Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

You hit yes, the pick flies off and then everyone laughs because you got greedy and lost it all. The game even pretends to offer you the option to decline even if the results of choosing it would never be tested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
I've watched a handful of groups playing Super Mario Party, and I've maybe seen the second swing work out once or twice... which they would choose to follow up with a third swing that broke the pick. I can't think of any time I've actually seen someone collect a payout from the mining spaces.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
As in RL non-corporate mining, the true winners are those supplying the picks.

e: actually in corporate mining the corp supplies the picks to the workers, so it's true there as well

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Feb 9, 2019

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Toad, the true ruler of the kingdom, as he controls the means of pick production

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Super Mario Party Episode 10 - Luck Of The Mole

This map loving rules, also we finally figure out you can just manually set AI characters and difficulties if you talk to Toad, the one thing we didn't try. :cripes:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Super Mario Party Episode 11 - The Call Of Gold

So it turns out bringing two characters that can hit 10 on their die rolls is a bad idea on a map where you can gently caress everyone over by reaching the end first.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Those top tier dice are OP! Nerf now!

This is special treatment for the new boss and his son.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

"I'll kill [Bowser] in real life." -Dan, 2019

Can't believe Dan is already threatening to kill to new president of Nintendo of America.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Super Mario Party Episode 12 - Winner Takes All

Whoops this shoulda been up like last week! I've been working a lot lately :shepface:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

This map reminds me of one in Mario Party DS where you could buy as many Stars as you could afford. Imagine that here, with 5-coin Stars and 100+ coins. Dan would have run away with it.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

What a good way to end the lp

winner take all!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
It's not actually over yet :ssh: before the LP, we recorded a game on the Bob-omb map with Grace's brother joining us, I saved those to finish off the LP

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Katherine let out a huge "yaaaaaay!" At the end of this one.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Congrats Grace on winning the LP

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Danaru posted:

It's not actually over yet :ssh: before the LP, we recorded a game on the Bob-omb map with Grace's brother joining us, I saved those to finish off the LP

Why do I have the feeling Grace's brother is going to win handily and you're going to spend the whole map complaining about him winning?

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Congrats Grace for keeping Danaru from sweeping the games.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Super Mario Party Episode 13 - Did You Just Bazinga?

Bonus time! I mentioned it earlier but this round was played before the rest of the LP, so that's why we're suddenly less familiar with the game :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Super Mario Party Episode 14 - Speaking Of Exploding

Grace's dislike of Rosalina's dice block began on this map, even though you can just NOT USE IT ON THE BAD TILES CONSTANTLY AND BAD STUFF WON'T HAPPEN IT IS 100% UNDER YOUR CONTROL DARLING

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

What are your favorite and least favorite character dice?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I really like the high risk high reward ones like Bowser's, or preferably Rosalina's where the losing roll still nets her two coins.

My least favourite is probably Monty's, which is just the normal dice except 1 becomes a coin :v:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Monty is the best character yet has the worst die. It makes sense.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Super Mario Party Episode 15 - Nothing Matters

And the LP ends on an appropriately optimistic note :v:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Dang, it was so close to being able to declare the computer the lp victor because "winner takes all"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Goddammit, Dan. You've been barraging us with "Money Mole!" so much that when Monty got his winning bonus star, I had to rewind to make sure that the text in the game hadn't actually said Money Mole. :argh: