and sometimes i enjoy yodelling.

:same:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

diydude2 1 point 2 days ago

The average rich person sees bitcoin as a scam.

This is why the average rich person is "average" at root and therefore undeserving of their wealth. It's also why a whole new breed of much smarter and more deserving rich people is going to take over in the next decade or so.

diydude2 1 point 2 days ago

Let's take that to the logical conclusion, that "greater fool" thing...

If you're a no-coiner and you don't buy Bitcoin until it's worth $500,000 because you were a stubborn dumbass who couldn't see its value, yes, I agree, you will be the greater fool.

I will probably buy my next house directly with BTC, not that it's any of your business. Much easier than dealing with banks, and it will be easy to convince a seller as much.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

diydude2 4 points 2 days ago

Well, "Bitcoin will never go under $10K again" has been true for two weeks. It will remain true forever.

Even when said a month ago, Bitcoin didn't really go much under $10K and didn't stay there for long. 9.6 rounds up to 10.

When Bitcoin never goes under $10K again, will you admit that I know what I'm talking about?

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
so which is it, are bitcoins going to be worth lots of dollars because dollars are worthless, or are they going to be worth lots of dollars because they have tremendous purchasing power?

because if a burger costs $1k, $100k ain't a lot

edit:

...! posted:

When Bitcoin never goes under $10K again, will you admit that I know what I'm talking about?

you know what? sure, diydude. at the end of linear time, I'll be waiting, hat in hand, to allow for the possibility you were not just a lucky lunatic

KnifeWrench fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Sep 20, 2019

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
for two whole weeks bitcoin has been rock solidly above 10k so i can confidently say it will never drop below 10k again

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i mean, i'm no expert coinman

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

i mean, i'm no expert coinman

...! posted:

Well, "Bitcoin will never go under $10K again" has been true for two weeks. It will remain true forever.

Even when said a month ago, Bitcoin didn't really go much under $10K and didn't stay there for long. 9.6 rounds up to 10.

as u can see, going under 10k is the exact same thing as not going under 10k if u think about it

:owned:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

on a log scale 10k and 100k aren't really all that different so we're practically already at 100k if you think about it

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

...! posted:

Daywalker47redditor for 3 months 12 points 1 day ago

If the Fed printing $53 billion out of thin air overnight doesn't underscore the need for Bitcoin, I don't know what will.

Bitcoin's value should be screaming past $100k right now. The fact that it is only $10k makes no sense to me. My guess is Bitcoin's price/value is being heavily suppressed by multiple institutions (The Fed, Central Banks, Wall Street, Governments). They need to keep the "average Joe" working for scraps and taxed to death.

I hope tether gets audited soon.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

...! posted:

diydude2 4 points 2 hours ago

What will you tell your family when they ask why you were trolling Reddit for 40 bucks an hour instead of mirroring the legendary diydude2's trades and stackin' mad sats?

I like that this is literal the least crazy thing he says, even though no one really gives a poo poo what Reddit thinks. Cause 40 bucks an hour is what they would pay someone to shrill in his world on Reddit.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
You think me controversial now, but you ain’t seen nothing yet. I know enough to fry the Deep State to ashes. The Deep State and the oligarchy are entwined, and they won’t die quietly. There is going to be an enormous amount of return fire directed at me: the blather of the hedge fund choagies in the financial press against Overstock since I came forward is a manifestation of that (look back at what happened when I first came forward: there was silence for two weeks as the Bosses readied a new party line, then it came at us simultaneously from all directions at once). The agitprop press does not bother me (I hope it is helping you with traffic, though I have 0 idea, as I cut myself off from all information within the company the day I left). But wherever they go the organs of the Deep State (including the SEC) will surely follow. If I had stayed at Overstock or even remained a large owner of OSTK, they would try to break Overstock as a way of crippling me. With me no longer an executive, a board member, or even a shareholder, it becomes pointless for them to try to get at me that way. There are other ways they will come for me, but there is no edge for them to come through Overstock to do it.

For these reasons it may give you some comfort to know what I am doing with the capital generated by the sale of my stock: after paying tens of millions in taxes (after all, “We didn’t build that,” right?) by Friday the rest will be in investments that are counter-cyclical to the economy: Gold, silver, and two flavors of crypto. The gold and silver are stored outside of the United States, in Switzerland, and within two weeks, will be scattered in other locations that are even more outside of the reach of the Deep State, but are places that are safe for me. The crypto is stored in the place where all crypto is stored: in mathematical mist, behind long keys held only in the memory of someone who is quite good at storing such things in memory (with paper backups in the hands of a priest I met 35 years ago who never sits foot in the West).

Live long and prosper, my friends.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
When we capture an metallic asteroid with more gold/platinum/rare metals than all of earth and causes all of the rare metals to drop to nothing price wise, one thing that i will enjoy, is the fact that people like him will have these expensive accounts in foreign countries that are worth absolute nothing.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Alternately, the asteroid hits the earth and metal hoards become worthless because cockroaches rule the earth

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

https://twitter.com/EA/status/1174736105628823552

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

It's a lovely ad for Apex Legends, of course, but butters are glomping on like ticks to a dog.

https://twitter.com/cryptogosu/status/1174756625468534784

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

...! posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Rhythmtrader/status/1174779008736813057

half of millennials, eh? [citation needed]

in fact, [citation needed] for literally all of that

didnt this happen at the end of 2017 when all of the flippeningers got caught holding the bag for $19k a butt

...!
Oct 5, 2003

KnifeWrench posted:

so which is it, are bitcoins going to be worth lots of dollars because dollars are worthless, or are they going to be worth lots of dollars because they have tremendous purchasing power?

It’s not 1 bitcoin going up to $1000000. It’s $1000000 going down to 1 btc. (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 22 hours ago by electricforrestredditor for 2 months

...!
Oct 5, 2003

2btc10000pizzas [score hidden] 8 minutes ago

Businesses with long term vision, lots of capital, and an eccentric leader might do this (have done this). I've also done my part in helping 2 local places start "accepting" bitcoin: a barber and a Chinese kitchen.

Admittedly, they don't get much business in crypto (as of earlier this year, so maybe that will change when Cycle 4 really gets underway!). I think part of it is that they know how to do it but they aren't as excited about it as I am. A lot of people I've turned on to bitcoin are only..."initialized" to the concept, but not "fully engaged" like I and probably everyone on this sub are.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

gschmidl posted:

It's a lovely ad for Apex Legends, of course

oh, I just assumed they'd been hacked

...!
Oct 5, 2003

coinarmy [score hidden] an hour ago

is stupid to ask businesses to take bitcoin as payment, if you really want to help ask them to reward their customers in bitcoin, for example they can raise the prices with 10% and return this amount in bitcoin as cash back.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

...! posted:

coinarmy [score hidden] an hour ago

is stupid to ask businesses to take bitcoin as payment, if you really want to help ask them to reward their customers in bitcoin, for example they can raise the prices with 10% and return this amount in bitcoin as cash back.

"I know you just want to sell me some fried chicken, but have you considered becoming an unlicensed money transmitter as a side hustle?"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Not just give bitcoiners a discount, no. Give all people bitcoins for free!

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
The great Rippening is approaching

*fartz*

...!
Oct 5, 2003

jmw74 [score hidden] 33 minutes ago

While we all appreciate your zeal, this is not advancing bitcoin's cause at all.

Merchants must necessarily be the very last on board. You might convince business owners to invest in bitcoin, but simply accepting it as payment (and trading it away immediately) is a waste of time.

You're talking to some low level grunt here, the best you can do is convince them personally to invest their savings in bitcoin. You aren't going to do that by telling them you want to get rid of your bitcoin (by spending it at their merchant's shop).

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Nope. If you are smart aka a real gang-star the "bitcoin" you hire will be way more disposable than the person you are trying to hit. Once the job is done you kill the "bitcoin" yourself when it comes for payment. The reason you hire a "bitcoin" is because you need an unconnected third party to kill the guy you want to take out, not because you are afraid to kill someone yourself. Take the "bitcoins" body out to the rural south, or 86 em in the desert. Be sure to take lots of lime. Also make sure that dumb rear end gently caress only ever meets with you, or if you are powerful enough an associate of yours in person. Never give em your number, no text, no calls. Anyone willing to do a hit in the first place is scum of the earth, and most likely retarded as hell. Also never go to a "professional bitcoin", or find one online. Those are all cops, or FBI agents you goofy jackass. 95% of all successful hits were done by "bitcoins" who were themselves killed right after the job.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

...! posted:

jmw74 [score hidden] 33 minutes ago

While we all appreciate your zeal, this is not advancing bitcoin's cause at all.

Merchants must necessarily be the very last on board. You might convince business owners to invest in bitcoin, but simply accepting it as payment (and trading it away immediately) is a waste of time.

You're talking to some low level grunt here, the best you can do is convince them personally to invest their savings in bitcoin. You aren't going to do that by telling them you want to get rid of your bitcoin (by spending it at their merchant's shop).
surprisingly cognizant for a bitcoiner.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

...! posted:

bitcoin will never go under $10k again, starting now

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
https://twitter.com/ButtCoin/status/1175126667146063872

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

:wrong: to the last bit.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

gschmidl posted:

:wrong: to the last bit.

Buttcoin: They're all dead. Every coin's dead, Brian.
Coinbase: Bitcoin isn't, is it?
BC: Every coin's dead, Brian!
CB: Not ETC!
BC: Satoshi's ever-growing teeth! Yes. It's dead, Brian. Every coin's dead, Brian.
CB: Wait. Are you trying to tell me all the coins are dead?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

divabot posted:

Buttcoin: They're all dead. Every coin's dead, Brian.
Coinbase: Bitcoin isn't, is it?
BC: Every coin's dead, Brian!
CB: Not ETC!
BC: Satoshi's ever-growing teeth! Yes. It's dead, Brian. Every coin's dead, Brian.
CB: Wait. Are you trying to tell me all the coins are dead?

You forgot the part where he's eating the dust of dead coins while this is being explained to him. Then holographic Satoshi walks in from the captain's office.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Correction: bitcoin did in fact not have a good run

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Schadenboner posted:

You forgot the part where he's eating the dust of dead coins while this is being explained to him. Then holographic Satoshi walks in from the captain's office.

picturing Chris Barrie playing Craig Wright

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/JoeWritesPoetry/status/1175127579684216835

lol these people don't even know when bitcoin was born

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Boxturret posted:

https://twitter.com/JoeWritesPoetry/status/1175127579684216835

lol these people don't even know when bitcoin was born

uh I think you’ll find that bitcoin, being the purest and highest math of all, has always existed. we just didn’t discover it until recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Has anyone said RIPcoin yet?