Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Took the brood to the Seattle Pacific Science Center and chased them around all day. They had a great time and the behavior was not bad. Good start to the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Soulex posted:

Watched Bird Box or whatever with Sandra B. Not bad, a little Deus Ex Machina but it had decent character development. My wife loving called it halfway through too where are the loving blind people at?.

It was alright.

I didn’t really get what the bad thing was besides spooky.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Better yet bring some butter to butter them up and a green sharpie for your dilz.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I’ve got about 10 sets ranging from the corellian corvette to the m.falcon sitting in my attic unopened for future rainy days. I was also hoping to do them with the kids but they both turned out to be rather ADHD and can’t sit through a single bag without having to take a constant breaks.

So I bought a poo poo ton of smaller sets we can get done in 10-15 minutes.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

We are hiring people to do windows reimagining in Bremerton.

You’ll be puking for other reasons besides stress.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Man I thought stripes where supposed to be thinning when vertical.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Brute Squad posted:

Antique stores. Had an ex-girlfriend who loved antiquing. She gave me some cast iron she picked up from there as a Birthday present once. Best pans I own, including my all-clad.

Fun fact. Whenever Social Distortion tours, Mike Ness gets his own dedicated runner at venues. Why? So he can go hit up antique stores and flea markets before his set. Apparently, that's his favorite hobby.

Sounds dope. I have about 5 in my home city I take a walk through once a quarter.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

The trick to not feeling that old at work is to be with a bunch of vets with 10+ of service. They all may be 10 years younger than me but their bodies are all piles of poo poo. I don’t think the 4 other guys have one fully functional knee between them.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I’m gonna die like my great grandpa. In the sack, 85, balling my third teenage wife who married me for food and shelter in a blasted wasteland.

That’s the family story at least. Somebody else said the real father was actually a ranch hand and Hefe had been shooting blanks for decades.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Thanks. It’s life. I’m too broke brained to do work this serious. I need to find myself something significantly less demanding.

Come to the PNW and touch computers with me.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Imagine beating cancer due to Sonic.

We’ve been such fools!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Burt posted:

Whatever you do don't look how much water it takes to grow enough almonds for a pint of almond milk.

Where does the balance of the water go after it’s used in the process?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Slim Pickens posted:

Luxury Seattle Seatac living for only a 1/4 million buckaroos

https://www.redfin.com/WA/SeaTac/2425-S-146th-St-98168/home/193000

(They're definitely tearing this shithole down and putting some 3000 sq ft house on that lot)

That SeaTac. It’s a dump.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Love that last minute “check you email and respond”. Oh I would boss my NMCI decided to take a huge poo poo on me from a pushed update.

What the gently caress?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

You can't just buy a waffle house franchise. You have to work your time in the company before they offer it to you. Part of that makes an owner easier on his staff, because he had to do all the dirty work too, at one point. They also pay a little better than most places.

Yup this is what I heard too. Amazing how treating your employees like humans can show.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Handsome Ralph posted:

Arlington has two diners called Bob and Edith's Diner and it's the loving greatest.

Closest Waffle House is like 30 minutes away though so I only get to go to it whenever I travel with my wife when she goes on business trips.

TOO loving LOUD TO HAVE A NORMAL TALK WITH MY DEAF rear end PARENTS ON A SUNDAY AFTERNOON

Otherwise pretty good and great hours

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Man I thought you typed White House and I had to reread it a few times.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Lol

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I just enjoyed picking pallets of coins up and putting them down.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

ElMaligno posted:

POST WHAT GERMAN GRINDER LOOKS LIKE MY DUDE

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Oh good lord dude if you need to talk to someone on a phone I’ll send you a PM

poo poo you can email me at azutler@gmail.com

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

colachute posted:

i'm still on the phone with him. he is going to the doctor next week to find out if a lump in his throat is cancer. and he is talking as if he might pull the trigger if they give him bad news.

i don't know what to do.

Be there, listen and then talk to another person who doesnt know the first person is a good start. Don't hold it in. Does he have local to him friends or family? Is there anyone who can physically go check on him?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

colachute posted:

He's in south florida away from all of his family. he has a girlfriend but she is the source of some of his stress, and I don't know how to get in touch with her.

Let's say worst case scenario is a possibility, can i just contact authorities in his area and give them his name and phone number? I don't have any other information about his whereabouts.

I'm of the opinion tossing police into this would be a bad idea. He's armed... police are gonna police. Can we get anyone with experience with this scenario to offer suggestions?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Gonna see the WW1 show tonight. Plenty of seating at my local theater.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

LongDarkNight posted:

I just got back from it. The film restoration and color is amazing but I think the audio was the best part. Brought the film to life.

I agree.

gently caress those guys got a raw deal at war and after.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

You might forget the gas and shells but you’ll never forget the madammousille
Incky dinky parlivou

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Are you guys describing dogs or my children? They are so loving high energy kids their age look at them funny and avoid them when they wound up.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Want someone to send you a resume and do a mock interview?

What’s the position?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Sure I know of both! I love watching TV and those lazy Susan’s are great.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

holocaust bloopers posted:

You have to start somewhere to understand managing budgets, target research, building decks, client comms, billing, and practically every content channel. It's where I started right out of college.

We have several candidates to go over who both seem good. I'm just not used to an agency working a little more casually about things. My last agency had training for people prior to them even conducting interviews.

Lemme tell you about the next big thing.

Wait for it.

BlockChain Media.

The future is now.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Feed me decent Korean and I'd kill for you.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

My maga coworker had to be sent home sick so he doesn’t infect us with his nasty upper respiratory disease. He won’t take the time off unless sent home because “he’s not entitled to it”.

What
The
gently caress

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Of course it is but he’s saving it for when he’s “really sick”.
Apparently nasty rear end bloody coughing isn’t real enough.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I jacked my tenants from 650 to 700 because my property taxes got reassessed and now I owe 2k more per year in taxes. Felt bad but oh well.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Dude my renters (around 22-23) didn’t want to sign a lease because “they trust me”. I told them that was a mistake and cover their own tail. So they are just month to month. I could rent out the studio for 750 easily but I like the dumb kids.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

My coworker noticed a few mouse pellets on his desk. I had him clear off his desk but not clean it and set up my traps(saved from last years incident).
Got the little dude on the first night and now my daughters Malibu Stacy doll will get a new fur coat!

J/K unceremoniously dumped in the trash.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

It was a little odd because he doesn’t keep anything but sealed prepackaged food at his desk.
My ex coworker would keep half eaten subway sandwiches at his desk. Never had a mouse.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Crazy in the head, crazy in the prep line.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Failed bars always seemed more indicative of a terrible business person than a bad idea. A single pour of well liquor can pay for a whole bottle of it. It’s all about keeping a tight control on inventory and not drinking or giving away your profits. The guy I use to work for spent most of his time staring down the length of the bar making sure drinks got charged and payed for.
Food was a loss leader for him. He had a great lineup on menu but knew that it was the wine and martinis that payed the bills.

Another bar, the owner treated it like his private party bar and pissed away all his profits and lost his house after two years. He didn’t even serve food other than peanuts. Unbelievable.

Wouldn’t touch the idea of a restaurant without a liquor license.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I bought a frame for my theatrical release fury road poster because goddamn mounting price.