Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Super Mario Party is the eleventh Mario Party game, and a return to the game actually being fun again instead of that weird car stuff.

Grace and I played the game during one of the few times we get together in person, and got shitfaced drunk which I assume is how the game devs intended the game to be played. We also both got kinda sick so sorry for the coughing a bunch

Episodes:

Playlist

Let's Play Super Mario Party Episode 1 - One, Two, Lose Some Coins
Let's Play Super Mario Party Episode 2 - Unionizing
Let's Play Super Mario Party Episode 3 - Together We're All Garbage
Let's Play Super Mario Party Episode 4 - The Mole Stands Alone
Let's Play Super Mario Party Episode 5 - Stop Having Friends
Let's Play Super Mario Party Episode 6 - Money Mole

Danaru fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jan 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
ain't no party like a "gently caress you those are my coins i will stab you with this blunt controller" party!

Always a joy to hear you two having fun :)

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

So this is the warmup before the next Dokapon Kingdom LP, right?

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

CirclMastr posted:

So this is the warmup before the next Dokapon Kingdom LP, right?

I'm pretty sure someone will die in the next DK LP.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Super Mario Party is really drat good return to form for the series except for the fact that you can't can't have AI only matches. This saddens me greatly.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
My kid cousins just got a Switch, and this as their first game; I played one match on Whomp's map with them. It feels like a pretty good Mario Party, though everything seems a little bit slow. 60 minutes as the estimated time for 10 turns? Used to be able to get through 20 in less than that.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

How many games are you in the process of LPing, either solo or with Grace? I subscribe to your Youtube and the new content speed amazes me. Definitely here for this game because you and Grace must have an amazingly solid relationship to manage first Dokapon and then this.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I don't LP anything solo because I'm the world's most boring human being :v: We usually only get a chance to record once a week if we're lucky, but this LP was recorded back in November when I was visiting the states

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Danaru posted:

I don't LP anything solo because I'm the world's most boring human being :v: We usually only get a chance to record once a week if we're lucky, but this LP was recorded back in November when I was visiting the states

You and Grace make me want to make LPs.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Danaru posted:

I don't LP anything solo because I'm the world's most boring human being :v:

This is patently false because my best LPs are the ones with you in them.

CaptainScraps posted:

You and Grace make me want to make LPs.

Then make LPs. Seriously.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Super Mario Party Episode 2 - Unionizing

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Dan beats Grace at a mini-game, so Grace dunks on me? How does that make any sense?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Get Grace to a doctor! :ohdear:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I always love to see you adorable nerds play together. It's interesting, that Daisy collected Luigi and Yoshi. She knows which NPCs should play along. :tinfoil:

Incidentally, I played my first round of Super Mario Party on the day this was posted. It was even the same map. I played Waluigi, so I won obviously.

Dan, update your OP.

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING

Torrannor posted:

Get Grace to a doctor! :ohdear:

Dont worry, I went after Dan went home and we are both all better now!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Grace posted:

Dont worry, I went after Dan went home and we are both all better now!

I'm glad, you're both so adorbs together :3:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Super Mario Party Episode 3 - Together We're All Garbage

I actually really like the friend system in this, even if the computer characters seem to be rigging it :argh:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I don't think that one mini game was fair. Monty Mole obviously steals the spotlight in a photo any photo with the three princesses.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

As soon as Dan said "I can't think of anything else that rhymes with mole" my brain started coming up with stuff that rhymes with mole. If it wasn't for the migraines I'd probably be able to write some long insult rap lyrics, but thankfully we're all spared that.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

CirclMastr posted:

As soon as Dan said "I can't think of anything else that rhymes with mole" my brain started coming up with stuff that rhymes with mole. If it wasn't for the migraines I'd probably be able to write some long insult rap lyrics, but thankfully we're all spared that.

Welcome to the day the mole stole the polls.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Super Mario Party Episode 4 - The Mole Stands Alone

This map still makes me a little salty because we tried to start the LP on this one and it blew up like three times! This also sees our trend of switching up the CPU characters and Grace's character, but I refuse to compromise my principles. :colbert:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Wow, that Maths of Glory was a colossal waste of time.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

It's real nice to see they ditched the :chloe: car thing and allow you to gently caress each other over again. But drat, this is some weak sauce Mario Party. How the hell do 20 rounds take 2 hours on these boards for ants? Everything is so excruciatingly slowly animated.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

"All's fair in love and Mario Party" would've been a great thread title.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

"All's fair in love and Mario Party" would've been a great thread title.

That was the thread title for when we played Mario Party 2 :v:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

We went from Monty Mole having an array of princess rivals to Wario collecting a princess harem. I think I preferred the former, as much as I agree with Grace that Yoshi is the best character to play.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like the handful of unique teamup quotes there are, though most of them revolve around Bowser. He's kind of the best party character now that he's embraced being a dad.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Super Mario Party Episode 5 - Stop Having Friends

Grace has an unpopular approach to the Prisoner's Dilemma

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

I care! It literally makes me uncomfortable (I have OCD) to see a turn not played completely when every other video I've seen of yours has been. It was nice in Dokapon when 30 minutes was 2 turns :shobon:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

I care! It literally makes me uncomfortable (I have OCD) to see a turn not played completely when every other video I've seen of yours has been. It was nice in Dokapon when 30 minutes was 2 turns :shobon:

I'm glad since that's how I prefer it too, and not just as an excuse to not edit :v:

Let's Play Super Mario Party Episode 6 - Money Mole

https://twitter.com/graciegr4c3/status/1068633657034760192

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Man, the easily accessed pipe store and the stars that kept dropping next to it really racked up a total.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Personally I would prefer if each video was 10 turns so a board was only 2 videos instead of 3, but that's just me.

Also what the hell, of course I like Grace! Shadow of Destiny is probably my favorite LP on my channel - despite being a technical mess, since I was on opioid painkillers when I made it. And you better believe I am dying to get going on some more stuff when your schedules allow.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Super Mario Party Episode 7 - Wiggler Wednesday

In a move surprising nobody, we immediately forgot that we wanted to change characters for each map

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Stop giving your GF heart attacks, Dan! You're supposed to be a GOOD boyfriend!

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Kemix posted:

Stop giving your GF heart attacks, Dan!

(Grace is a boy, internet name notwithstanding.)

Edit: maybe I'm responding to a joke, given that the episode opens with "we're like, really gay"/"yeah, it's terrifying"

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 28, 2019

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

While initially looking a lot better than the previous installment, it's still kinda a pile of garbage. There's way too little loving each other over going on on the board.

Akratic Method posted:

(Grace is a boy, internet name notwithstanding.)

Edit: maybe I'm responding to a joke, given that the episode opens with "we're like, really gay"/"yeah, it's terrifying"

Way to assume they didn't mean gay friend.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Geemer posted:

While initially looking a lot better than the previous installment, it's still kinda a pile of garbage. There's way too little loving each other over going on on the board.

Way to assume they didn't mean gay friend.

There is a big rear end bomb in the center due to explode next update. I'm assuming that will suitably screw people over.

My big issue is that the boards take about 30-40min longer than their mp2 lp that played the same number of turns. Minor complaint on bad luck stuff being pretty tame comparatively too, although wario bankrupting himself turn 2 was hilarious.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Super Mario Party Episode 8 - Calibrate

It never works when Grace and I play chicken because one or both of us will probably resolve to go over the cliff out of spite.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Super Mario Party Episode 9 - Revolver Ocelot Skills

There's only so much button clackin' can do :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

OK, I'm seriously curious what the mechanics of that stupid mining thing are. Is it even actually possible to get anything from going for a second hit or is it just bait?